The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

+11
laverfan
paulcz
Jahu
Henman Bill
noleisthebest
Tenez
bogbrush
gallery play
CaledonianCraig
sirfredperry
socal1976
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread Empty Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello

Very Happy

Oh minions I have returned after many dark and distant forays into the outer reaches of the milky bar galaxy. There is a storm brewing. Your Sun is emitting solar flares with more frequency; beware! There are many dark rumours surfacing; a creeping blackness skirts the outer edge of the universe threatening to engulf and decimate all in it's path. The council of Elders are receiving reports of the re-emergence of the unholy creature BOO (oh BOOOOOOOO, why oh BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?).

Meanwhile back on planet earth (my home, my place, floating around in a sea of space) another titanic battle will ensue shortly: TMF vs Treebeardless (aka John Isner).

Will The Mighty Federer gain revenge and cut Johnny boy down to size? Or will Johnny continue to rise.. and rise.. ?

Follow all the action on this thread - exclusively.

ghost

emancipator - ps. does anyone know what time it starts (GMT)? My body clock is a little messed up Erm

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread Empty Re: Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by socal1976 Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:13 pm

I think Fed wins. I think Isner had the much tougher semi and maybe he has a feeling of satisfaction after a big win like that. Any type of complacency will be cruelly punished by Fed. Look for Fed to win in two very tight sets with maybe just one break of serve and a tiebreaker. Isner has to continue to play big man tennis and try to shorten the points at any opportunity.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread Empty Re: Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok ok I know the timings. Starts at 8pm GMT Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread 1347041234

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:32 pm

It's after the women's final which is now on but is only in the third game at the moment, according to the scoreboard I'm following. Isner has already beaten Fed this season but Rog will be favourite. Murray is far more used to the big occasion than Isner and he found it difficult to follow up a victory over Djokovic with a good display against Fed.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

I'd be surprised if this isn't a win for Roger Federer. He is in the zone at the moment and whilst Isner is in the form of his life I think he'll find two big matches in two days just a little too much.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 pm

The wind seems to affect Federer more than yesterday..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Going to be all about keeping it in court. Pity.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Good hold there. It must be scary to play a service game against Isner, you simply must hold..

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 pm

some tasty forehands from fed to close out that game

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Pfff, the wind is quite unplayable

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 pm

Yes - I thought it was the same yesterday though.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Here we go again...

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 pm

why oh why does that Yank have to commentate, has anyone told him it's not for the radio broadcast and that he does not need to blab non-stop, also not all the people who watch Tennistv are Americans and are able to use their brains....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm gong to complain to tennistv now, I know they won't publish the comment but at least I'll let them know furious

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Leyani divides and conquers, almost as big a star as Federer Ok!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm liking Isner's chances.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Missed the first 7 games, what happened?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Isner's had 3bps in 3rd game.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

No breaks so far then..who's playing well/bad, notable tactics shots working well etc? Or nothing much to report?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I'm gong to complain to tennistv now, I know they won't publish the comment but at least I'll let them know furious

He is really annoying...Robbie blanks him at times.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:49 pm

I'd be really surprised if Isner were to win it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Tenez wrote:I'd be really surprised if Isner were to win it.

Who knows? Karlovic once won a set of Federer in which he won just a single point on Federers serve

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I wouldn't. Saw him do it in DC recently. He played well. Watch for his returns when he gets hold of them.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:53 pm

looks like a tie break

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:54 pm

gallery play wrote:

Who knows? Karlovic once won a set of Federer in which he won just a single point on Federers serve

Is that true! Shocked

Still I think Fed will break the next serve. Isner serving in the sun.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

yep, 6 love games for Fed, lost one point on serve in the tie and GSM Ivo.
(cincy 2008)

Last edited by gallery play on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

That musician saddo in Fed's box is worse than the commentator.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Is the crowd cheering for Fed, I've got the headphones off but heard a lot of noise when he got the set point?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:00 pm

FED! you gotta win the rallies man!

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:01 pm

noleisthebest wrote:That musician saddo in Fed's box is worse than the commentator.

Who's that?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 pm

One thing's for sure, Isner's no choker, and no dummy.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:One thing's for sure, Isner's no choker

Definitely!
He knows when to deliver

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:That musician saddo in Fed's box is worse than the commentator.

Who's that?

NO idea, but he looks very much in love with himself...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 pm

wow that was close!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Fed takes it nicely the first set.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Great tie-breaker...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Isner bottled it for me, on the lob. That's a high volley/smash you should be confident of winning the point on 70-80% of the time. Only leave it if you're sure.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Federer's returning skills are so underestimated by some. I think he is better than most. Especially when it comes to return fastest serves.

I would say only djoko is better in that departmnent. But I don't think he stands as close as Fed. Nalby would be right up there with Federer too.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Fed looked kind of tense in that set. I think he'll relax now and finish this off in straight sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Phew, that was FAR more suspenseful than last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 pm

emancipator wrote:Fed looked kind of tense in that set. I think he'll relax now and finish this off in straight sets.

Understandable, Isner beat him recently. Even the GOAT is intimidated by those unreal serves.

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm

How many BH's has Federer hit? 4?

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:28 pm

A bit more I think but he certainly finds the time to move around it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:30 pm

Fed is looking to break the 50 second barrier to close a service game

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Fed breaks 4:3.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Yep, that's what to aim for when Isner's at the net, straight to the body

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 pm

now begins isner's deconstruction, apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 pm

FEderer 1.01
Isner 40

On Betfair

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Another Fed friendly intervention by the Ump
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I think Federer's been seeing Isner's serve better. wihot seeing dividends yet Maybe he'll pounce here though

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next