The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Forever

5 posters

Go down

Champions Forever Empty Champions Forever

Post by Union Cane Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 am

Just a quick heads-up that the excellent documentary Champions Forever is currently available on Netflix, who are offering a free one month trial at the moment.

It features Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Ken Norton and Larry Holmes, interviewed both seperately and together as a group, and follows the career of each fighter during what was undoubtedly the heavyweight division's heyday as they passed the title around amongst themselves.

Excellent interviews mixed with lots of great archive footage make this a must see for any boxing fan.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Champions Forever Empty Re: Champions Forever

Post by Union Cane Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Alternatively, if you don't want to sign up for Netflix, you can watch it here :

champions forever:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Have not seen this in an age, had it on video which gives you some idea how long ago it was, is that bit still on at the start where Tyson says he would have not stood a chance against Holmes at his best, always had visions of Tyson king putting his foot through the TV at that point.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Ah good old Tysonking. I wonder what he is up to nowadays other than getting 'excited' watching Tyson videos. Wherever he is I hope he is in a lot of pain anyway

Right im of to play golf. Im hoping to actually land a ball on the fairway this round. Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm

rowley wrote:Have not seen this in an age, had it on video which gives you some idea how long ago it was, is that bit still on at the start where Tyson says he would have not stood a chance against Holmes at his best, always had visions of Tyson king putting his foot through the TV at that point.

Simply a case of Tyson being humble and not feeling the need to rub his clear superiority over every other fighter who ever lived in their faces. Because he was actually a really fantastic guy, and it's only the twisted media who are to blame for his sometimes less than monastic reputation.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Watched this last night. Excellent documentary. Highly recommended

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down