The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!

+6
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!  Empty Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Ok chaps,

How does it end?

I haven't seen a ton of Olusegan, but I think Matthysse power will carry him throught to pts win or late KO.

I am having a flutter on this, too, so keen to hear from the board.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!  Empty Re: Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

Olusegen by late stoppage for me, after a barnstormer. I think he has a little bit more to his game than Matthysse.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!  Empty Re: Matthysse v Olusegen & Demarco v Molina - Official Predictions please!

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

Matthyse LKO

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:58 pm

Olusegen by a wide score.

Its his time.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:04 pm

Wow, wasn't expecting people to go for Olesegen!

You think he can get the stoppage Chris?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Shame box nation removed this, won't be able to watch it now.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

stream?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

I would love to see Olusegen win this but I think he will loose a close decision. I rate Matthysse as top dog in LWW bar Marquez if he decides to fight there. He has great stamina, workrate and power. I think Olusegen will be competitive in this fight but I just see Matthysse outworking him to a UD, with Olusegen having some success along the way.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:stream?

I got the SuperChannel showing Showtime on my 42 inch TV in Canada. And HBO showing the Ward fight. Ah to be a New Canadian, haha.

I'll send you pics Tophat! Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:11 pm

Matthysse MD

Matthysse has a lot of poorer but couldn't KO Alexander or Judah and Olusegun should be tough enough to last the distance

Olusegun will start racking up a couple rounds but matthysse will eventually be able to walk through him and rally late, probably with a knockdown

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Matthysse MD

Matthysse has a lot of poorer but couldn't KO Alexander or Judah and Olusegun should be tough enough to last the distance

Olusegun will start racking up a couple rounds but matthysse will eventually be able to walk through him and rally late, probably with a knockdown

The more i hear about Olusegan the more I feel this will be a fight of two halves. Matthysse must get him to engage. Anyone who engages with Matthysse at 140 is going to have kittens. If Olusegen is strong like some say it could be a very close points fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

How do people see Demarco v Molina going?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 06 Sep 2012, 5:35 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:How do people see Demarco v Molina going?

Got to admit I know very little about Molina but from the sounds is he is pretty strong and aggressive and hits quite hard although vs weak opposition so it should be a really good fight

Demarco is teak tough and has good power at the weight, as he showed with his come-from-behind KO of linares. He is limited but Molina isn't the one to exploit so it could well be a war

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:44 pm

Im very interested in the Olusegun/Mathysse fight. When Mathysse has struggled before its been against the kind of style Olusegun possesses. Mathysses losses were to Alexander and Judah were both southpaw boxers of the slicker variety and Olusugen is more of the same (although could be argued Mathysse won those fights also). But stylewise Olusegun should have the tools to cause MAthysse problems.

However I still find myself going with Mathysse overall in this. Firstly its a fairly significant step up for Olusegun who has found himself in the doldrums a bit with the level of opposition he has been facing. He hasnt really reached too far past Commonwealth level. Mathysses losses to similar style fighters could arguably have gone his way, so hes experienced fighting at a higher level and against boxers of Olusegens style. Im not convinced Olusegun is better than Alexander or Judah and I think he will need to be to beat Mathysse (I think a close fight will go Mathysse way).

On top of that, from what I have of Olusegun thus far is that he has a tendancy to switch off, clown about or drift in and out of some fights when the opposition has been beneath him. You cant really afford any mistakes against Mathysse who will be coming at him with heavy hands all night. One lapse in concentration could be enough to do damage. The judges will also want to see you working constantly and not letting Mathysse take the initiative or dictate the fight. Id also question if Olusegan has enough power to discourage Mathysse? If not he is really going to have to box out of his skin to avoid shipping punishment.

Mathysse also has the equaliser in power which means he can end the fight at any moment. Im not sure Olusegun can if he finds himself trailing. Mathyse stamina I think is a little more proven as he has gone the distance in long tough fights and Olusegun will really be made work I think.

Overall I think Id go with Mathysse grinding out a decision or wearing Olusegun down late. When these styles have clashed in the past the scenario suggests a close fight and I think Mathysse has the greater experience and more boxes ticked compared to Olusegun who I still think has more question marks about him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:13 pm

Lucas by KO, DeMarco by points.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:25 pm

I've only seen a couple of Molina fights. In both he was easily being hit and not landing back against smaller, quicker foes. In both nothing they threw could hurt him and he eventually wore them out and stopped them. Everything they threw bounced off, everything he threw broke something. One of them was Henry Lundy who could have won if he hadn't gotten cocky, the other guy took a beating though.

De Marco is from the same mould, except he's done it against better guys. I back De Marco

My views on Lucas v Ajose are a less educated version of what Manos said.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down