The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 - good on the Google search engine.

4 posters

Go down

V2 - good on the Google search engine. Empty V2 - good on the Google search engine.

Post by Portnoy Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:15 am

This morning I Googled 'andy goode citing' because I wanted to know if there had been any sign of interest taken by the Jeff citing committee after his red card last Friday.

There isn't - and I am honestly not trying to big-up an article here.

What I am posting is a plaudit to v2 (or the software hosts) to tweak the search engine prompts to bring v2 to the top of the list.

That's a neat way of generating public interest and possible greater user activity.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

V2 - good on the Google search engine. Empty Re: V2 - good on the Google search engine.

Post by SecretFly Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:19 am

We had greater user activity during the 6N.......................

and most of what I was hearing then was that many of the 'regulars' wanted the newbies shafted pronto because they brought a lot of noise, a lot of needlessly inane anti-rugby-detail chatter...and far too much wumming.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

V2 - good on the Google search engine. Empty Re: V2 - good on the Google search engine.

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

to be fair not all the newbies were wind ups, there are a number of "new kids on the block" who has contributed and are contributing positively to V2.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

..yeah, well I agree, biltong.

I think this new Hersh guy has a lot of potential. He's a little shy still but I think when he gets familiar with the setting he'll prove himself one of the best V2ers here.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:39 am

Laugh yeah, I can see potential in him.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 02 Apr 2012, 10:41 am

We have tried a few things to push up the search rankings - that's one reason for posting up articles on the Journal and cross-linking them back to here, plus we try to use twitter etc to draw attention to articles.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down