The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

+26
NickisBHAFC
Samo
We Want Edge
Liam
Hero
Lee
The Rocks Microphone
JamesLincs
The Best in the World
Gregers
uberkiwi
TopoftheChops
Beer
Bull
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
hodge
JDizzle
Ché Guerrero
MrZMahmood
Dr Gregory House MD
DonIffy
DDT
psycho-gooner
Fellaini25
Good Golly I'm Olly
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 12:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Well its the Raw after Wrestlemania and lots of questions will be answered (hopefully)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by JDizzle Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:36 am

Looks like Cody and Big Show aren't done yet, sigh.

That's what I was thinking Don. If the show just ends with Cena saying he'll never give up and keep fighting as he is here everyday blah blah blah, I might cry.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Live WWE Raw discussion thread (Will contain spoilers)

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:46 am

Something goods got to happen, that's why the WWE title match isn't ending the show, hopefully it's Lesnar

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:50 am

I could get used to this Ryder, he seems a bit more badass

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:53 am

Yahoo Miz is back from jobberville

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:53 am

Disappointed they keep making Ryder lose clean

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:57 am

However it's show time lets see what happens now

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:10 am

OMG

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:11 am

MARK. OUT. MOMENT

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:13 am

to quote the crowd "holy s**t"

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:13 am

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:13 am

Best Raw ever!!

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:16 am

What a pop Lesnar got, that has to be one of the best Raws for a long time.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:18 am

This crowd deserves a flipping medal

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:22 am

Crowd was awesome! Chicago now has an act to follow at extreme rules. Have to say I was having several silent mark out moments in the tv room, need to be up early so said i would be off to bed early but watched, so happy i did

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:23 am

As a man who never watched Lesnar's years i'm really, really excited by this. I have read he was a botch machine, but hes such a physical specimen. Love to see how they are gonna keep him going for a long story. Rock v Brock WM 29. Cant have Cena's opponent decided this early again, it completely blunts him for a year.

What a Raw. Rocky, the Funkasaurus headbutt, Tensai and Lesnar. They may just have freshened things up perfectly

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:25 am

OMFG!!! Has there been a greater PPV/Raw combo than the last 2 days? (in recent history anyway)

So happy brock is back. Same with Chris Wilkerson, I've never seen Lesnars era so am dead excited for this.

Well done WWE. Cenas ass handed to him by 2 separate wrestlers Yahoo

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:28 am

It reminded me abit of Goldberg's debut on Raw, when the whole crowd knew he was coming beforehand, and he came down and speared The Rock. That was the night after Wrestlemania aswell.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:29 am

I never watched lesnar either, one thing i will be interested in, will lesnar incorporate some mma into his style?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:32 am

Who else can't sleep at 4:30 in the morning and considering I only got 5 hours sleep after watching wm28 as well haha

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:36 am

hodge wrote:I never watched lesnar either, one thing i will be interested in, will lesnar incorporate some mma into his style?

You can't realy use MMA in pro wrestling, guys like Punk, Del Rio and even Santino are trained MMA fighters, they just never got to the level Lesnar did. I'd imagine he will use the same move set or a similar move set to the one he used to use.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:39 am

I can't sleep either, which is a good thing because i dont start work until 8pm tonight. Cant wait to see Lesnar get back in the ring, he was lethal in SD Here Comes The Pain

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:42 am

Man I loved that game haha, Brock and Goldberg were beast in that game

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:44 am

The WCW fan in me always went for Goldberg over Brock. Surely WWE must have had his return planned for a while? Given they included Brock in WWE '12?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:04 am

DDT wrote:
hodge wrote:I never watched lesnar either, one thing i will be interested in, will lesnar incorporate some mma into his style?

You can't realy use MMA in pro wrestling, guys like Punk, Del Rio and even Santino are trained MMA fighters, they just never got to the level Lesnar did. I'd imagine he will use the same move set or a similar move set to the one he used to use.

I don't agree.

Ken Shamrock used a lot of submission moves and even had his UFC ring attire (ie the small gloves). More recently Jeff Jarrett ran with a MMA angle (but no one watched!).

ITs totally possible to do it - lots of submission holds and stuff like ground and pound could look very effective.

As for RAW - didnt think it was as good as everyone made out. I felt that Alberts return was totally flat (I was really looking forward to it). IT all seemed too slow for me and the ref called the bell even though Alex Riley was still completely conscious.

And even though Brock returned, he didnt look the badass he has before - he looked a little lethargic to me.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:06 am

I just got into work after watching Raw and holy Poopie!!

LESNAR!!!!

Lesnar/Cena is one of my fav feuds in the last 10 years!!

I can't wait to see where this goes. Lesnar seems to have dropped a load of weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:01 am

WOW brock Lesners back!

anyone see what he said to Cena after he hit him with the f5?

"Ive Been waiting a long time"

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:13 am

Nice to see Cena completely no sold Brock.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

surely cena could have countered the f5, he was on his shoulders for 5 seconds without moving

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:28 am

Watched it before work this morning whilst giving my 9 month old his toast.

Even though I kinda knew it was coming, thats the first time ive properly on my feet marked out in a long, long time. Toast & Plate flew in the air, my little boy thought it was hilarious.

Has the WWE finally got me interested again? Yes. Yes. YES. After that Mania, that RAW. Hell YES!

The crowd was amazing (as good as the Mania crowd) - every match was watchable and exciting (barring Tensai, but suppose that had to be a slow dominating squash).

The Ziggler sell on the headbutt was immense.
Jericho's intensity and continuing the Punk fued is just what I wanted.
Funkasaurus has purpose.
Rocky going for the belt?!

Anyway, I honestly feel like a kid again - really excited now for the upcoming months - when only last week I was on the border of dropping it completely.

Bravo 'E, Bravo...

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

Mind you will Brock try and kill anyone like he did before?

I bet Lord Tensai has a score to settle Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

TopoftheChops wrote:surely cena could have countered the f5, he was on his shoulders for 5 seconds without moving

I meant more so when Brock came out, he just stood there with a grin on his face, clapping him. He's a complete douche at the moment.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:01 am

King Beer wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:surely cena could have countered the f5, he was on his shoulders for 5 seconds without moving

I meant more so when Brock came out, he just stood there with a grin on his face, clapping him. He's a complete douche at the moment.

I dont think he could have reacted any other way. He heard and then acknowledged that the crowd were shouting We Want Lesnar. Maybe acknowledging the chant was a bad idea.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:04 am

psycho-gooner wrote:
King Beer wrote:

I dont think he could have reacted any other way. He heard and then acknowledged that the crowd were shouting We Want Lesnar. Maybe acknowledging the chant was a bad idea.

He could've look shocked? Maybe disappointed? Maybe even scared? No, i'll just stand here and laugh along as someone walks down the ring to kick my ass for the second night in a row.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:07 am

Dont think shocked would of made sense cos of the point i made earlier. Scared would have been better...but SuperCena doesn't get scared Doh

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:07 am

Agree with that KB.

Remember when Goldberg came to the WWE in 2003 and the Rock sold it like no other. Looking scared and surprised.

Cena just totally goofed it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:09 am

psycho-gooner wrote:Dont think shocked would of made sense cos of the point i made earlier. Scared would have been better...but SuperCena doesn't get scared Doh

Back in 2007 when Orton was champ at every Arena leading up to Survivor Series were chants of 'Y2J' when he returned the night after on Raw, Orton sold it.

Seems the sell is dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

Um given Cena was congratulating Brock on returning.... Oh yeah wait we must rip of Cena! I genuinely feel sorry for the guy atm, he is being rather buried atm. Interesting to see how this goes as Cena could realistically be on a losing streak, Rock/Lesnar/Tensai. Maybe the heel turn really is coming.

As for rock saying he would be the next WWE champion, that would be the worst booking ever.

We also have Vince vs Hunter with Del Rio vs Sheamus, that should be a good little feud.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

Gregers wrote:Um given Cena was congratulating Brock on returning.... Oh yeah wait we must rip of Cena! I genuinely feel sorry for the guy atm, he is being rather buried atm. Interesting to see how this goes as Cena could realistically be on a losing streak, Rock/Lesnar/Tensai. Maybe the heel turn really is coming.

As for rock saying he would be the next WWE champion, that would be the worst booking ever.

We also have Vince vs Hunter with Del Rio vs Sheamus, that should be a good little feud.

How is he being buried, Greg?

So he didn't get put over at Wrestlemania in The Rock's backyard? And he's taken an F5 from arguably one of the best guys to hit the ring post attitude era? The fact that Brock Lesnar literally raised the roof of that place last night speaks volumes.

Cena has never put anyone over except maybe Zack Ryder, so maybe it's time he learnt how to.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:28 am

King Beer wrote:

It was these ridiculous facial expressions that kind of ruined the build up to Wrestlemania for me. You'd have the Rock delivering these intense promos in Cena's face, only for Cena to not be looking at the Rock but instead yukking it up to the fans with that $h!t eating grin on his face.

The Rock never seemed to take his eyes off Cena when they were in the ring together, and if Cena had of done the same felt it would of added more intensity to the feud.

Also, how quickly was Cena out of the ring at Mania? Wasn't able to kick out of the Rock Bottom but was more than able to get half way up the mile long ramp in three seconds? Could of understood this if he'd of kicked out just after the 3 count but he didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:31 am

the crowd were cheering for heels, apart from Rock and Punk mainly. Thought it was a brilliant Raw
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

a mate text me and completely ruined it for me, however i wouldnt of been able to avoid it anyway as there are already loads of clips titled his return on youtube

crowd, wow!!

cena, idiot.. i mean wtf. his music hit, he simply wasnt bothered. way to no sell. on the shoulders of brock, he shows no struggle. he was just like JL on the shoulders of punk, he looked ridiculous.. however, brock is back! and thats all i could give a schit about. now ill watch the rest of raw

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

Daniel Bryan is crazily over! He can't stay heel for much longer.

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Great RAW, great crowd!

My favourite moments:

-Brock returning obviously! He looked beyond intense! So good to see him back and I marked like never before when he flattened that melt Cena!
-The crowd chanting "si,si,si" at Del Rio haha!
-Jericho falling over, epic!

Cool to see Albert back as Tensai, can't see him rippling the higher echelons though, although he looks a bit of a beast.

Also, The Rock's promo at the start was awesome, just awesome. I semi marked out when he mentioned he wants to be champion again. Make it happen WWE, make it happen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

Just finished watching, and the stand out performance for me was the crowd. They were epic!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:47 am

Si Si Si

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:55 am

Watched Rawthis morning before reading anything, glad I did best Raw in forever.
Crowd were totally amazing and as said earlier Jericho falling over on the whiskey after saying 'I never drink to excess' was notworthy funny

Brock returning = bigger pop than Rock last year maybe??

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rocks Microphone Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:57 am

and although the YES YES YES chants were funny at firts its going to get old like WHAT! I said its going to get old like WHAT! YES YES YES you get WHAT! I mean WHAT!

The Rocks Microphone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

What?

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:58 am

I'm waiting for a YES! WHAT? crowd battle.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:59 am

What can I expect from Brock then? Never watched it when he was in it

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next