The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A problem with central contracts...

3 posters

Go down

A problem with central contracts... Empty A problem with central contracts...

Post by GavinDragon Tue 20 Mar 2012 - 13:44

someone correct me if im wrong or educate me otherwise....If the WRU go down the route of central contracts, wont it decrease the selectors flexibility when choosing squads, for example if they are paying a player x amount per year but some youngster is flying for a region arent the WRU more likely to put pressure on the coach to use the established player as its costinng them money?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

A problem with central contracts... Empty Re: A problem with central contracts...

Post by nganboy Tue 20 Mar 2012 - 23:35

Only if they are stupid and only focus on the money - of which it could be 2 or 3 players across the whole country who are being superseeded by some youngster ( who you could quickly give a contract to)
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

A problem with central contracts... Empty Re: A problem with central contracts...

Post by GavinDragon Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 8:15

yea i was just wondering how they work in that regard

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 8:49

I don't know how Ireland manage central contracts, but in 'English' cricket, players cced tend to get picked as a priority, but that does not seem to preclude unanswerable cases from the county system. The fact is that centrally-contracted players get very little county experience unless they are recovering from injury or just out of form.

I'd love for England to have them so long as the balance of payments to the wage-capped sides is modified to encourage clubs to continue producing English players.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down