The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning...

+2
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
6 posters

Go down

Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning... Empty Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning...

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:01 am

Didn't see this anywhere else.

Linares decided to take a tuneup bout for his rematch with DeMarco which I believe is an undercard fight on Pac/Bradley bill, but I ain't here to talk about the rematch, which now may not be on, I'm talking about the pasting he received and how he got knocked out...

Career in a bit of jeopardy now, no doubt he has the talent to come back and he took the tune up lightly but still, real stunner.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning... Empty Re: Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning...

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:54 am

I took the Late TKO for DeMarco in the prediction league incase i hadn't told anyone before. I seen something in the Valero fight that i really liked about Demarco. I would really look forward to a rematch, would pick DeMarco again. Be good to see Linares out again and see how he's doing.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning... Empty Re: Linares May Need Some Fine Tuning...

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:55 am

With the battering he took the fight might be called off.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:02 am

Sorry Alex i didn't read it right i thought his comeback fight was on the Pac/Bradley, who was he fighting. Would have loved to have seen Linares/DeMarco II on the undercard of the Pac fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

Don't worry mate, no one reads my articles anyway!! Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

Many have suggested Linares ditches Roach inc. De La Hoya. Most of the reasoning is that Roach is not good at defence, which Linares clearly needs.

Linares is an odd character to dissect, he seems to have sublime skill and great speed but comes up short at unexpected times. Barring the Demarco fight he's lost twice in the 1st and 2nd round to huge underdogs.

One worrying thing is he didn't seem to annoyed about he fight being stopped.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:39 pm

Wasn't exactly a tune up as he had to win in order to face DeMarco again, Thompson is going to need to be paid off to make the fight happen which it shouldn't. Losing to someone who is effectively a powerful slugger with average skill is a worrying sign.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:45 pm

Linares is too vulnerable at in defense and with 3 KO losses (although they wern't stone cold KO's) people will be gunning for his chin from now on. He cuts very easily too, which may be even more of an issue for him than the chin. Very good skills, but any top fighter with a chin will look to walk through him now and wear him down. His cut seemed to open up from nowhere the other night too, so huge worry there too. Still got a career, but going to need to do something drastic about his defense

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

Who would you suggest as a new trainer for Linares? Someone who could work on his defensive inefficiencies!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down