The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linares v Demarco

+3
milkyboy
Dass
Seanusarrilius
7 posters

Go down

Linares v Demarco Empty Linares v Demarco

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:16 pm

If anyone missed this this last night then please go and watch it, Linares showed his class, very good boxing skills, not a great deal of power but looked fantastic early in fight. Demarco never gave upand round eleven was fantastic, i would watch this rematch when its made. Fantastic

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Linares v Demarco Empty Re: Linares v Demarco

Post by Dass Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

Was a really good fight and it seemed Linares slowed down later in the fight allowing Demarco to catch up with him. Did think Linares made the wrong choices later on as he had the fight on points clearly, I had him winning every round bar one, he should have tied up more or went on the back foot rather than trying to go punch for punch with his opponent late on.

Its clear Linares is the more talented individual and I'd fancy him in a rematch again by UD. Demarco did well though never lost confidence and kept the pressure up though there were a few rounds after the 6th that he took the foot of the gas and let the rounds almost slip away.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:06 pm

classy fighter linares... think he was unlucky with the cuts, genuinely think he wasn't fighting back because he couldn't see, but no arguing with the stoppage. Great turnaround from de marco. Agree that the last round is a candidate for round of the year, if primarily 1 way traffic.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:11 pm

Good fight. I thought Linares had it in the bag but the cuts really hampered him in saying that DeMarco still did very well in turning it around. Hopefully we will see an immediate rematch although I can't see Rios or Marquez being overly bothered about who wins as neither Linares or DeMarco looked of that quality.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

i think linares is classy enough as a fighter kev to trouble them, but that's two stoppage defeats now... which makes you think that quality fighters who an dig are always going to fancy their chances.

Demarco just not a good enough boxer to trouble the real top guys.. he looks a tall awkward south paw but doesn't use his advantages and gets hit too easily.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:22 pm

Like you said Linares has been stopped twice now and against guys like Rios who are relentless he just doesn't have the power to keep him off.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

Fantastic fight with a heart breaking finish. Linares had boxed so well, really very few mistakes and fought bravely. It felt bad to see him stopped like that while in such a commanding lead and one of the bloodiest fights I've seen in a while. Credit to both guys

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 16 Oct 2011, 11:25 pm

really great fight and the finish altho heartbreaking for linares must make demarco feel like a king, he stuck at it so i give him his due

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:30 am

seeing as it seems that mitchell will be leaving warren after his rants over boxnation i could perhaps see him keeping an eye on these guys

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 17 Oct 2011, 7:42 am

Very good fight as the 11th round was probably one of the rounds of the year although Berto and Ortiz will probably get the nod.

I feel bad for Linares but he had the choice to box the last few rounds and coast to victory but decided against it and Demarco caught up with him.

Can't see Demarco holding the belt for long if he fights the top boys but can see Linares winning a belt however his lack of power will cause him problems.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down