The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring"

+9
HumanWindmill
Daz
tommyhearns
Michaels, Sean
TRUSSMAN66
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
fearlessBamber
D4thincarnation
13 posters

Go down

Which comment was worst?

"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Vote_lcap63%"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Vote_lcap37%"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 19

"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Empty "Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring"

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:04 am

Thats what Hopkins has said in his war of words with Pascal.

Yesterday Pascal accused Hopkins of using PEDs and wanted him to be blood tested. He was rightfully criticised by the board for making those unfounded accusations.

But now with Hopkins latest outburst, has he crossed the line even more. IMO yes. furious

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-surprised-if-pascal-dies-ring--37578

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Empty Re: "Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring"

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:08 am

Ah, perhaps Bernard is metaphorically referring to Pascal's career.

Back to top Go down

"Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring" Empty Re: "Don't be Surprised if Pascal dies in the Ring"

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:09 am

I like Bernard, but he displays less poise than my two year old a lot of the time.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:09 am

DAVE667 wrote:Ah, perhaps Bernard is metaphorically referring to Pascal's career.
How do you get so worked up about Khan's comments but gloss over this?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:10 am

Hopkins is an all time great, Khan isn't

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:10 am

DAVE667 wrote:Ah, perhaps Bernard is metaphorically referring to Pascal's career.

When a guy says I'm eating some kind of candy, that makes me angry. Don't be surprised if he dies in the ring on May 21. Don't be surprised if I kill him. That's how angry I am," Hopkins said.

And perhaps not.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:12 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Hopkins is an all time great, Khan isn't
Irrelevant. So once you are a great you can say what you want?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

Hoppo has a habit of speaking before thinking.....

Unwise words for sure but not as bad as the racial thing with Calzaghe...

Hoppo is Hoppo has alot of class in the ring but little outside it...

Should have been a rap artist.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:13 am

Scottrf wrote:

Saying you the best fighter: Bad

Saying you it's likely you will kill another fighter and he could die in the ring: OK

Some strange standards.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

Scottrf wrote:
How can you fail to see that I'm being sarcastic...and how do you know I'm getting worked up over Khan's comments?

Besides, Scotty boy, there comes a point when a fighter's comments are so outlandish, they really do have to be taken with a pinch of salt or ignored because they're so stupid. Haye's "gang rape" comment falls into that catagory.

Both Pascal and Hopkins are saying some pretty stupid things so I'm happy to ignore both of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

Don't even bother starting accussing others of strange standards

Hopkins is none to be a loud mouth its hardly unexpected when he says something like this whereas Khan started speaking out of turn before he'd even achieved something

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:17 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
How can you fail to see that I'm being sarcastic...and how do you know I'm getting worked up over Khan's comments?

Besides, Scotty boy, there comes a point when a fighter's comments are so outlandish, they really do have to be taken with a pinch of salt or ignored because they're so stupid. Haye's "gang rape" comment falls into that catagory.

Both Pascal and Hopkins are saying some pretty stupid things so I'm happy to ignore both of them

It builds for a good fight though Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:19 am

The Mighty Atom wrote:Don't even bother starting accussing others of strange standards

Hopkins is none to be a loud mouth its hardly unexpected when he says something like this whereas Khan started speaking out of turn before he'd even achieved something

Are you suggesting Khan should know his place?
Why do you have that view about Khan?

And if you disagree with what Khan say, he has a history of saying stupid things.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:20 am

Khan gets unfair stick for some fairly tame comments, and the sort of bigging himself up that all fighters do. It's not like he's been proven unwilling to fight decent guys to back up his claims. Maybe not worked up but if they were worthy of mention, so would every interview of a boxer be. The quote people seem to be most annoyed about is one which is the BBC's interpretation rather than a quote.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:27 am

Scottrf wrote:Khan gets unfair stick for some fairly tame comments, and the sort of bigging himself up that all fighters do. It's not like he's been proven unwilling to fight decent guys to back up his claims. Maybe not worked up but if they were worthy of mention, so would every interview of a boxer be. The quote people seem to be most annoyed about is one which is the BBC's interpretation rather than a quote.

Fair enough Scott but isn't Khan condradicting himself with this comment

"He'll be coming into the fight unbeaten and he's a European champion, but he's not ready for this level, it's too big a step."

If it's too big a step for McClosky, he mustn't be world class so how does Khan beating him cement his place as #1?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:34 am

Yeah fully agree but a lot of belt holders would probably tell you the same even when another of the champs is a lot more dominant. It's hardly a massive exaggeration, and depends if you are looking at who should be ranked higher (achievements) or who is best (ability, H2H etc).

Bradley's without a doubt for me should be #1; before the Alexander and Maidana fights I'd have said the same, and that only sealed it. But best? I'd favour Khan in any H2H except perhaps a Maidana rematch.

Just saying, there are far worse comments but anything Khan says gets jumped on. He gets slated for having ambitious plans and for being confident. Some of his comments are cringeworthy, but all in all, he works hard and is putting together some good wins.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 11:41 am

I agree he's working hard and whilst the Maidana fight showed he still has work to do, it showed he has the guts to tough it out. McCloskey is a marking time fight for Khan whilst Bradley becomes available and whilst he's decent enough, there's no way Khan's team would accept the fight if there was a serious danger of Khan losing. There's too much at stake in the near future.

So no, his comments aren't the worst he's come out with, but only the daft, dumb or blind would think this fight cements Khan's place at the top of the LWW tree.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 30 Mar 2011, 12:02 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Hopkins is an all time great, Khan isn't

Hopkins has a chip on his shoulder. He's never got over being violated by Billy Ray Sryis look a like during his incarceration.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Wed 30 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

bhop looks silly with his gimp masks and rants about executions blah blah,he hasnt scored a ko since lil oscar went over in 04 Whistle pascal to retire him for good Yahoo

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I agree he's working hard and whilst the Maidana fight showed he still has work to do, it showed he has the guts to tough it out. McCloskey is a marking time fight for Khan whilst Bradley becomes available and whilst he's decent enough, there's no way Khan's team would accept the fight if there was a serious danger of Khan losing. There's too much at stake in the near future.

So no, his comments aren't the worst he's come out with, but only the daft, dumb or blind would think this fight cements Khan's place at the top of the LWW tree.

I dont agree - Roach was happy to to put Khan in with Maidana which was a pick em fight and Khan could have easily lost that.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

Dazstarr wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I agree he's working hard and whilst the Maidana fight showed he still has work to do, it showed he has the guts to tough it out. McCloskey is a marking time fight for Khan whilst Bradley becomes available and whilst he's decent enough, there's no way Khan's team would accept the fight if there was a serious danger of Khan losing. There's too much at stake in the near future.

I dont agree - Roach was happy to to put Khan in with Maidana which was a pick em fight and Khan could have easily lost that.
Not sure he was HAPPY about it, I think they knew that they had to take Maidana in order to sell Khan across the pond!

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:24 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

Not sure he was HAPPY about it, I think they knew that they had to take Maidana in order to sell Khan across the pond!

Thats why he called him out after the Malignaggi then was it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

i don't put too much store in that...after all,,the lad also claimed he was ready to face Floyd Mayweather

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:30 pm

"Not sure he was HAPPY about it, I think they knew that they had to take Maidana in order to sell Khan across the pond!"

Come on Dave! He took the fight, give us an amazing spectacle and won it.

There is no reports anywhere of him not being happy about taking the fight.

You are being a big fat stirrer!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

i don't put too much store in that...after all,,the lad also claimed he was ready to face Floyd Mayweather

No he didn't he said he would be ready to face Floyd in a years time but first he has to clean up the light-welter division and after beating Bradley he will be ready for Floyd for early next year.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:33 pm

Err...less of the BIG if you don't mind!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:35 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

No he didn't he said he would be ready to face Floyd in a years time but first he has to clean up the light-welter division and after beating Bradley he will be ready for Floyd for early next year.

If reports from Peddy Roach's camp are anything to go by he's ready for Manny now. Apparently it was a bit of a woofin' - to use your words about the Spadafora / Floyd session - when Amir outboxed Manny.

Would love to have seen it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Err...less of the BIG if you don't mind!!!!!

Whistle

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

If reports from Peddy Roach's camp are anything to go by he's ready for Manny now. Apparently it was a bit of a woofin' - to use your words about the Spadafora / Floyd session - when Amir outboxed Manny.

Would love to have seen it.
Well, what little I saw involved Amir over-reaching/lunging in and getting tagged with uppercuts from Manny...yep, he's ready!

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:44 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Well, what little I saw involved Amir over-reaching/lunging in and getting tagged with uppercuts from Manny...yep, he's ready!

Sorry, mate. I was in a parallel universe for a millennium or two.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:48 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Well, what little I saw involved Amir over-reaching/lunging in and getting tagged with uppercuts from Manny...yep, he's ready!

Sorry, mate. I was in a parallel universe for a millennium or two.
It's all part of Freddie's big plan...he's lulling Manny into a false sense of security by getting Manny to believe that this English lad is a worthy challenger for his title and then, like Rocky switching from orthodox to Southpaw against Clubber, we see a whole different animal and the champ gets "moidered"

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:It's all part of Freddie's big plan...he's lulling Manny into a false sense of security by getting Manny to believe that this English lad is a worthy challenger for his title and then, like Rocky switching from orthodox to Southpaw against Clubber, we see a whole different animal and the champ gets "moidered"

Got it.

Clever chap, our Peddie.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:01 pm

for me. Pascal is getting what he deserves. I always liked his attitude but he has opened a can of worms with Bhop by calling him a cheat. Anyone can see Bhop is past his best and that it is only his ring craft honed over decades that makes him so tough to beat. Pascal would never of dropped him even 5 years ago. So Pascal calling him a cheat and again bringing negative attention to the sport whn i dont think he actually belives Bhop is a cheat but just saying it to get under his skin.

Of course Bhop will respond in kind and amp it up,thats what he does, Tito got his flag thrown on the floor, Calazaghe got il never lose to a white man, Pascal gets this. Pascal is out of his depth when it comes to torment here. Bhop doesnt mean it,lets all be big boys and hope he beats the young un in his back yard.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

sean the guy is a sore loser,he has never given jones,taylor,calzaghe,pascal any kind of credit for their wins whether they close or not,his fights are horrible to watch,no one will get credit for beating his old ass anyways,he;s just as deluded as holyfield in my eyes,if he thinks taking blows at his age is doing him anygood then he;s not as smart as he thinks :run1:

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:31 pm

hey tommy

i agree he can eb a prick, i am with you on that, and also that he is a sore loser and the rjj 2 fight was the worst thing i ever saw. But in betweent hat he has given us some great ring craft over the years and i genuinly enjoyed him watching him scholl pascal from 4-12 rounds

also, being a prick does not make you a PEDcheat, hopkins is hopkins, but pascal is the one churning this up into butter with his cheat comments. why would you start that against bhop knowing what hes like.

bhop will only be champ for one fight if he wins cos dawson would obliterate him with work rate like calzaghe would of done more effectively had bhop not flopped to his knees like a hooker in their fight at every opp

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:32 pm

hey tommy

i agree he can eb a prick, i am with you on that, and also that he is a sore loser and the rjj 2 fight was the worst thing i ever saw. But in betweent hat he has given us some great ring craft over the years and i genuinly enjoyed him watching him scholl pascal from 4-12 rounds

also, being a prick does not make you a PEDcheat, hopkins is hopkins, but pascal is the one churning this up into butter with his cheat comments. why would you start that against bhop knowing what hes like.

bhop will only be champ for one fight if he wins cos dawson would obliterate him with work rate like calzaghe would of done more effectively had bhop not flopped to his knees like a hooker in their fight at every opp

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:33 pm

You can say that again Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:34 pm

hey tommy

i agree he can be a p***k, i am with you on that, and also that he is a sore loser and the rjj 2 fight was the worst thing i ever saw. But in between that he has given us some great ring craft over the years and i genuinly enjoyed him watching him scholl pascal from 4-12 rounds

also, being a P***K does not make you a PED cheat, hopkins is hopkins, but pascal is the one churning this up into butter with his cheat comments. why would you start that against bhop knowing what hes like.

bhop will only be champ for one fight if he wins cos dawson would obliterate him with work rate like calzaghe would of done more effectively had bhop not flopped to his knees like a h**ker in their fight at every opp

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:35 pm

h

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:36 pm

Good man...if only D4 would heed our instructions to go away in short jerky movements as easily

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

The thing with Hopkins comments are that they only cast Hopkins in a badlight. Pascal's comments give the sport of boxing a black eye.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:The thing with Hopkins comments are that they only cast Hopkins in a badlight. Pascal's comments give the sport of boxing a black eye.

excactly. Pascal should let his fists do the talking as they say

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:You can say that again Sean

haha, blooming thing didnt look like it was posting, im not as passionate about my comment as my 3 posts seem Dave

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:46 pm

i hope dawson had a off nite when he lost to pascal as his workrate was bad that nite furious hopkins didnt want any part of him before he lost to pascal,i dont care if either pascal or dawson finishes him,just dont like the guy furious

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 30 Mar 2011, 4:54 pm

i feel you rage tommy haha. popkins could lose against pascal thats for sure

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 31 Mar 2011, 4:25 pm

To be honest with you, I don't think B-Hop will "Kill him" however I do feel that he could take him next time around, it was a close hard fight last time, but i think B-Hop has this one this time, hes just such a great competitor. Don't really like B-Hop's attitude but he gets people talking I guess, if you wanna make money in Boxing, you've gotta do that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Thu 31 Mar 2011, 7:44 pm

Can I vote for both? If Hopkins felt the need to respond to allegations of cheating, this wasn't the best way of doing it. But, one can see how Pascal's comments may have riled him up, Pascal digging a bit of a hole for himself there.

Threatening to skill an opponent shouldn't be a part of boxing. David Haye was rightly criticised for knocking the heads of the plasterboard Klitschko's. They are both as bad as each other.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down