The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record?

3 posters

Go down

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record?

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Vote_lcap14%Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Vote_lcap86%Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Empty Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record?

Post by lsabre Tue 29 Mar 2011, 10:32 pm

Jeremy Warriner, the 2004 Olympic champion, has set out on the long journey to Daegu buoyant and brimming with confidence as he has shrugged off his long-term injury woes. So much that he's gone as far as declaring himself ready to revive his challenge on his mentor's, great Michael Johnson, world record of 43.18 secs over the distance, set at the World Championships in Seville right before the turn of the millenium. To offer an early boost to his claim he got off to his fastest ever starter over 200m in 20.71 secs the previous weekend, despite enduring a poor first 30m out of his blocks. Yet, he was pleased with the way he picked up into the race to finish strong. So what do you think? Has the great American regained his very best form to pull this feat off? Apparently, there are only two options open....

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Empty Re: Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record?

Post by davidl1061 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 8:17 pm

I think before he got so many injuries then there was a possibiltiy, now I just cant see it. The injuries will have taken a toll on his body

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record? Empty Re: Can Warriner claim Michael Johnson's 400m world record?

Post by ALPanorak Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:34 pm

I would like to think he could but the injuries and the change of coach appeared to have really stumped his rapid progress since 2008. However, that 200m time is a good indication that he's in good shape, its just a pity he won't have Merritt around to push him

ALPanorak

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:59 pm

So far, I seem to be the only one to feel confident about Jeremy's chances!! *chuckle*

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down