The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Future Ahead for England!

+14
HERSH
thebluesmancometh
Effervescing Elephant
A World Cup and 3 Finals
nobbled
Geordie
mystiroakey
RubyGuby
maestegmafia
BigTrevsbigmac
Morgannwg
glamorganalun
dogtooth
Duty281
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bright Future Ahead for England! - Page 2 Empty Bright Future Ahead for England!

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

So after the disastrous showing of the World Cup and MJ resigning, England went into the Six Nations without a prayer. They're new caretaker coach was Saxons boss Stuart Lancaster and England were widely predicted to come 4th or even 5th.

In the rain of Murrayfield, England squeaked through, in the snow of Rome, England squeaked through. Their next opponents, Wales were predicted to beat them soundly. It didn't turn out that way, yes Wales beat them but only after a mighty struggle. In fact, the English game was probably the toughest they played. Next it was the French in Paris, the team that dumped England out of the World Cup. Pre-game expectations were again thrown in the bin as England ran in three tries to triumph 24-22. To round off, England hammered Ireland 30-9 at Twickenham, scoring two tries and destroying the Irish scrum in the process.

Many players look to have a bright future ahead of them for England. Players like Cole, Farrell, Barritt, Tuilagi, Morgan, Parling, Youngs, Corbisiero and, of course, Robshaw.

Lancaster will surely keep his job and when he does he will look forward to three tests against South Africa in South Africa in June. Then it's the four autumn internationals against Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Lancaster should target a minimum of 1 victory over South Africa in June because going there will be a real tough test for a young side, and probably victories over Fiji and Australia in the autumn. Achieving this will allow Lancaster to look ahead to complete what he nearly achieved in 2012 which is a Grand Slam in 2013, 10 years after the last one.

The future's bright, the future's English. rose

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Bright Future Ahead for England! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bright Future Ahead for England!

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm

point is blue we were talking pre game not pre tourny, and the diff was massive i remeber the italy game being over 20 pts on betfair.

Although i agree that pre tourny the odds would have been closer- i cant believe how england were 11/1 -an england gs odds were the same as that!!!!- therefore i would guess englands odds would have been 3.5/1 - 4/1 (there hardest game) pre tourny

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Bright Future Ahead for England! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bright Future Ahead for England!

Post by Submachine Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Apartheid!?

Okay...I suppose we (Ireland) get the shanty towns?

With Ye Olde England on one bright Golden hill

.....and the stunning Welsh passing by on a silver cloud Wink

Strictly speaking, we get the shanty towns as well, and then rent them out to you guys

Rent? I could live with that. Wipe out my negative equity in one swoop. Shanty towns are made of plywood and corrugated iron aren't they? My house is made of Pyrite. This deal just gets better and better. Oi landlord, I need a new sofa.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Submachine wrote:
damngoodOvalball wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Apartheid!?

Okay...I suppose we (Ireland) get the shanty towns?

With Ye Olde England on one bright Golden hill

.....and the stunning Welsh passing by on a silver cloud Wink

Strictly speaking, we get the shanty towns as well, and then rent them out to you guys

Rent? I could live with that. Wipe out my negative equity in one swoop. Shanty towns are made of plywood and corrugated iron aren't they? My house is made of Pyrite. This deal just gets better and better. Oi landlord, I need a new sofa.

Haha. Think they're made of peat but I wouldn't know, I've never visited most of the land in my portfolio!

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:46 pm

What does this post have to do with Wales? Some of you have turned into the England fans you apparently hate.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

With Freddie and Billy Burns alonside young Brightwell the future certainly looks bright for England thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2