The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams

+3
Number-25
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
7 posters

Go down

Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams Empty Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 Mar 2012, 11:57 pm

Matt Flynn has signed for Seattle! Good move by the Hawks?
What does this mean for Miami? Is Alex Smith taking his talents to the south beach?
What happens is Manning doesn't go to the 49ers? Will they be left with just Kaepernick?
That's not even mentioning the Broncos or the Titans!
Oh the QB merry go round
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams Empty Re: Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams

Post by cherriesfna Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

Yer we are gonna win the divison, first real QB since HAss, T-JHax was good but flynn is an improvement and we are only gonna go up and up and up
go HAWKS
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams Empty Re: Flynn Signs for Seattle! Implications for other teams

Post by Number-25 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

Och OK then, I'll be the one to rain on Cherriesfan's parade.... Flynn could be a good move for Seattle..... but he might not be. Fact is, he's only played in 2 more NFL games than Andrew Luck and RG3 and that was in a different system to the one he'll be playing in in Seattle. For me, he comes with every bit as big a question mark as any rookie QB does. I'd have said differently if he was stepping up to become the starter in Green Bay as it would have meant playing in a system he had been immersed in for a few years. I hope it works out for him as it would be one of those nice stories - 7th round draft pick learns his trade and then makes good. I'd worry that he just hasn't played enough football in his career - he only started one year in college I'm sure, and only 2 NFL games since then. Fingers crossed it all works out.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

cherriesfan wrote:Yer we are gonna win the divison, first real QB since HAss, T-JHax was good but flynn is an improvement and we are only gonna go up and up and up
go HAWKS

When you say the first real QB since Hasselbeck you do remember that he only left 8 months ago don't you?

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:35 pm

My question would be why didn't Joe Philbin and the Dolphins make more of an effort to sign him? Some reports suggested they were low balling Flynn. Why? Was it down to Jeff Ireland or did Philbin not believe Flynn was worth the money? If it's the later then that would be of concern to me as who knows what Flynn is capable of better than Joe Philbin.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

David Garrard has signed up with Miami so it looks like the 49ers will be sticking with Alex Smith
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

Philbin wanted flynn but the head office wanted manning,
flynn also relised that seattle are a much better team and his best WR in miami would be devone bess and brian hartline, compared with rice, baldwin and miller along with 2 pro bowlers in teh back field.
also Schinder was assistant GM in GB when they drafted flynn.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_Bradford_8 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 3:03 pm

I think its a bit early to say the Hawks are going to win the division, Flynn is an unknown. For the move itself they dont give up a lot of money for him, so its worth the risk in giving him a shot. Flynn as a QB at the moment doesnt scare me, its not like facing Manning, Rodgers or Brady, we just have to wait and see how it turns out.

I think the niners are the best bet for division, god knows how my Rams will play, but i hope Fisher at least makes them competitive.

Sam_Bradford_8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down