The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Audley think we are all thick????

+7
88Chris05
EdWoodjr
Rowley
KingMonkey
Union Cane
Super D Boon
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Does Audley think we are all thick???? Empty Does Audley think we are all thick????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:41 pm

I don't mind people under-achieving...I don't mind people telling the World how great they are....I don't mind Man utd fans sometimes!!!

What I do mind is somebody who's spent his career boasting and then getting squashed off garbage fighters!!!

I also mind somebody earning huge money and then falling down without throwing a shot!!..Screwing fans who gave up hard earned money to watch on the way!!

However what I mind most of all is someone who is obviously not stupid taking the mick out of fans like me for the umpteenth time by saying he's coming back as If none of the above has ever happened..and he's still someone of interest!!

If anybody ever complains to me about Khan being the most ignorant Boxer in the sport today...I think I'll cry...

Get it Audley....get it...you're not wanted...not needed and you won't be missed..

Stop mugging off genuine fans...we know what you're all about Son....and we are brighter than you think..

Phew!!!! I enjoyed that!!

This guy must surely think we are all thick!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Does Audley think we are all thick???? Empty Re: Does Audley think we are all thick????

Post by Super D Boon Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

Post it on Audley's site. He should get this strongly worded message directly. You tell him!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Does Audley think we are all thick???? Empty Re: Does Audley think we are all thick????

Post by Union Cane Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:49 pm

Audley doesn't think people are thick, he knows they are. As you say, he is not stupid, he knows how to put himself across in the media, and he knows that people will think "Oh yes, Audley, he was on the dancing" and will take an interest in him and he will become popular with the general public.

A couple of wins against the like of Amy Adams or whoever he is fighting next and he'll be right up there, being touted as the respectable face of British boxing after all the Haye / Chisora nonsense.

He's an astute businessman, and good luck to him.

I'd like to see him in with Tyson Fury myself, but he's probably a bit dangerous for Tyson, who has bigger fish to fry of course.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 26 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

*sigh*

What has he done now?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

Union is bang on the money, if there is one thing Audley is not it is thick, this is a guy who has consistently failed to deliver over a ten year career who has turned in some of the most inept performances you could ever hope to see but still managed to crack half a million PPV buys, despite not having a snowball in hells chance of winning the fight, if on the back of so many disappointments people were still willing to shell out for the Haye fight why should he think we cannot be fooled again.

Audley can talk a good fight and sell himself in a way few ever could imagine, he will bowl over a couple of tomato cans and if he does that you can bet your bottom dollar he will be back in a relatively big fight, be it Chisora coming back from a ban, Fury on terrestrial or heaven forbid a Klitschko, if Mormeck can get a shot don't rule it out.

It shouldn't be like this but the very fact we are still writing threads on him and discussing him when we should have all washed our hands of him years ago suggests he knows what he is doing when it comes to the media, just a damned shame he wasn't as savvy inside the ring.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:09 pm

Audley (and Haye) killed ppv boxing for me. With all the streaming options available I'm not sure I'll ever buy PPV again.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Mon 26 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

Smokin' Bert Cooper, at 46, is on the comeback trail. Perhaps Bert and The Fraudster could get it on.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

EdWoodjr wrote:Smokin' Bert Cooper, at 46, is on the comeback trail. Perhaps Bert and The Fraudster could get it on.

The scary thing is, the washed up remains of Cooper, even at forty-six, would most likely knock ten bells out of Audley.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
EdWoodjr wrote:Smokin' Bert Cooper, at 46, is on the comeback trail. Perhaps Bert and The Fraudster could get it on.

The scary thing is, the washed up remains of Cooper, even at forty-six, would most likely knock ten bells out of Audley.

Which actually makes it a mouthwatering fight in today's Heavyweight scene... laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I'd love to see Danny Williams vs Audley Harrison on Sky PPV and see how he sold that fight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:40 pm

I suspect it would break records JM, he sold half a million against Haye, at least a Williams fight has the potential to be competitive.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:42 pm

Did the BBoBC actually withhold any of his purse for that in the end?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

No doubt they'd build up Danny Williams to the extent that you'd think he'd beaten Mike Tyson or something...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:46 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Did the BBoBC actually withhold any of his purse for that in the end?

No they talked about it but didn't in the end, I personally agreed with them not doing, you can't really punish a guy for being overmatched, they should have fined themselves for sanctioning the fight in the first place, and ultimately whilst the amount he earned stuck in the craw he was certainly no worse than Bobby Gunn or many others who have contested world titles on these shores, he just got more money.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

I agree he was overmatched, I also agree they shouldn't have withheld his purse considering he worked so damn hard to earn it - its just weird that you can show up, throw a punch and that be that. I could have done what he did. I don't assume for one second I'd last a round, but it'd be more entertaining watching a mid-twenties middleweight getting spanked around by the HW champion than seeing a gun shy salesman lumber around the ring for 3 rounds to ultimately get stuffed.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 26 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:but it'd be more entertaining watching a mid-twenties middleweight getting spanked around by the HW champion

I actually think that Greb, Flowers or Walker could all give David Haye a decent fight.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 4:16 pm

I think Greb would spark him out.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 26 Mar 2012, 6:45 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I think Greb would spark him out.

Leave it Az. Please.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 26 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

Audley has name recognition and is a hell of a salesman. 2 mediocre fights and the megaphone will come out demanding a fight with K2. Yes he can!

Did Greb exist?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down