The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Future Ahead for England!

+14
HERSH
thebluesmancometh
Effervescing Elephant
A World Cup and 3 Finals
nobbled
Geordie
mystiroakey
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
Morgannwg
glamorganalun
dogtooth
Duty281
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bright Future Ahead for England! Empty Bright Future Ahead for England!

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

So after the disastrous showing of the World Cup and MJ resigning, England went into the Six Nations without a prayer. They're new caretaker coach was Saxons boss Stuart Lancaster and England were widely predicted to come 4th or even 5th.

In the rain of Murrayfield, England squeaked through, in the snow of Rome, England squeaked through. Their next opponents, Wales were predicted to beat them soundly. It didn't turn out that way, yes Wales beat them but only after a mighty struggle. In fact, the English game was probably the toughest they played. Next it was the French in Paris, the team that dumped England out of the World Cup. Pre-game expectations were again thrown in the bin as England ran in three tries to triumph 24-22. To round off, England hammered Ireland 30-9 at Twickenham, scoring two tries and destroying the Irish scrum in the process.

Many players look to have a bright future ahead of them for England. Players like Cole, Farrell, Barritt, Tuilagi, Morgan, Parling, Youngs, Corbisiero and, of course, Robshaw.

Lancaster will surely keep his job and when he does he will look forward to three tests against South Africa in South Africa in June. Then it's the four autumn internationals against Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Lancaster should target a minimum of 1 victory over South Africa in June because going there will be a real tough test for a young side, and probably victories over Fiji and Australia in the autumn. Achieving this will allow Lancaster to look ahead to complete what he nearly achieved in 2012 which is a Grand Slam in 2013, 10 years after the last one.

The future's bright, the future's English. rose

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Bright Future Ahead for England! Empty Re: Bright Future Ahead for England!

Post by dogtooth Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:23 pm

i didnt think eng would finish lower than 4th. (i thought 4th Wink )
they played really well and their play improved as the tournament went on. eng in hq was wales toughest game, mostly because how supprisingly good eng were.

i dont reckon lancaster will get the job, but he deserves it.

england are looking like a really exciting side. looking forward to watching their games.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm

A lot can change in 12 months England won the 6N with what looked like impressive form until the Irish game, this same team were poor during the RWC 6 months later in the weakest group. The current English team look promising (this applies to Wales as well) but players may get found out after a first season exposure. Where was Ashton and Foden this year two of the stars of last season's 6N (Foden managed a try gifted by Morgan in the last game against Ireland's beaten pack)?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Mar 2012, 10:57 pm

Yawn, here we go yet again. English talking their team up and saying Wales aren't that good. You finished second, not first. But I get it, the team has only been together for a 'few weeks' despite have a number of experienced players in the team so everything must indicate England world domination?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:38 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Yawn, here we go yet again. English talking their team up and saying Wales aren't that good. You finished second, not first. But I get it, the team has only been together for a 'few weeks' despite have a number of experienced players in the team so everything must indicate England world domination?

You may well yawn but the bottom line is Wales looked far from invincible against an England side that many gave little hope for.
However, they delivered as the tournament progressed.
We aren't world beaters and on current form neither are you!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:40 pm

Leave it until the summer, see what happens when they go to SA.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:41 pm

But come on seriously how much longer are we going to have to put up how invincible is this England team is gonna be one day? This forum and the media has not stopped.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

Looks like it's the:

"One Day" team against the "On Our Day" team

Until these issues are resolved Wales are again the GS champs thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:40 am

Morgannwg wrote:Yawn, here we go yet again. English talking their
team up and saying Wales aren't that good. You finished second, not
first. But I get it, the team has only been together for a 'few weeks'
despite have a number of experienced players in the team so everything
must indicate England world domination?

err morg noone is talking down wales, why do you associate "england have a bright futire" with "wales dont" or "wales are rubbish"

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:42 am

Bright Future Ahead for England!

The future is bright....the future is White!! Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

Morgannwg wrote:Yawn, here we go yet again. English talking their team up and saying Wales aren't that good. You finished second, not first. But I get it, the team has only been together for a 'few weeks' despite have a number of experienced players in the team so everything must indicate England world domination?

I think it's fair to say that Englands results were surprisingly good and that the team seem to improve game on game. We can only hope they will continue to improve, as there is a lot that still needs to get better if we are to challenge the top 3 teams - some passing from the centres to the wing would be nice for example.

However, can I just point out this was a thread about England, not one knocking Wales. You won. Well done. Hope to be able to return the favour next year. Sometimes - it just isn't about Wales - sorry. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by nobbled on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:45 am

Why must a post being optimistic about a side inevitably lead to a comparison to another? Some very thin skinned posters on this board me thinks.

Bottom line is is that both England and Wales have exciting sides with Wales slightly ahead in terms of development. How great either one becomes will only truly be known at the end of RWC 2015.

My money's on England though Whistle

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

Jaysus, some tender egos in here today. It's quite simple, if you don't like reading articles by English posters being optimistic about England's future then don't read them!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

I'm just waiting for some wily Valley boy to shove a thread about up about "Even Brighter Future Ahead for Wales" - Let me get my sunglasses I can't cope with all this brightness Cool

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:47 am

And our day has been pretty regular of late.

I like the look of England but I just can't help to compare them to Scotland. The only difference between them really is that Scotland came off the unluckier side of their scorelines. They couldve well beaten England and France, and both tried to shut up shop V Wales, with varying success.

I don't think it'll be fair to judge England on this summer, I don't think they stand a chance in SA, they are too inexperienced to win a war like you get down there, the likes of Hartley, Corbs, Parling, Robshaw, Morgan, Farell, Sharples and to an extent Tuilagi will all get bullied and won't be able to compete, allbeit for differing reasons.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

morg or woodstock ruby?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:50 am

My money would be on View thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

RubyGuby wrote:My money would be on View thumbsup

No way I'd take that bet!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

View is allright- I just reakon he gets high alot Bright Future Ahead for England! 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

Why has an honest article about England been hijacked yet again by the same old Welsh posters, guys grow up it's beginning to look desperate and rather pathetic.

Why don’t the sites mods take action against these jokers?

Here’s an idea! Bring back separate areas for England Welsh and other nations fans.

Last edited by HERSH on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:And our day has been pretty regular of late.

I like the look of England but I just can't help to compare them to Scotland. The only difference between them really is that Scotland came off the unluckier side of their scorelines. They couldve well beaten England and France, and both tried to shut up shop V Wales, with varying success.

I don't think it'll be fair to judge England on this summer, I don't think they stand a chance in SA, they are too inexperienced to win a war like you get down there, the likes of Hartley, Corbs, Parling, Robshaw, Morgan, Farell, Sharples and to an extent Tuilagi will all get bullied and won't be able to compete, allbeit for differing reasons.

Let's discuss after the tour eh? I seem to remember you saying we didn"t have a prayer against France, Wales, Ireland etc before the 6N. I get it, you don't want this England side to be that good as it will and is taking the shine off Wales's achievements - unfortunately we can't all have what we want all of the time.

Last edited by A World Cup and 3 Finals on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:56 am

"Here’s an idea! Bring back separate areas for England Welsh and other nations fans"

surely you dont mean it

however i think we need the bickering thread back up- wouldnt that sort it!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

We need segregation; it’s the only way forward.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

HERSH wrote:We need segregation; it’s the only way forward.

and then 606v2 would die HESHY bar, 92.345276% of posts on here are england v wales banter- 3.45673% are pure England v wales wums.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:02 pm

How about a 606 V2 Offas Dyke thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

HERSH AWCA3F

Why so touchy, because I'm welsh?

I have stated over and over that I like the England team, I have complimented the set up and players regularly, but when I criticise I am a one eyed welsh man? I criticise all sides, even my own, and making things up and pretending I said them is hardly a mature thing to do.

And HERSH stop calling on the mods everytime someone you dislike posts something.

I have said nothing about England that isn't true, or has an element of truth in it. I would love to see England go to SA and take a 3 win victory, I would love this England side to become what everyone is claiming they will, it means a stronger Lions, 6N and can only be good for the game, plus I'll be at the MS next year for an absolute ding dong.

I did think pre tourny that England would be ok with 2 wins, happy with 3, as did everyone else, including Lancaster.

I also said I thought Paris would be too much, Wales have enough to squeak past and Ireland would have something to prove. Things change mid tourny, captains injure, performances exceed expectation etc..

I've given nothing but credit to England (apart from the odd rise).

I'm not sure why me saying SA is too much and they are not ready yet a problem?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:06 pm

Bluesman - stop apologising - you're digging a hole - there's enough sunshine and brightness for everyone - Hersh calling the mods - get over it - he's been modded more times then The Jam. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

I share your outlook blues- much better for me to be aibt pessimistic untill we actually beat a top side with this new set up- no disrespect to Irealand and france but they are not a top side at present!

I wont be surprised if england get a win v SA, however i am not gonna be overly gutted if we dont, and i think its fair for outsiders to say that SA are favourites

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

Whos apologising, I'm right! I just wanted them to actually reply to my points rather than get their bottoms in their hands and throw hissy fits.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

Where are the mods?

Please take action against these Blagards, this had the potential to be a good thread until the Anti English brigade took it over.

England have laid some very strong foundations for the 2015 RWC
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

Apartheid!?

Okay...I suppose we (Ireland) get the shanty towns?

With Ye Olde England on one bright Golden hill

.....and the stunning Welsh passing by on a silver cloud Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

Bluesman, Ruby - I don't think there's anything wrong at all with your posts, you're just stating your opinions - kind of the point of being here really. I might disagree (but probably not as much as you might think) It's just the usual Morg WUM that's raised a few hackles.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm

Well maybe Wales fans could tell how to do it from their winning experiences....oh hang on.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:11 pm

Don't think most level headed fans would have any issue with what you say Blues. It's all good!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

Oakey

Finally a voice of reason.

With regards to the list I mentioned, I think a lot of these players are either too early in their development, Farrell, Corbs, Sharples etc, or just arent high enough quality, Hartley Robshaw.

How do you think Tuilagi will travel also, best behaviour, bottled up, nervous?

Also with the lack of old heads, would this England team be able to come back from behind, if SA score early have they the mental steel to get back into it?

I think all these lessons have to be earnt, and so far IMO they were given the wins V ireland and France rather than having to really earn them, I'm not sure the players learnt much from those games.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

Think it maybe a problem for the players highlighted, but don't see it for the others. My main concern about Tuilagi is his discipline. The SA's might well target his temperament, and he has been known to respond badly.

I think we might just get a win out there, but probably just the one, and quite likely the last one at that.

Last edited by nobbled on Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

however blues when it came to france we had the argument about you thinking england beating them would be as big of an upset as italy beating them last year- i said that was ludicrous as england were on the up and france have shown nothing to suggest they are better than england. It might be best if you dont continually dig holes for yourself!!

maybe better to put things slightly differently- rather than going so ott that the other team v england are massive favourites, when that will never be the case(bar NZ i would suspect)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

"and so far IMO they were given the wins V ireland and France rather than having to really earn them, I'm not sure the players learnt much from those games."

How offensive and arrogant is that!

Mind you IMO France did gift Wales the slam, as they couldn't bare the thought of England having a shot at the Championship.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

England are looking good at the moment but the main reason in my opinion is Stuart Lancaster. A propper qualified coach, excellent organiser, a disciplinarian, zero ego, zero baggage getting good results with the vast resources available to him. Surely he's a shoe in for the job.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Blues.
Agree with you to a certain extent with Ireland. I think they earned the win, but will have learned little from such a one faceted game.
I think they will have learned plenty more from the France game. Like how to hold your breathe when the opposition are gearing up for three vital points in the dying seconds of a game...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Disagree Oakey,

If you remember I called the Italian win before it happened. With 2 famous wins over French clubs and the style in which France were playing, losing to Italy in Italy wasn't that much of a shock, unless you take history blah blah blah which realistically means little.

Therefore for me England beating France in France was much more of a shock, and pre tourny the odds weren't much different. There was no hole dug, and I maintain my stance!

Nobbled

I think the SA back row will want to work him over a bit, especially at the breakdown, and with him loving contact they might just get their chance.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

I think Tuilagi will be fine in SA - I just can't see him jumping ship before such a tour thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

Blues.
Agreed - the boy needs to pass one now and again. Actually a shoeing from the SA back row might be just the incentive he needs to get the ball out wide for a change!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

Sub

I think it'll be a crime if he doesn't get the job. I think the most important aspect is his honesty and his lack of baggage.

The media will really have to work for stories!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think Tuilagi will be fine in SA - I just can't see him jumping ship before such a tour thumbsup

laughing clap Ouch! raspberry
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Disagree Oakey,

If you remember I called the Italian win before it happened. With 2 famous wins over French clubs and the style in which France were playing, losing to Italy in Italy wasn't that much of a shock, unless you take history blah blah blah which realistically means little.

Therefore for me England beating France in France was much more of a shock, and pre tourny the odds weren't much different. There was no hole dug, and I maintain my stance!

Nobbled

I think the SA back row will want to work him over a bit, especially at the breakdown, and with him loving contact they might just get their chance.

the pre tourny odds were miles different blues, also and more importantly the odds before the game were different by the power of 10- i remeber italy being over 20/1!!!! england only just over 2/1

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:25 pm

nobbled

you might just be right there. Maybe 3 tests of really taking the 'shots' from the SA back row will give him incentive use players around him more, but i'm just not sure if he's capable of that. I know most people here think he'll be a superstar, but I just don't get the impression he is developing his game at all.
Lets hope i'm wrong but for me right now he's a little like Phillips, a decent wea[pon to have but just not a good player for his position.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

Well my money on Italy were 14-1, of which I had a 10 on, but from what I remember pre tourny England were 11-1 to beat France, huge odds against, I think they went into the game at 2-1 though.

Like I said from what I remember, mostly because I nearly put my money on them.

But anyway we're off topic...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:Apartheid!?

Okay...I suppose we (Ireland) get the shanty towns?

With Ye Olde England on one bright Golden hill

.....and the stunning Welsh passing by on a silver cloud Wink

Strictly speaking, we get the shanty towns as well, and then rent them out to you guys

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by A World Cup and 3 Finals Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

bluesman, I'm genuinely happy that you are not so optimistic about England's chances in SA. It's a good omen I reckon thumbsup

A World Cup and 3 Finals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next