The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

+26
Kay Fabe
DOYLE192
ADMIN
theanimal316
Blade
greggschickenbake
liverbnz
Holymiky
Kramxel
JJJohnson
Sarsippius
owen10ozzy
Marky
Cymru1991
John-Original Name King
MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo
King Latifah
Lex-Express
Gregers
Adam D
AberdeenSteve
Dexter Morgan
JamesLincs
David Tails
User Name
JoshSansom
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS Empty Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Post by JoshSansom Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Wow! So that is Wrestlemania 27 done and dusted... a few thoughts for everyone to discuss:

Is it just me or does Vickie look like she's got the mumps?
Is the IC title that worthless now that it wasn't even on the main card?
Are the Corre going the same way as the New Nexus?
Rey v Cody was excellent
Edge v Del Rio first was a real curve ball but the result was confusing as I can't see where ADR's character will or can go from here
Punk v Orton was well done given that it was the likely conclusion - will Orton's (probably kayfabe) knee damage mean a spell out?
I would have preferred to see 888 have his hand drop three times rather than tap... it also felt like no more than trading finishers instead of building a match and as much tension
Lawler v Cole was as rudey poo as I was expecting though the DQ thing does allow Cole's character to maintain some face - that orange swimsuit was ridiculous though - it all went on a bit long imo
The ending to Cena v Miz felt a bit bizarre - is Rocky now looking to challenge for WWE title? Miz still feels like a bit part player in someone else's feud despite regaining title
The Rock's segments through the show were good and offered some nice light relief
Rock v Cena for Summerslam then?

Last edited by Enforcer on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of Title)

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS Empty Re: Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Post by User Name Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:23 pm

First Thoughts, it was pish

User Name

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS Empty Re: Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Post by David Tails Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:46 pm

First thoughts? What a crock.

If TNA had put on a show with those sort of results and that quality of matches they would be getting slated.

The Taker HHH match was fantastic. The rest was below average.

Orton continues to take lessons on how to sell from Cena. One minute he can barely walk, then he's spring up to the top rope....then his leg crumbles when he goes for the punt and he can hardly move...then he wins with the RKO and suddenly his leg is healed enough to bound up the ropes again to pose.

Dropping Sheamus and Bryan from the card? Squashing a promising young faction of guys in less than 30 seconds to one of the most ridiculous finishers (Yes Cobra, I'm talking about you!)?

The Cole V Lawler match was utterly terrible. From start to finish. Yeah Stone cold got his pops for the stunners but why did that nonsense get so much air time? If you are putting Cole in the ring at least teach him the basics. There were a couple of times early on that he was "Standing" on kings ankle. Yeah put oof of your weight on the ropes and make it obvious that you are barely touching King. Good plan. I know he is a commentator and shouldn't be fully versed in technique...but for heavens sake give him the basics.

Oh and what on earth was the Snoop Dogg skit about??

Overall...I'm not at all impressed.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 am

it will be memorable for the fact it was Flip disgraceful, all i could think was how peed off those with ringside seats, paying probably thousands for the event only to be completely ripped off!

i assumed sheamus/bryan was a dark match. edge and del rio was fine, didnt expect edge to win, and no involvement really from christian.

enjoyed cody/rey and was suprised to see cody win

nexus is dead and buried for sure, whats to gain from orton winning.. so stupid

undertaker/hhh was great. although triple 'ill die trying' h, walks away while taker is carried off on a cart

we all walked out the room for the mixed gender match, utter garbage and the penultimate match?? you f'in serious?

then miz/cena. worst ending to a main event ive ever seen! so cena loses and rock gets what he wants anyway but still decides to restart the match? completely pointless. just rock bottom him and get it over with.

cena comes out tomorrow, oh im so angry that you rock bottomed me even though i lost anyway.. what is the fukkin point!

felt like an extended raw show, terrible, truely terrible!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:56 am

I agree with all of the above, terrible Wrestlemania. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of the year, everyone goes out and gives THE best match they can possibly put on, ended up being a laughing stock. Vince will be laughing all the way to the bank with our money today!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:15 am

Agree with everything that has already been said. That will go down as one of the worst Wrestlemania's to ever be aired. The Triple H v Undertaker and the Rey Mysterio v Cody Rhodes matches were the only ones worth watching. Rhodes will be the only man to wake up this morning feeling like he got something out of last night.

They have squashed about 7 guys, and where was Drew McIntyre?

I can see a lot of fans slowly switching the WWE off after last night.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 am

i havent seen it but reading the comments, it didnt seem great.

What they needed was a jeff hardy moment to get people talking.

Tna>WWE
bound for Glory > wrestlemania

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:47 am

Was it the worst WM? No that was and will always be Wrestlemania 9.

Was it the worst WM in recent memory? Maybe, I seem to remember 22 and 23 being fairly bad.

Good matches: HHH vs Taker (is Taker legit hurt?), Cody vs Rey, Edge vs Del Rio was pretty good as well

Having Rock and SCSA took so much away from what should have been a far far better WM.

Star of the Night - Cody Rhodes

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 am

Had some sleep to reflect on the action of last night and I agree with the comments that said it was rudey poo - I really can't see what the point of the ending was. They could have finished it with Miz pinning Cena after interference from ARi and it would have been a better credit match to the both of them.

That was the problem trying to shoehorn a third man into the action. Then there wasn't enough time after the Rock restarted to have any real action...

Miz won the main event at WM but the only younger guy you can say had their reputation enhanced was Cody Rhodes, which is a bizarre statement.

ADR has been ruined now by blubbing in front of his rudey poo second hand Rolls Royce, though maybe Edge wanted to go on first knowing the car crash that was going to happen later?

I don't have a problem with Orton being able to pull an RKO out of nowhere as it is his signature thing to do, but you are right that celebrating on the ropes afterwards was ridiculous... I had hoped that Punk would win with help from a new New Nexus member - maybe a Drew McIntyre or Ted diBiase... someone who could learn from Punk.

Anyway, all I can say is that I am glad I am not American and had to pay about £60 for that... then again I think that they could be dumb enough to keep on lapping up this rubbish, meaning Vince and co will never change it!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:00 am

Another thing - I seriously thought Hunter had the streak when he tombstoned Undertaker. SO close!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:34 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Another thing - I seriously thought Hunter had the streak when he tombstoned Undertaker. SO close!!

Do you think that he botched it and Taker's head hit the ground? Hunter did seem to have a face full of the Deadman's strudel....

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:40 am

I was planning to order the replay, then a mate who watched it first time wtached it again and said it might not be worth it, so i read the first paragraph of spoilers and then read on...

Thoughts?

£15 well saved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:45 am

As I said on live chat last night, its for the quality of events like last nights mania that im glad i just streamed it and didnt fork out my cash

Was not a good event, Live chat was better than Mania

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by King Latifah Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:02 am

It's a shame when the best parts of Wrestlemania are the comedy segments and a build up for a match

The Miz's video intro was absolutely brilliant, I must see it again

HHH v Undertaker was the best match but it was just a major spot fest, and you always know who's gonna win it so I didn't make out when HHH hit the tombstone

The ending to the main event was horrendous, why not just have rock come down when the referee was out? Would've made a lot more sense than the double count out and restart

And what a guest host the rock was, killed the crowd from the off and appeared a grand total of 4 times

TNA gets slated for this kind of stuff and it's about time WWE gets the treatment too
King Latifah
King Latifah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 am

Is Taker legit injured.

Read a detailed report says he collapsed and was out cold, apparently HHH tried to help but was waved away?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 am

King Latifah - I thought that the crowd was just rubbish anyway, the Rock did his best to hype them up but it didn't really work.

Yes I think that everyone was sure that Taker would win but can you imagine the reaction if HHH had won with the Tombstone, using Taker's pin and sticking his tongue out?! That would have been a reaction! I thought it was interesting that JR said the streak has to end sometime - just dramatic effect or something in it?

There were so many ways that the main event could have been done that would have been better - Rock as ref could even have been an improvement.

I would have preferred to see Rock lay out both and then Miz crawls for victory on Cena... This way Rock has his moment against both and Miz can still have the glory as the credits go through.

As it was it looked as though Rocky won WM! (Btw, I am not adverse to Rock winning the big one at WM - if you look at his career late 90's / early 00's he lost three or four WWF title matches in a row at WM, he did the deed there but never got his moment as the victor. WM28?)

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 am

Doe anyone else think its possible that the WHC match was first on due to the fact they were in Atlanta and it was the home of WCW so with the WHC been the old main belt in WCW vince put the match on first on the card to prove that the WHC is not in the same value as the WWE championship? Does seem like something he would do.

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:27 am

MyNameIsAlbertoDelRiiooo wrote:Doe anyone else think its possible that the WHC match was first on due to the fact they were in Atlanta and it was the home of WCW so with the WHC been the old main belt in WCW vince put the match on first on the card to prove that the WHC is not in the same value as the WWE championship? Does seem like something he would do.

He is probably that sad but I think it was to try to start the evening off with a bang and space out the main event matches as there was so much filler. Otherwise people would have just watched the final two hours instead of needing to see all of it.

That said it was been booked as the lesser of the two world title contests. It didn't help with Cena being No. 1 guy in WWE and the Rock being involved. I thought that Edge v ADR was booked better and became a good feud (bar ADR losing to Christian) but was overshadowed. The match was too short as well, should have had a couple more kickouts in it.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:30 am

Looks like I'm the only way enjoyed the majority of it...

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 am

John-Original Name King wrote:Looks like I'm the only way enjoyed the majority of it...

If you liked it then great - I am still torn between saying it was OK and that it was rubbish but the overall feeling either way is that it could have been better. This could have been a top 10 WM but they made errors with the booking, with the amount of hype respective matches got, which matches were on the card and the way those matches were played out.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 am

It could of been better.
A couple of the matches were ok, Taker HHH was clearly the best of the night.
All in all, i enjoyed the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:42 am

John-Original Name King wrote:Looks like I'm the only way enjoyed the majority of it...

I genuinely enjoyed it too. Yes, Orton needs selling lessons, the corre have been buried well and truly and that mixed tag match was vomit-worthy and pointless, but come on was it THAT bad? I honestly think that whatever had happened last night, a lot of comments on here would have been along the lines of "This was poor, that was poor, this could have been done better, poor wrestlemania blah blah blah.." Or maybe that's just me being a bit biased against the IWC this morning...

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:48 am

Cymru1991 wrote:

I genuinely enjoyed it too. Yes, Orton needs selling lessons, the corre have been buried well and truly and that mixed tag match was vomit-worthy and pointless, but come on was it THAT bad? I honestly think that whatever had happened last night, a lot of comments on here would have been along the lines of "This was poor, that was poor, this could have been done better, poor wrestlemania blah blah blah.." Or maybe that's just me being a bit biased against the IWC this morning...

I get what you mean and it would probably have gone down as a good event had the main event have been done better, but it wasn't. WM basically lives and dies as an event on its final match and it wasn't done well.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 am

I can't really comment as i haven't 'watched' it. Hence only mentioning that i saved £15.

I do question the logic of giving 3 potentially good matches a combined total of what, 10 minutes?

Is it a case of they completely ballsed up the plans?

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 am

King Beer wrote:I can't really comment as i haven't 'watched' it. Hence only mentioning that i saved £15.

I do question the logic of giving 3 potentially good matches a combined total of what, 10 minutes?

Is it a case of they completely ballsed up the plans?

My guess would be a lot of confused thinking and not enough direction going on. I cannot comment on the power structure backstage (if anyone can I would appreciate it) but it feels like too many cooks spoil the broth.

Essentially I think that everyone would have accepted it was good but not great had the Miz-Cena match been done well, but it was a mess that never really felt like it got going and then had a Russo-esque ending...

Whether certain guys are contracted to be in the WM event if fit I am not sure but the SSD v Corre match was a mess seemingly designed to increase the number of participants in the event. That said I go back to the point that it would have been OK had the main event worked or if HHH v Taker been on last.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 am

I think the order would've made it better...

Open with Bryan and Sheamus, without the stupid Battle Royal.
Show/Kane/Kofi/Marella v The Corre
Ziggles v Morrison (and the girls)
Rey v Rhodes
Lawler v Cole
Punk v Orton
Edge v ADR
Taker v HHH
Miz v Cena

I think then it looks like a show that got progressively better!

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 am

King Beer wrote:I think the order would've made it better...

Open with Bryan and Sheamus, without the stupid Battle Royal.
Show/Kane/Kofi/Marella v The Corre
Ziggles v Morrison (and the girls)
Rey v Rhodes
Lawler v Cole
Punk v Orton
Edge v ADR
Taker v HHH
Miz v Cena

I think then it looks like a show that got progressively better!

Except that the problem with that would have been that Miz v Cena would have been a let down after HHH Taker and there would be no obligatory bathroom break! Smile I think they should have scheduled a Divas Champ match which would have gone in between it would also have had a title to give it (some) legitimacy.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 am

So much for Alberto Del Rio "headlining" Wrestlemania...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 am

Marky wrote:So much for Alberto Del Rio "headlining" Wrestlemania...

Yeah, well, something tells me his stock has fallen quite dramatically and rumours have it he's not happy about Sin Cara joining.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 am

Very interesting reading peoples views this morning. I was part of the chat last night and I have to say I kind of knew that this Mania would get slated immediatly....worse than Mania 9 though, definitly not. Overall I thought it was average, nothing better but nothing worse either. Obviously that is unacceptable given it is the grand daddy of them all..however surely we know by now not to expect much given the creative team behind WWE.

Heres my review if anyone is interested:

Negatives:

The burial of CORRE was hugely dissapointing; you would think following Nexus (under Barrett) burial a couple of months back that creative would read about and realise what a mistake they had made..but instead they do the exact same and bury the young lads all over again. Barrett must be spewing with fury this morning. 3 Minutes means they cant even claim that they came close to winning their first mania or anything. Not sure CORRE can go anywhere now..hardly like we can believe they are a legitimate force following that farce and a cobra ending strike is it!

Sheamus v Bryan - Could not believe this was not on the (tv) card. Massive potential to be a great match & following their brief but i thought fantastic match on RAW 2 weeks ago, I thought creative would be all over this. Once again the ball is dropped and instead we get cheap filler rudey poo such as Snoop Dog!! In the words of Miz...REALLY?!....REALLY!?

Edge v Del Rio - Ok this falls somewhere in the middle for me. I enjoyed the match..no classic but no rudey poo either. I had heard whispers that Vince had become unsure of Del Rio with regards the title in recent weeks. Yet I like many did think ADR was a sure fire to walk out of Mania with the title. However his time will come and im sure he will get his Mania moment down the line. Im glad Edge won as he had gone (i think) 0-4 in his last 4 manias & had yet to succesfully defend at the big one. Should of been given more time to showcase themselves however. Also im not sure where the feud goes from here. Christian must be gobsmacked that he has come back to the E and not even got a spot on Mania card!

THE CROWD - Now this is the big one for me. I know many people will say they can only feed of the entertainment/matches given to them..however I do disagree with this. I think the crowd are and should always be the once to fuel a match. If the crowd are into it then the wrestlers will always lift their game. Regardless of what was happening last night they just felt flat. I mentioned during the chat that my feelings are that these big arenas just dont seem to work. There are 70,000+ fans in their..yet no atmosphere or real noise!!

POSITIVES:

CODY/REY - 1st & best mention to these two stars. They put on a great match I felt & had it been between two of the so called 'bigger stars' I cant help but feel rave reviews would be given. Cody sold everything from Rey. There were some great spots...including the hugely impressive top rope suplex...my blood had gone to my head just sat their, god knows how poor Rey felt. It was also fantastic to see Cody go over! I love his new Gimmick & im also a fan of the new intro. Think he has shown he has the ability to go main event (definitly upper card) be interesting to see where he goes from here.

HHH/TAKER - Again a match I thoroughly enjoyed this. In terms of wrestling ability/action it wasnt a classic in the same mould as HBK's matches but it was never going to be. This was all about a 'fight'..the area where Triple H could exploit & had the potential to take the streak. Takers lariat...spanish announce table....cole mine all fantastic spotsin the match. But the HHH tombstone stole the show. When he landed that I marked out big time...as i said throughout..the one person big enough & with enough pull behind the scenes to take the streak was H..and when that landed I thought it was done & dusted. People have said the ending was weak but im not sure thats fair. I think we all know and are aware Taker isnt what he used to be..and so do creative so they play on that. Its getting harder for him to keep that streak and the ending was a good way to show that. He exploited one mistake and hung onto it with a move he hasnt used before. He couldnt go round landing chokeslams..tombstones left right and centre. So for me it was a good & valid ending to an enjoyable match. If he was legitamitly hurt then all the more impressive. If not HHH has something to play off if they wish to continue the feud..e.g.i walked out of mania whilst Taker couldnt.

RANDY/PUNK - Yes this was a little slow but still quite enjoyable. For all of Ortons non selling Punks actions and facial expressions were just priceless..that man is absolutle Gold. Is there anything he isnt good at?! As many have said im dissapointed he didnt get the win but like someone mentioned the wonderful thing about the RKO is it can be hit anytime..anywhere. These stars dont get enough credit for some of the stuff they do so im going to applaud both for that ending. The pressure Orton must be under when Punk comes off those ropes...he has a split second to grab that neck else spinal injury here we come. The feud will continue and I actually think Punk will end up on top come the end.

Ok to some shorter gripes and pluses. Cole match went on far too long..poor selling but then again he aint a wrestler. But again the skits such as his entrance...stone cold asking if he quit etc made up for it. Great stunner sell from Booker aswell..showing the new guard just how it is done. I enjoyed most of the Rock hosting..he had some funny backstage segments..especially with Mae. I didnt mind his speech as it got me buzzing for the evening..just a shame the same didnt happen at the stadium!! Snooki match whilst always a filler could have had more..if they wanted to up the match rating a little why didnt they just give more time to Ziggler & Morrison (fanastic Starship pain btw..always has a limelight moment).

Finally the ending. Well where to begin really...the match was slow...Cena failed miserably to sell as always. What was that bit with him falling over all about?! As mentioned why didnt they just have the rock come out after the bump!?...all in all hugely confusing. HOWEVER it did end with Cena without the gold...Miz with it & Rock on top so im not going to complain one bit about that!

If people & Vince cant understand why Cena is hated they only needed to watch last night. I do sometimes feel sorry for him but when he is as rudey poo as he was yesterday my pity turns to pure anger. The guy cant sell anything! I'll be the first to applaud his out of ring work ethic and what he gives to the company but he is the cause of his own downfall at times. He knows he was going to get booed..so what does he do...come out to that corny rudey poo at the start with a montage behind it which drags on longer than the champions..way to help put over young talent ey!! VINCE HAS TO TURN HIM HEEL NOW...HE MUST SURELY SEE WHAT WE DO!..perfect chance tonight to have Cena beat down The Rock..& do so without remorse and with the look of a heel. We know The Rock wont be at RAW for a few weeks following tonights so this is the perfect chance to give a legitmate as to why he wont & turn Cena heel in the process!

Just a side note...huge applaud must go to production office for their feud videos an hype videos...such as HHH/TAKER & in particular the Miz. Great work...perhaps Vince needs to look at handing them the writing roles for a while..sure they could do no worse!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:40 am

Owen10ozzy: Great article! I agree with everything you've said! Very Happy

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:54 am

King Beer wrote:Is Taker legit injured.

Read a detailed report says he collapsed and was out cold, apparently HHH tried to help but was waved away?

Just watched it again when HHH tombstoned Taker.
Taker was definately spiked right on his head.

Last edited by Y I Man on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 am

I was under the impression that Taker was the only one allowed to use a piledriver anymore, but I guess not

Maybe an illustration of why he should be?

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 am

i think it was just the height difference between the two. Taker wasnt far enough up and got wacked right on this head.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 am

Sarsippius wrote:I was under the impression that Taker was the only one allowed to use a piledriver anymore, but I guess not

Maybe an illustration of why he should be?

Undertaker and Kane are allowed to I believe. The problem is that Taker is taller than HHH so when HHH had him in position Taker's head was at Trips knee level, making it unsafe... This would have been different had Taker being doing it.

Was the ending a rework then? Maybe Taker wasn't able to move too much and perform the actual ending so they came up with that. My only guess for that was that had it been planned I would have expected them to go for HHH going unconscious instead of tapping out.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 am

I enjoyed Wrestlemania last night if I am honest.

Ive seen every Wrestlemania(be it live or on DVD) and for me this one ranked around the middle of all of them,nothing spectacular but still pretty good compared to other PPV's I have seen.

Cody and Rey was exceptional and I expect Rhodes to continue developing and can really see him getting the MITB briefcase this year.Was surprised he won but really enjoyed it.

Orton/Punk was well done for the most part.Fair enough Orton is not the greatest but Punk was sensational as per and the ending was entertaining.I think this feud will probably have a blow off at Extreme Rules depending on whether the Draft happens because otherwise I think they will be seperated.

I was disappointed not to see Bryan/Sheamus because I thought it had the potential for a sleeper but I suppose that was one ball dropped.

HHH/Taker was a brilliant match.I didnt think it was possible but I genuinely thought Triple H had taken the streak on two seperate occassions.I though the end was very good,reminded me of the UFC and no harm in that.I likened it to Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva,Silva got mauled but his ground game was so deadly that you can never rest back.Really enjoyed it and the aftermath seemed really genuine(might have been,havent ready any dirtsheets this morning).Seemed to signal that the Taker is losing his grip on this mortal coil and sets up nicely for next years WM.

Miz/Cena.Best parts where the videos at the beginning which were brilliant and of course,the ending.Fair enough it might not have made sense to people....BUT IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT MAKES SENSE...sorry,The Rock nailing Cena was the best way for Mania to end,because as the Rock rightly said it was exactly what the fans wanted.You could hear the crowd,Cena is done a face character in my opinion,if there was ever a time for Vince to push that big red button "John Cena-heel turn" then the time is now.
Do feel sorry for the Miz,because I like his character and he plays it well but for me last night was ruined by John Cena's performanceI mean Really?....who is this guy,I know he isnt gonna be demoted or anything because his is the cashcow but the guy is severely limited in the ring and last night proved it again.

The burial of the Corre sucked but at the same time they may get revenge on Smackdown.Immediately I thought it sucked but then I thought perhaps it is good for a storyline,The Corre will be fuming about being embarrassed so easily at Mania and will look for revenge in the coming weeks(Could be wrong though).

The World Title being the opener was strange but was a solid match and think the feud was legs yet.Wrecking the car at the end means Del Rio is gonna be pished and he is gonna come looking for revenge on Smackdown.Christian will no doubt find his way into this feud and a three way TLC or something at Extreme Rules is something that I would love to see.

All in all I would say it was about 7/10.some things lacked,I do miss the backstage interviews and angles but some of the matches were very good and overall I am not that disappointed to have paid for it.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramxel Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:21 am

Sarsippius wrote:I was under the impression that Taker was the only one allowed to use a piledriver anymore, but I guess not

It helps if your screwing the bosses daughter

Kramxel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:23 am

The ending did seem rushed. I would of thought Taker would of hit a couple of moves first before going for hellsgate. Maybes a bit more involvement with the sledgehammer was planned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 am

Heres 2 videos after matches last night.
Edge & Christian & Michael Cole

Wrestlinginc Click Here

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania Discussion - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS Empty Full WWE Wrestlemania 27 Review. - May contain Spoilers.

Post by Holymiky Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:31 am

Alright this is my first ever review so go easy, and i understand it may of already been done before i post this so here goes.

The Rock Intoduction Promo.

Ok so as always i thought The Rock was fantastic here. Everyone knows he can electrify a crowd and he did this brilliantly as always, just helped to grow my excitement about watching the show some more. Also i laughed at how there were people doing his stance in the crowd! Brilliant!

Edge (c) VS Alberto Del Rio For Fhe World Heavyweight Championship.

First off, Alberto Del Rios entrance was fantastic and he lapped it up completely. Interesting that this was the first match on the card too. There were some nice spots including some jumps off the top rope and the throw off the top rope from Del Rio on Edge and with that brang a very good match and spots were executed perfectly as far as i could see. Edge defending can mean a few things but who knows what is going to happen now i really think that he could be having his last massive reign as champion or Del Rio will pick it up at a later PPV, maybe Summer Slam or something? Let me know what you think on that one...Moving on. Oh and the Car segment at the end was pretty cool, it builds future heat! My Rating : 4/5.

Cody Rhodes VS Rey Mysterio.

Interesting new music for Cody and an interesting outfit that Rey was wearing! Not much reaction from the crowd for Rey when he was entering the ring and pandering to the crowd. I really liked the superplex type move off the top rope from Cody and the Moonsault from Rey and the other spots that made this match what it was, which was fantastic and i'm glad that Cody went over Rey. This will open up so many options after Wrestlemania for further storylines and may bring this one further. My Rating 4/5.

Snoop Dog Segment.

Although corny as hell, this made me laugh a bit in places and Hornswaggle rapping was funny too. Not what people probably wanted from Wrestlemania though.

The Corre VS Team Big Show.

Well can't say i was excited for this match as there was hardly any buildup like the other storylines, this one seemed thrown together as much as some of the others seemed it, they were more interesting to me. The match was average and pretty predictable, for me Team Big Show were always going to win from the off. I'm not sure what i predicted on another topic though. Who know's what's going to happen to The Corre after Wrestlemania, such a waste. The match was very quick and it was a fun ending but very average and that's probably because of it's length. My Rating 2/5.

The Rock Backstage Segment.

This was funny with the Mae Young part including Eve, then Steve Austin came and it was a mark out moment for me, although i am not old enough to remember the 2 of them properly they are both 2 of my idols and this was fantastic, the staredown. People predicted it but i still thought it was amazing.

Randy Orton VS CM Punk.

Like many on here i believe that Randy needs to be freshened up but i do think this match was good with some good spots throughout and very back and forth action which suits thier characters perfectly. Both looked impressive in this match, who knows where this is going to go from here but i sort of knew Orton would win but hoped Punk would win. Like i said, some good spots especially the superplex from Orton and the RKO that CM Punk slid out from and then the RKO from Orton to finish after CM Punk jumped off the top rope and to end a nice match. My Rating : 3/5.

Another Rock Backstage Segment.

Pretty cool but not doing any good for Cena's Babyface heat. Pretty funny segment though.

Michael Cole VS Jerry Lawler.

Pretty slow start to this one but in the end it was ok. Stunner from Stone Cold it was a quickish match and a bit boring to start with, hence the crowd reaction. The finish was good and the right result although i think everyone could of predicted it. It annoyed me that they got the GM involved but i suppose that also builds future heat and the fact that Josh Matthews got stunnered! Poor guy. Anyway it was an OK match overall, the celebrations after were better. My Rating : 1/5.

Undertaker VS HHH.

To start let me just say, 2 fantastic entrances. This match was fantastic for me, loads of spots and pinfalls and made it a real dramatic atmosphere. The climatic end was brilliant with the Hells Gate. So much back and forth action and while slow paced as a match, it was fantastic and i will defend it till i go blue in the face. Who knows where this will go now and what will happen next year come Mania. Brilliant match, well done HHH and Taker. My Rating : 5/5.

Team Snookie VS Team Vickie.

I admit this was a fun match but not very good, i enjoyed some spots and the athletisism of Snooki lol. Overall Satisfactory match but not really a Wrestlemania match! My Rating 1/5.

John Cena VS The Miz For the WWE Championship.

I'll try and not be bias for this one. The crowd was interesting obviously the adult/child split was the obvious thing. The match throughout was pretty good with some back and forth action. I don't know what it was but the crowd didn't seem too into this match for the most part ,well not as much as the HHH VS Taker match. They came alive towards the end and when the major spots started to happen. Interesting match all round and the ending...well...This was also good because i didn't think of a double count out but then Rocky got involved and it all fell into place. Restarting the match then interference towards the end from Rocky himself. I think we all saw the interference happening.

Summary.

To summarise, an all in all interesting Wrestlemania, plenty of open storylines and some closed, will be good to see RAW tonight to see what happens. Not the best Wrestlemania most likely but i thought it was awesome. Worth my time watching, people may not agree but oh well! I hope you all enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:43 am

Good honest review Milky thumbsup
Taker HHH definately stole the show.
The Corre match was just a joke. Good way to bury them!!

Raw tonight could be epic. Cant wait for the debut of Sin Cara.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 am

I honestly have to say, after sleeping on it, that the only match I enjoyed watching was HHH Taker.

The Cody Vs. Rey match was okay, but Rey was relying too much on hurricanranas. I was really impressed with Cody though. Glad to see him going over Rey. Someone mentioned last night that he was acting kind of like Mankind the way he was moving. I would probably go as a cross between Mankind and a good Abyss.

The backstage skits were pretty poor to be honest. What was Snoop doing there? I really don't see any point to it. Oh and why did they give Swoggle a rap? I thought he was supposed to be basically mute?

The best backstage section was the 20 second stare down between Rock and Austin.

All in all, and remember that this is my opinion only, a very poor Mania.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramxel Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 am

thanks for the heads up, hoping to try and find a download later for the taker, rhodes and cena matches later!

Kramxel

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 am

Reports saying there were no major injuries from last night. 'taker was just selling the beating he took. I wasn't that impressed with their match to be honest. They went too hard too early and then the match slowed way down to a standstill at times. I appreciate the story they were telling, I just think it could have been executed a bit better. I thought it was lazy booking if I'm being honest.

Meanwhile Kurt Angle was ranting on twitter on WWE stars using his moves. Remember Ken Shamrock Kurt? Anyway he sounded like a bitter ex-partner stalking their old flame and trying to pretend he doesn't love them anymore.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:22 am

I saw that, i think Orton fired back at him as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by greggschickenbake Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:25 am

Alberto Del Rio vs Edge

A very odd way to start Wrestlemania considering this is a World Heavyweight Championship match. Alberto Del Rio looked quite nervous imo, maybe rightly so, it was his first WM afterall. This match was decent but it would have been much better later in the card. I definitely would have put either Mysterio/Rhodes or Corre/Big Kane at the beginning. A few nice spots and I enjoyed the ending of the match but not the victory for Edge. ADR has to win at some stage, maybe Extreme Rules next month?

6/10

Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio

I thought this had the potential to steal the show and it almost did. A quick tempo start to the match, tbh, every match minus Miz/Cena had a fast beginning tempo. A back and forth match which not only put Cody over as a strong heel with a very bright future but also put Mysterio over, showing he can still have a great match even in the twilight of his career. The superplex especially was a brilliant spot. I'd like to see this rivalry continue for longer as I feel it has far more to offer. It was just a fantastic match.

8/10

Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston vs The Corre

What an absolute waste of a match and tbh, the biggest waste of the night by far. All in all, a complete squash match which showed The Corre to be as incompetent as Nicklas Bendtner in front of goal (no offence Arsenal fans). The Corre are built up only to be crushed down. A wasted chance and the worst match on the card. They have this on the main card but not Sheamus/Bryan?!

2/10

CM Punk vs Randy Orton

For all the criticism of Randy Orton, he certainly showed he can have a decent match. Then again, many people can have a decent match with CM Punk. A heated, personal build-up that showed in the ring. CM Punk was as brilliant as always playing the master heel. This guy really has it all. The injured knee factor was always gonna come into place and CM Punk definitely made the most of it, nice selling from both sides as well. The caught-RKO was nice but possibly becoming a tad bit overused. Overall, an enjoyable match between the two.

7/10

Michael Cole vs Jerry 'The King' Lawler

I've read the criticism of the match but I don't understand what you expected from it?! It's barely gonna be a wrestling classic. Wrestling wise, it was as terrible as Michael Cole trying to hurt you with his tip-toes in his orange partying outfit. Entertainment wise, however, it was brilliant. Michael Cole getting beaten in the Cole Mine by Lawler was funny as it was tragic (the Cole Mine would be in for more punishment). Michael Cole has clearly been trained in some basic moves but his selling was absolutely appalling. I haven't even mentioned SCSA and JR. As always, with the combination of them in a match especially at WM was top. The fact that JR commentated for the rest of the night was a god-send. SCSA was brilliant as always, more aggressive and hyped up than usual. Entertainment wise, this match was in the top 3 but in terms of any sort of Wrestling merit, it certainly lacked it. Fun to watch but for obvious reasons, it wasn't for the wrestling.

Wrestling 2/10 Entertainment 8/10

Triple H vs The Undertaker

Even though I didn't realise till after the PPV, THIS should have been the main event. Right from the get-go, it was competed at a fast and brutal pace. Triple H showed why he was 'The Cerebral Assassin' on this night and why The Undertaker is undefeated at Wrestlemania. Brilliant chemistry from both and some amazing spots including the spinebuster through the announce table. Once the match was returned to the ring, Triple H dominated showing his desire to take the streak and to 'kill' The Undertaker. I've never seen The Undertaker dominated in such fashion, especially in such a high-profile match. Kicking out of 3 pedigrees may have been an overkill but Triple H sold this match perfectly. His reactions were beyond priceless. Talk about, priceless reactions, how about Triple H not only having the nerve to use the tombstone but the reaction of Good 'ol JR was amazing. Even as the complete professional that JR is, even he can't help but mark out when Triple H tombstoned 'Taker. Idk whether the ending was improvised because The Undertaker was injured but either way, the match was truly fantastic. It may not have had the Wrestling expertise of Taker/HBK I and II but the brutality, aggression and story these both told certainly matched up to it. I hope The Undertaker isn't seriously injured though, it was a sad scene to see after the match.

9/10

Team Snooki vs Team LayCool

Certainly not much to say about this match, tbh, no-one cared after seeing HHH-Taker. I certainly didn't anyway. The match was quick and mostly painless. Seeing Snooki with that athleticism was surprising but apart from that, it was nothing special. Certainly would have preferred Morrison vs Ziggler with Snooki and Vickie Guerrero in their respective corners.

2.5/10

The Miz vs John Cena

Well, what is there to say about this. The bulls**t ending to the original match? The Rock's interference? I'm gonna start with John Cena. My mates pointed out that Cena didn't look interested at all. He was extremely sloppy all the way through and if this was the main event, then it was certainly a shambles. Miz/Cena have fought before and fought some pretty decent matches but this never started. No real chemistry and the crowd seemed disinterested throughout. Maybe exhausted from HHH-Taker? Maybe waiting for the inevitable interference from The Rock? It didn't have a main event feel for Wrestlemania in the slightest. The double-countout was shocking and as other posters have mentioned, why not bring The Rock in when the ref was down? I think most fans were expecting that. The rockbottom on Cena was something I thought I'd ever see. I'm glad The Miz retained but he still felt like a bit part in the middle of a dream fued.

5/10

Including The Rock as guest host and the backstage segments, I'm gonna give Wrestlemania 27 6-6.5/10 depending on how lenient you wanna be. One brilliant match and a few good ones but another missed opportunity it seems for the WWE. [b]

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 am

http://www.wweo.net/?movie=/info/1959/wrestlemania-xxvii

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:03 am

ok what happened to the Shamus and db match were did that go?
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:14 am

yarmouth blade wrote:ok what happened to the Shamus and db match were did that go?

Was held as a dark match under Lumberjack rules before descending into a battle royal apparently...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

After watching it i have decided that Snooki is a better wrestler than John Cena!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next