The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attitude era, May contain spoilers for Raw.

2 posters

Go down

Attitude era, May contain spoilers for Raw. Empty Attitude era, May contain spoilers for Raw.

Post by Blade Wed 4 Apr - 1:22

Just watched Raw last night and was thinking may be there might be turn back to the attitude era?

With Punk getting a bottle smashed over the head by Chris Jericho and with Brock Lesner and A-train coming back could this mean that were heading back to the good old days?

All so with Jonny boy getting both Raw and Smackdown and being a Heel GM may be he could spice it up a little?

Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Attitude era, May contain spoilers for Raw. Empty Re: Attitude era, May contain spoilers for Raw.

Post by Stonee21 Wed 4 Apr - 4:48

I don't think that we are heading back that far but more towards the "Ruthless Aggression" era which honestly I preferred. Whilst I loved the attitude era what made itso great was there were 2 massive promotions literally airing each others dirty laundry and constantly trying to one up each other, I don't think it would really work as if WWE started recognising TNA they risk getting them more business. I just don't think an attitude era would work with just one major company as they have no strong competition for them to have to do the kind of shocking stuff that they did back then.

Ruthless aggression is perfect to stay in front, you still have some shocking stuff, a bit of blood, hardcore wrestling which is much safer and some strong language. It is the perfect middle ground between PG and 18.

I too though like that WWE is finally getting it's buzz back and a bit of it's old "edge", wrestling just doesn't work as a PG product, have some wrestlers like that or even have Smackdown stay PG but the whole point of Raw was that it was the more adult version of WWE and it just doesn't work in a PG environment

Stonee21

Back to top Go down