The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora appeals

+8
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
manos de piedra
huw
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
milkyboy
paperbag_puncher
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Go down

Chisora appeals Empty Chisora appeals

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:39 am

So Del Boy and Frank are appealing the recent decision to strip Chisora of his licence.

Spoiler:

Warren is saying that they are not happy with the way the hearing went. He is also saying that a Haye v Chisora fight is a "natural" and bigger than either of them fighting a Klitschko. Is this just the usual Warren hyperbole or does he have a point? If Del Boy gets his licence back, would anyone want to see a Haye V Chisora fight and would Haye even bother coming out of retirement for it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Chisora appeals Empty Re: Chisora appeals

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:49 am

It's not one I'd get overly excited about but I'd still like to see it even for the pre-fight antics alone. Everyone loves a grudge match.

Cant see the Klits going near Chisora again and it would be a more exciting fight than Haye Vs Vitali so why not. Both have shown in their fights against the Klits that they can take a decent shot so I'd go for Haye on points. Just too quick and slick for Del Boy me thinks. Would there be enough money in it to lure Haye out of retirement, I don't know.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:53 am

chisora is clearly a bit dingbats, but frankly i think his team have a point. What's fit and proper? What's worse, some handbags at a press conference or wife beating, drug dealing rapists etc. Pretty hypocritical in my book, just because it made the news. Don't get me wrong, I understand they felt they had to be seen to do something, and i don't have too much sympathy with chisora for how he acted. But the sport we love is legalised violence, the partcipants can't all be Alexis Arguello.

... and Frank is clearly a believer that there's no such thing as bad pr

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 29 Mar 2012, 8:57 am

I think its a pretty even match up between Haye and Chisora. Haye hasn't proved a think at Heavyweight other than he can run faster. He doesn't have the power he had at cruiser.

Chisora has showed he can take some great shots and isn't afraid to stand and trade. He has proved his chin at the highest level. Haye hasn't, he runs away and throws the odd shot to try and steal rounds.

Chisora's losses against Helienius and Vitali are better than any of Hayes WINS at Heavy.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:06 am

I think it shows how much Haye has gone down in my estimation as I would actually say this is a tough fight for him.

Chisora (Vitali) would win but Chisora (Fury) would lose.

Could see Haye coming out of retirement if the money was there.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:18 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I think its a pretty even match up between Haye and Chisora. Haye hasn't proved a think at Heavyweight other than he can run faster. He doesn't have the power he had at cruiser.

Chisora has showed he can take some great shots and isn't afraid to stand and trade. He has proved his chin at the highest level. Haye hasn't, he runs away and throws the odd shot to try and steal rounds.

Chisora's losses against Helienius and Vitali are better than any of Hayes WINS at Heavy.

Boxing's not all about standing and trading though is it? Can understand Haye doing his best not to be hit by Wlad and in fairness to him he did take a couple of big shots.. Chisora was well up for the Vitali fight and can see him being just as motivated for this one but still think Hayes skills will see him through.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

Id like to see a Haye/Chisora fight but I think Haye wins it handily enough.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:52 am

Seems strange you all see Haye as having a tough time. Vitali didn't stand and trade and just because against much bigger, taller guys Haye employed different tactics doesn't mean he's not the same Hayemaker that cut through the cruiserweights.

I see him blasting Chisora out of there in 3 or 4. He's too fast and hits like a train. You don't wobble Valuev with a weak punch. That punch was akin to the one that sent Williams to the floor against Martinez.

I don't even like or rate Haye, I think the Kbros still win all day but styles make fights, and Chisora was made for Haye.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 29 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Seems strange you all see Haye as having a tough time.

Think it was split evenly between people thinking he'd have a tough time and those thinking Haye would win handily enough.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:24 am

Only Manos sees it as an easy victory mate, everyone else assumes it'd be tough or a points decision - Chisora isn't better than Ruiz, and Haye beat him inside the distance.

Just can't see anything Chisora has that would make this go the distance.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

Probably a chin and some youth. Probably wont win but Haye doesnt hit too hard at heavyweight. Anyone who gets outjabbed by John Ruiz isnt exactly the best technical boxer. If Chisora walks through Haye it could be a tough night. I'm inclined to believe that he will.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:37 am

Hayes punches.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:39 am

dont see what chisora has done to deserve a shot at haye ? his lost his last 3 fights ! and one of them was to fury Shocked , haye has lost one fight against the no 1 heavy on points , before the wlad fight he was held in high regard as a boxer all around the world and a fight with chisora was unthinkable , whats changed ? i would like to see this fight but cant imagine haye droping to domestic level with chisora , i just hope if it does happen they get on with it and not spend months argueing over money ! prediction is haye ko inside six , like ruiz chisora has hart and a great chin but haye is a different level when it comes to skill and speed ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

rycoys wrote:his lost his last 3 fights !

Nonsense! Check your facts, don't believe everything that David Haye tells you!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:44 am

heleinus , fury , vitali thats , hang on , erm ! yes i think that makes 3 !!!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:48 am

Union Cane wrote:
rycoys wrote:his lost his last 3 fights !

Nonsense! Check your facts, don't believe everything that David Haye tells you!

Be fair, Union. It is a fact he has lost his last three fights, no matter if he was robbed against Helenius

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:50 am

It does make three, yes, but those are not his last three opponents.

I refer you to my previous comment.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

How has everybody forgotten Remigijus Ziausys?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

Union Cane wrote:It does make three, yes, but those are not his last three opponents.

Apologies to Union. Remigijus Ziausys in between Fury and Helenius. You are right. I should never have doubted you!! Mind you, given the record of Remigijus Ziausys and his weight at 204 lbs, I can be forgiven for over looking him I hope!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

Union Cane wrote:It does make three, yes, but those are not his last three opponents.

a 6 rounder pointswin against someone from lithuania in halifax !! how random ! cant belive he got a tittle shot ! to me its just another reason why he doesnt desrve a shot at haye , haye been attracting 10,000s to his previous fights and generates loads of money , what does chisora bring ?

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm

rycoys wrote: a 6 rounder pointswin against someone from lithuania in halifax !! how random ! cant belive he got a tittle shot ! to me its just another reason why he doesnt desrve a shot at haye , haye been attracting 10,000s to his previous fights and generates loads of money , what does chisora bring ?

Apology accepted.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

rycoys wrote:

a 6 rounder pointswin against someone from lithuania in halifax !! how random ! cant belive he got a tittle shot ! to me its just another reason why he doesnt desrve a shot at haye , haye been attracting 10,000s to his previous fights and generates loads of money , what does chisora bring ?

How did haye deserve a shot at wlad? By gobbing off. Chisora = grudge match.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:10 pm

Union Cane wrote:
rycoys wrote: a 6 rounder pointswin against someone from lithuania in halifax !! how random ! cant belive he got a tittle shot ! to me its just another reason why he doesnt desrve a shot at haye , haye been attracting 10,000s to his previous fights and generates loads of money , what does chisora bring ?

Apology accepted.

i did nt apologise ! , i cant belive i did nt hear about that big clash in halifax ! , and ive changed my views now i know that , its changed the whole chisora haye debate !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 29 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rycoys wrote:

How did haye deserve a shot at wlad? By gobbing off. Chisora = grudge match.
he was wba champ , dont matter how he got there ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 29 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:So Del Boy and Frank are appealing the recent decision to strip Chisora of his licence.

Spoiler:

Warren is saying that they are not happy with the way the hearing went. He is also saying that a Haye v Chisora fight is a "natural" and bigger than either of them fighting a Klitschko. Is this just the usual Warren hyperbole or does he have a point? If Del Boy gets his licence back, would anyone want to see a Haye V Chisora fight and would Haye even bother coming out of retirement for it?

I don't think Chisora deserved to have his career screwed, he should have had a big fine, and maybe a suspended ban..

As for Haye VS Chisora, I think it would be a good fight, and I think Chisora would give Haye a harder time than some think. He can take a punch and has more natural weight than Haye does... If Haye did not take him out quick he would be in for a tough night.

Wont happen though as Haye has shown no signs, then again if it did look to make alot of cash then maybe he will, although I think he got his pay day in the WK fight and now just wants to fight VK for a bit of pride, thats all.

I don't think he would risk getting beat by Chisora, with not a great deal of reward, other than maybe a bit more money.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Fri 30 Mar 2012, 2:23 am

tunes666 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:So Del Boy and Frank are appealing the recent decision to strip Chisora of his licence.

Spoiler:

I don't think Chisora deserved to have his career screwed, he should have had a big fine, and maybe a suspended ban..

As for Haye VS Chisora, I think it would be a good fight, and I think Chisora would give Haye a harder time than some think. He can take a punch and has more natural weight than Haye does... If Haye did not take him out quick he would be in for a tough night.

Wont happen though as Haye has shown no signs, then again if it did look to make alot of cash then maybe he will, although I think he got his pay day in the WK fight and now just wants to fight VK for a bit of pride, thats all.

I don't think he would risk getting beat by Chisora, with not a great deal of reward, other than maybe a bit more money.

haye has alot to lose and chisora has alot to gain if the fight happens

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 30 Mar 2012, 6:14 am

Im not really sure why Haye has so much to lose and little to gain fighting Chisora. The fight would probably be about as financially lucrative a fight out there outside of the Klitschkos for him. And far more winable.

The guy is in retirement without any title or any ppv backing these days. I dont really buy that only the two Klitschkos are worthy of sharing the ring with him.

I cant see a Chisora/Haye fight happening though mainly because the BBBC will not want to be seen as allowing the pair to profit financially from the whole episode.

I think Chisora has become a little overrated these days though. A fight between the pair might not be a walkover but Haye would surely have to start as a decent favourite.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down