The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

+11
laverfan
paulcz
Jahu
Henman Bill
noleisthebest
Tenez
bogbrush
gallery play
CaledonianCraig
sirfredperry
socal1976
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread - Page 2 Empty Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello

Very Happy

Oh minions I have returned after many dark and distant forays into the outer reaches of the milky bar galaxy. There is a storm brewing. Your Sun is emitting solar flares with more frequency; beware! There are many dark rumours surfacing; a creeping blackness skirts the outer edge of the universe threatening to engulf and decimate all in it's path. The council of Elders are receiving reports of the re-emergence of the unholy creature BOO (oh BOOOOOOOO, why oh BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?).

Meanwhile back on planet earth (my home, my place, floating around in a sea of space) another titanic battle will ensue shortly: TMF vs Treebeardless (aka John Isner).

Will The Mighty Federer gain revenge and cut Johnny boy down to size? Or will Johnny continue to rise.. and rise.. ?

Follow all the action on this thread - exclusively.

ghost

emancipator - ps. does anyone know what time it starts (GMT)? My body clock is a little messed up Erm

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:38 pm

Has the wind dropped? It seems easier for Fed now.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Indian Wells final: Fed vs Treebeardless (Isner): match thread

Post by Jahu Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

Yesssssssssssssss
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

Nice win, tougher it out.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:39 pm

Isner was completely wasted at the end

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

NITB the old hairy guy looks happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

gallery play wrote:Isner was completely wasted at the end

Yes, Fed wore down his timing.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:40 pm

Yeah I saw that coming. You could just see Federer had been steadily improving his read of the Isner serve throughout the match. In the previous couple of games he had been reacting well but not always gettinng back in court, and I felt he had just about got the read. The returns were great in that last game.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Little Fedra not too impressed with daddy's win

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Has Miami always started on Saturday? I thought it was about THursday or are SKy just advertising their own coverage?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

By the way, congrats Isner for tournament and acheiving top 10!

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:43 pm

Mirka to baby Federer: Hey look Daddy won again.

Baby Federer: So what's new, can I get a new Barbie now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

So Sky seem to be saying Miami starts Saturday but actually they should have clarified that's just their coverage. Just checking on the Miami site:
Qualifying starts Monday.
Women's first round proper starts Tuesday.
Men's first round proper starts Wednesday.
That makes sense.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:50 pm

Wow! That was quick! I was just going to return to the match after reading some old threads from "old" 606 (featuring one and only Sugar Harris) and it's finished!!!

Well done Fed, well done ye old man clap

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:53 pm

emancipator wrote:NITB the old hairy guy looks happy

Didn't spot him today, must have been dressed Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:54 pm

I wish Fed had spared a few more words for Isner. Clearly his mind in thanking all the sponsors as well but I am sure the crowd wanted to hear more about their home hero.

I think it's great to have a great server doing well again.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Mar 2012, 9:57 pm

Gregs summary "American tennis needs a superstar; Andy Roddivk tried to hold up the mantelpiece for years........"

Classic Greg, big foot in very big mouth.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:01 pm

Tenez wrote:I wish Fed had spared a few more words for Isner. Clearly his mind in thanking all the sponsors as well but I am sure the crowd wanted to hear more about their home hero.

Yes, some kind words but more opponent, less sponsor. The speeches are boring, just thanks.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:03 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:I wish Fed had spared a few more words for Isner. Clearly his mind in thanking all the sponsors as well but I am sure the crowd wanted to hear more about their home hero.

Yes, some kind words but more opponent, less sponsor. The speeches are boring, just thanks.

"kind words"? Nole has spoilt you all, hasn't he.... Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm

BNP Paribas man: We had a great womans final and not too shabby mens final.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:19 pm

Congratulation Roger for a great tournament. Looking forward to the next final hopefully between him and Novak OK

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:22 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:That musician saddo in Fed's box is worse than the commentator.

Who's that?

Gavin Rossdale.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:26 pm

laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:That musician saddo in Fed's box is worse than the commentator.

Who's that?

Gavin Rossdale.

hey bud did ya get ma pm?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:33 pm

laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:

Who's that?

Gavin Rossdale.

And who's THAT Laugh ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:32 am

The match went much as I expected. No doubting the strength of Isner's serve but he now needs to work on his service returns but he is certainly heading in the right direction. Roger played a solid game keeping firm control of his service games and was able to get his teeth into much more of Isner's games with his returning and gradually wore Isner down for a deserved win.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 19 Mar 2012, 6:45 am

I think John is a scarier version of peak Dr Ivo - its the threat of the consequences of being broken even once that piles on pressure. You keep expecting him to be rubbish in rallies but then he takes a swing and you're dead.

Federer had a very nasty moment in the 3rd game before he was getting his first serve in but after that he was unbreakable. Isner then looked like the semi caught up with him, Roger made him do a lot of moving (cue physicality argument, anyone?).
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:24 am

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:I'd be really surprised if Isner were to win it.

Who knows? Karlovic once won a set of Federer in which he won just a single point on Federers serve

Is that true! Shocked

Yep. Even in the FO 09 4th Rnd against Tommy Haas, Fed won all his service games in the 1st set on luv i.e. didn't drop a single point on serve till 6-6, but in tie-breaker lost the set 6-7(4). Tie-breakers anything can happen.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

bogbrush wrote:I think John is a scarier version of peak Dr Ivo - its the threat of the consequences of being broken even once that piles on pressure. You keep expecting him to be rubbish in rallies but then he takes a swing and you're dead.

Federer had a very nasty moment in the 3rd game before he was getting his first serve in but after that he was unbreakable. Isner then looked like the semi caught up with him, Roger made him do a lot of moving (cue physicality argument, anyone?).

I think on a faster surface Karlo was probably harder to deal with cause his serve was unbreakable. Isner is certainly moving better and has much more solid and powerful groundsstrokes. So yes on average Isner is certainly better on those slow courts.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

Fantastic win for Fed. I missed Nadal vs Nalby mad Fed vs Nadal mad mad and Fed vs Isner mad mad mad - events outside my control Sad

Well done TMF though clap and much clap for Isner for such a great tournament and his first masters final. Bittersweet weekend for him, two finals and beaten in both. clap to Nadal and Lopez

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Time Please. No doubt you know this anyway, but you can catch quite good highlights of the IW matches on YouTube.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:10 pm

I have just watched the highlights of the matches sirfred - you tube is fab, but still can't believe that I just couldn't catch one of the matches.

Still.....Miami v soon Very Happy

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

lol at the smileys TP...
A good doubles win for Nadal too...might siften the disappoint of Sat. for him.
Yep, Miami should be good...expecting a bounce back from Murray too.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:20 pm

Understandably, very little written about Murray of late. It was a big chance at IW for him to get some good points on the board as he had nothing to defend and the same can be said of Miami. Surely he's not going to go out in his opening round of both IW and Miami two years running?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:33 pm

I am still a bit mad lydian, but I am slowly getting over it Smile

It is always a bit disappointing not to get to see the doubles, or hardly ever, though I would have missed that too even if it had been broadcast lol

I am certainly hoping for Murray to really hit Miami with his concentration and determination in place.

I didn't catch the Isner vs Novak semi either - are there signs that Djokovic is just mentally a little fried atm?

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2