The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what next for the UnderTaker?

4 posters

Go down

what next for the UnderTaker? Empty what next for the UnderTaker?

Post by talkingpoint Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:07 pm

One question I haven't seen addressed yet is what happens to Taker after he inevitably defeats HHH at WM27? Who would he feud with? Will he take more time off? Will the Corre be his next target? If WWE are planning on having a Cena v Taker match at WM28 when do you think they would begin sowing the seeds for that encounter? Should it be left to next year with a potential Cena/Rock clash at SummerSlam?

The thing is the natural/obvious feuds with the Corre and Kane just don't sit right with me - if Taker gets revenge for Barrett and the Nexus burying him alive then that makes the Corre look weak and could do a lot of damage to a stable that is growing in potential. If he feuds with Kane again it will be boring and the 100th time he's feuded with Kane; yet who else would he feud with on SD? Big Show? Snooze fest. Edge? Possibly but not at first as Edge will no doubt be involved in the title picture after Mania; Mcintyre? He's not really over enough yet for a full blown feud with Taker; Mysterio? deja vu. Will he finally get the feud with Swagger that was rumoured for last year's SS? WWE would really have to turn Swagger's character around first. Then there are the potential drafts to SD - Orton and Sheamus: Sheamus would be good as it hasn't happened yet, but I'd like Sheamus to have a good run with the US title first and possibly unify the titles in a feud with Barrett. That leaves Orton, which has potential. Unless HHH doesn't retire after mania and deliberately gets drafted to SD to carry on his rivalry with Taker and possibly defeats him at Extreme Rules or Over the Limit; however that would defeat the purpose of him 'died trying' to take the Streak. I'm struggling creatively to see where Taker goes from his match at Mania! Thoughts.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

what next for the UnderTaker? Empty Re: what next for the UnderTaker?

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 30 Mar 2011, 5:37 pm

It's an interesting thought right enough and the more I think about it, the more I'm stumped!

The feud with HHH has to be a one shot deal, no doubt about it. The only way it could continue would be for HHH to turn heel at Wrestlemania and leave the Undertaker lying after their match but I don't think they'd want to go down that route, especially if they go on last.

The only other guys on Smackdown who could be seen as 'legitimate' enough to challenge the Undertaker after Mania are Edge, Kane & the Big Show and those feuds have been done to death. Del Rio will most likely be tied up in the World title picture and should therefore be kept away from the Undertaker. Drew Mcintyre wouldn't be seen as a threat. Neither would Rey Mysterio for a months long feud (don't have a problem with them having one-off matches, they've shown before it can be done although I don't think Taker will want to take any more 619's!).

The Corre and more specifically Wade Barrett are an obvious choice but they need to be built up more as a dominating force. And you always run the risk of burying them if you have only 1 man feuding with them.

How about Cody Rhodes? Think he's ready to face the Deadman?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:23 pm

I hope The Undertaker doesn't take more time off screen although i'd be happy if he didn't wrestle again until SummerSlam although I'd like to see him promo and angles develop weekly/fortnightly on TV, I'd like to see him and Barrett at SummerSlam with Barrett sneaking a win

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

I'd also like to know where Rhodes will go after Mania? Rematch at Extreme Rules? He needs to move up from Mysterio afterwards because feuding with the likes of Kingston or McIntyre would be a backwards step.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:33 pm

I can see Rey winning at WrestleMania, so maybe some form of gimmick re-match with Rey to even the score before he is possibly drafted which i dont want but SD is top heavy with Mid card heels ATM

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:44 pm

Taker has to be quitting all ring action within the next few years, as it is getting tedious with him fighting only one match a year. They must have plans to send him out with a bang...
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:49 pm

He isn't fighting one match a year yet, he had about 10 last year and for me thats more than enough, I do think his end game will be epic tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:57 pm

just had a think about Cody - I'd keep him away from any titles for the time being and give him some feuds to really develop his character. I really like this 'edge' he's been given with the psychological scarring and I think he should build on that, maybe come out with a towl over his head or even better some form of mask like Punk wore last year after getting his head shaved. I wouldn't return to his 'dashing' persona, at least not immediately. Maybe have him feud with Christian (that is if Christian doesn't turn heel at Mania), the angle could be quite simple - Cody is resentful for Christian being 'Captain Charisma' and having so many adoring peeps and wants to bring Christian down to his level since he has been denied popularity because of Mysterio.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Mar 2011, 7:03 pm

I'd rather see a Cody/Morrison feud due to JoMo being seen as a good looking guy, I also think Cody could teach Morrison about ring psychology

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 30 Mar 2011, 10:22 pm

that would mean Cody being drafted to Raw which I don't see happening. But yeah in principle its a good feud. Smile

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Mar 2011, 10:26 pm

It might not mean that, it might mean JoMo being moved to SD, with Cena Trip and Orton on Raw there isn't room for him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down