The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday???

+11
TwisT
Buzzman
MIG
Fernando
Liam
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Beer
uberkiwi
bretmeharty
Mr H
Clunge4life
15 posters

Go down

How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday??? Empty How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday???

Post by Clunge4life Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:30 pm

So,

First of all I find it hard to get what i’m thinking across in print unlike a few posters on here so apologies for the vagueness.

How does everyone think this match will finish on Sunday?

I really can’t see either man winning clean. I also don’t think there will be a screwy finish - this match is too big to be ruined like that.

I honestly think the finish is going to be a repeat of Austin/Bret Hart at WM13 – at the end i think Cena will lock on his terrible STF – Rock will just about make the ropes when Cena gets up and pulls him back to the middle of the ring and applies the hold correctly ie it will look absolutely brutal – The Rock passes put – Cena wins – both men come out looking strong - while also setting up a return match at Summerslam nicely.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 – any chance of this happening????????

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday??? Empty Re: How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday???

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Funny you say that because i had the same thought but with the roles reversed. Rock having Cena in a submission move making him pass out. Rock wins but Cena maintains the 'never quit' mantle.

I think you could throw out 5 or 6 believable scenarios for the finish of the match and no one could be 100% sure it wouldnt happen. Thats the beauty of it, its one of the most unpredictable matches in history and no one knows who will win or how it will go down.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday??? Empty Re: How will the Cena/Rock match finish on Sunday???

Post by bretmeharty Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Mr H wrote:Funny you say that because i had the same thought but with the roles reversed. Rock having Cena in a submission move making him pass out. Rock wins but Cena maintains the 'never quit' mantle.

I think you could throw out 5 or 6 believable scenarios for the finish of the match and no one could be 100% sure it wouldnt happen. Thats the beauty of it, its one of the most unpredictable matches in history and no one knows who will win or how it will go down.

Cena will win 1000%, I am certain of that in my mind

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Cena Win
Handshake
Rockbottom

Its just *that* predicable lately.

PLEASE prove me wrong WWE, please!

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Miz interferance - DQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 pm

AntLord wrote:Miz interferance - DQ

That would make as much sense as Papa Shango running out during Sid v Hogan. But if it means The Ultimate Warrior will run in for the save then i'm all for it!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Mr H wrote:

That would make as much sense as Papa Shango running out during Sid v Hogan. But if it means The Ultimate Warrior will run in for the save then i'm all for it!

Why wouldn't it make sense?

Turn the clock back 12 months. Miz v Cena yet all the build up involved the Rock. All the focus was on the Rock and Cena. Main event is remembered for what? Rock hitting Cena with a Rock Bottom and stealing Miz's thunder.

Of all the scenarios, that one is top 3.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm thinking Miz interference too. I know WWE tend to have a short memory but I think Miz having a bad run at the momment is not punishment but preparation for mania.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I guarantee The Miz wont interfere. If he does, i'll never post on this board again.

Miz being buried recently and being blamed for the low buyrate at Survivor Series, you really think he's going to be pushed straight into the biggest match in recent memory?

I very much doubt it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Is anyone taking into account that Mania is in MIAMI this year. That is why I can see Rock winning this match. If Cena wins, and there's a handshake, WWE will lose fans, of that i'm sure. Cena winning at Mania in Rock's hometown after we've waited 7 years for the Rock to return. I really find it hard to believe. I can see Rock winning, a match at Summerslam and then possible a win for Cena at next year's Mania. I just hope Rock wins, I understand the business side of it, not wanting your top star to lose to effectively a part time wrestler, but in my opinion, The Rock's legacy will be tainted if he loses on the grandest stage of them all, in his home town to the worst guy ever to become "The man" of the business. Rock deserves to win, beat Austin at Mania, beat Hogan at Mania and deserves to add Cena to that list and to ensure that he is, as he put it, "The greatest superstar of all time".

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Mr H wrote:I guarantee The Miz wont interfere. If he does, i'll never post on this board again.

Miz being buried recently and being blamed for the low buyrate at Survivor Series, you really think he's going to be pushed straight into the biggest match in recent memory?

I very much doubt it.

I sincerely hope you stick to that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm

I cant see this match having any interference, not after the build up between them. Its one of the biggest matches in Mania history, it has to be nothing other than a clean win otherwise it will talked about for all the wrong reasons (like Miz v Cena last yr). I could be wrong, but tis just my humble opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

AntLord wrote:
Mr H wrote:I guarantee The Miz wont interfere. If he does, i'll never post on this board again.

I very much doubt it.

I sincerely hope you stick to that

Laugh the banter

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 pm

AntLord is my biggest fan. He'd miss me if i wasnt here.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Mr H wrote:AntLord is my biggest fan. He'd miss me if i wasnt here.

Whatever youth boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:00 pm

AntLord wrote:
Mr H wrote:AntLord is my biggest fan. He'd miss me if i wasnt here.

Whatever youth boxing

Bit ironic coming from a man who's actually younger then Mr H Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 pm

He just hangs on my coat tails to try and make a name for himself!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:14 pm

Mr H wrote:He just hangs on my coat tails to try and make a name for himself!

You are the one that always comments on my posts, so I don't think that works

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Is that not the point of the forum? To comment on posts? Sorry that you cant handle negative feedback.

Last edited by Mr H on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Mr H wrote:Is that not the point of the forum? To comment on posts? Sorry that you can handle negative feedback.

No need to apolgise twhen you contradict yourself in a post laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:18 pm

You've lost me.

And learn to spell.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Ah the irony! lol

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Mr H wrote:You've lost me.

And learn to spell.

It didn't take much did it boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Clearly not. Which obviously makes you a much better person than me so i bow to your superiority.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm

King Beer wrote:
Mr H wrote:

Why wouldn't it make sense?

Turn the clock back 12 months. Miz v Cena yet all the build up involved the Rock. All the focus was on the Rock and Cena. Main event is remembered for what? Rock hitting Cena with a Rock Bottom and stealing Miz's thunder.

Of all the scenarios, that one is top 3.

The WWE will not ruin one of the biggest matches ever ...... for the miz! And he's already got a match at WM anyway

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Back to the topic in hand..........

Unlike Gav I can see a screwy finish happening; not that I would like that however. I think a screwy finish would help the WWE to the lead up to Summerslam and, to what has been reported, Cena v Rock II

My hope is that Cena goes ballastic in the end when he is getting booed to the rafters and he cannot put Rock away. He some how gets himself DQ-d which then leads to the heel turn.

Second "hope" is that the match is a typical face v face affair (not too aggressive). Rock wins, Cena goes for the handshake, Rock takes it but then Cena turns and stomps him down. Again leading to a turn.

However it is looking increasingly like a Cena win and a handshake I do have to say.

IF by some huge development, Rock v Cena isn't last on the night, I think would mean that a heel turn would happen (WM's never seem to end on a low note as such, which, even though it would be a huge OMG moment, the heel turn would be). If it is last, then looks like the usual WM love-in at the end. warning

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Ref bump where Cena has Rock pinned, Rock then pins Cena for the finish.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:09 pm

What i want to happen is

Johnny comes down after about 20-25 minns and sits on a steel chair. The Rock and Cena both look confused. Continue to wrestle and then about 5-10 minns later the ref falls down. The Rock and Cena continue to wrestle whilst Johnny is going crazy calling for another ref to come down. Another ref comes down but as he enters the ring the Rock falls into the ref. Rock and Cena both lagging in the ring. Rock down Cena trying to regain his energy whilst Johnny brings the chair in the ring, hands it to Cena shouting "DO IT DO IT" Cena smacks Rock. Then smiles and shakes hand with Johnny. Hits rock a few times before one of the refs regains there energy comes into the ring and counts for 1 2 3. Winner Cena to a wild of boos. Him and Johnny celebrating. Heel turn for Cena. Also a major push for Johnny people will take him more serious and he can become the dominant heel boss of the wwe (after beating Teddy earlier on in the night)

Might be a stupid plan of mine. But i just want a Cena heel turn !!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 pm

will finish in a Cena or Rock win, a handshake and a Rock Bottom
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:31 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:What i want to happen is

Johnny comes down after about 20-25 minns and sits on a steel chair. The Rock and Cena both look confused. Continue to wrestle and then about 5-10 minns later the ref falls down. The Rock and Cena continue to wrestle whilst Johnny is going crazy calling for another ref to come down. Another ref comes down but as he enters the ring the Rock falls into the ref. Rock and Cena both lagging in the ring. Rock down Cena trying to regain his energy whilst Johnny brings the chair in the ring, hands it to Cena shouting "DO IT DO IT" Cena smacks Rock. Then smiles and shakes hand with Johnny. Hits rock a few times before one of the refs regains there energy comes into the ring and counts for 1 2 3. Winner Cena to a wild of boos. Him and Johnny celebrating. Heel turn for Cena. Also a major push for Johnny people will take him more serious and he can become the dominant heel boss of the wwe (after beating Teddy earlier on in the night)

Might be a stupid plan of mine. But i just want a Cena heel turn !!!

I had the exact same idea in a thread a few months back with a twist. Mine would be that maybe, at Wrestlmania, The Rock bumps into John Laurinaitis backstage and rips into him. During Rockys match with John Cena, Laurinaitis will come down with a chair and go for The Rock (with the referee down). Cena will grab the chair off him and push him to the ground shouting "its not going to end like that" (similiar to Money In The Bank when Laurinaitis tries to screw CM Punk). But then he will turn round and beat the crap out of him before pinning and winning. Heel turn for Cena and Laurinaitis becomes the new Mr McMahon.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down