The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread

+17
ManUtdImy
Dr Gregory House MD
NickisBHAFC
Kid Vicious
hodge
owen10ozzy
Adam D
Bluebird_ccfc
Shot 21 LCFC
Crimey
JJJohnson
x12x
Samo
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
JamesLincs
Mr H
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread Empty The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jan - 13:34

Ok so the Road to Wrestlemania begins this Sunday at The Royal Rumble in what surely has to be one of the most unpredictable Wrestlemania cards in recent years. Although we'd all like to predict our cards I don't think anyone can say that a certain match is a lock at this stage. I thought Punk v HHH was as close to a lock as you can get but to be honest I'm not really sure.

Lets face it, the guy who has thrown any main event predictions into doubt is a certain Brock Lesnar. Ever since he declared himself as the Number 1 contender after the Royal Rumble the whole title picture is up in the air. Then there is the Elimination Chamber PPV. With only the one title to strive for it's sure to be a star studded Chamber but who will even be Champion going into the EC PPV let alone Wrestlemania. I can't imagine they'd throw away Lesnar's title shot on a free Raw episode so surely it will be at EC but then what will the Chamber match be for? It can't be to determine the new number 1 contender as the Rumble winner gets that accolade with there only being one title. I also can't believe that Brock Lesnar WON'T be winning the title. Surely they wouldn't have him lose in his title match before going into Wrestlemania looking weak?

So many scenarios to consider but if I had to put my neck on the line I'd go with -

Cena beats Orton for the title.
Batista wins the Rumble.
Chamber match is Cena vs Orton vs Punk vs Bryan vs Lesnar vs Sheamus. Lesnar wins the title.
Mania Main Event is Lesnar (c) vs Batista (RR winner) vs Cena (rematch clause)
Triple H vs Punk
Taker vs Bryan
Orton on the preshow.

What do you think will happen? Have the WWE booked themselves into knots by unifying the titles, allowing Lesnar to be No.1 contender and bringing back Batista? Do you think they even know what the Mania card will look like yet?

Personally I want Lesnar to go into Mania as champion. I’d also like to see a Chamber match where the winner gets a shot at The Streak.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread Empty Re: The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread

Post by JamesLincs Thu 23 Jan - 13:40

ill be happy to see a chamber match with bigger stars this year. for the last 5 or so years its been filled with midcarders, and with there now being only one title it should be 6 of the best. i hope its brutal too as we havent seen that side of the chamber since pg, and thats what the chamber was supposedly about when it was first introduced. always thought jericho sold the chamber the best. and id like to see a new champion crowned in the chamber too. how many title changed have we seen at the february ppv before? i dont actually know.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread Empty Re: The Road to Wrestlemania Discussion Thread

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 Jan - 14:05

I would love Lesnar as champion, but it needs to be explained by story. Otherwise, hes ending the story they've built and no one benefits. If Lesnar is gonna be champ then hes got to go against Punk again. Could still book Cena v Batista with Batista screwing Cena either at the Rumble or in the Chamber.

Then Bryan HHH and probably get away with Orton going mad after he loses his title and targeting Taker.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jan - 14:29

I like 3 of the 4 matches there Wilkerson Lover of Langston. I just don’t think anyone would or could buy into Orton being a believable threat to the streak and the match would be dull as dishwater.

I’ve ruled out the possibility of Punk winning the Rumble now, I just can’t see it.

I don’t know why they’d have Cena win the title only to drop it to Lesnar and given the current tension between Orton and The Authority you can easily see Lesnar challenging Orton, Orton asking The Authority to cancel Lesnar’s title shot but The Authority refuse. It fits. Which is why I expect Orton to retain against Cena and I’m leaning towards the idea of a Lesnar v Batista main event.

It’s the Chamber PPV which intrigues me most though

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jan - 15:23

You're right, so many scenarios, I hope im right on this but I just can't see Batista winning the Rumble, I think he was brought back to give a big name a big match for WrestleMania but I don't think he'll get the title match.

At first I was thinking Batista would run in the Orton/Cena match and screw Cena with a kinda Evolution-esque reunion, Flair managing Orton and Batista protcting him against the guy who drovr him out of the WWE 4 years ago (Cena) with HHH pulling the strings which would have led to Cena/Batista at Mania and Orton as Champ vs Rumble winner CM Punk.

Then after thinking about it, Lesnar/Punk has been my Mania lock since SummerSlam, I was sure these two would go again, so again I was thinking that Punk would win the Rumble and Cena woukd win the title off Orton at the event with Lesnar beating Cena for the belt at the Chamber...again if that happens id expect Batista to be involved in Cena losing in sone way to set up a match between them

Then you have the whole Daniel Bryan thing, a lot of people are saying HHH should face Punk, 2 years ago definitely, I think it definitely looks like HHH has manipulated circumstances against Punk so people wil think this is a potential match but for me no-one has been screwed by HHH more than Bryan so for me I think this will become the fued, I think the whole Punk thing has been instigated to throw people off the scent of him winning the Rumble.

So what happens with Randy Orton? If Batista stays face I'd fancy those two to hook up but I think it'd be a lower card match, as I'd expect Batista to win this one then I don't see the value in it because a win for Batista should take him into a feud with the World Champion post Mania, if its Punk or Bryan then I don't think a face vs face feud for the title in the new champs first defence would be the way to go, sooo I dont see Orton/Batista happening for that reason, I think a strong albeit low key win for Orton against Sheamus might have to suffice meaning he has started his rebuild after being dethroned.

Who gets Taker? Again its a take your pick from Lesnar, Orton or Cena, possibly Batista since they've went down the whole Mania re-match avenue with Taker and Taker always got the best out of big Dave

I know Bray Wyatt has been rumoured and all the little hints Wyatt has been giving in his promos about death etc... lead you to think its a possibility, I dont think Wyatt looks like a threat to the streak thougj, its all very well Taker putting you over within the match even in a losing effort but if there is no real threat to the streak before hand then I just dont see the value in that kind of match.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 23 Jan - 15:45

I hope you're right too. It would boil my pi$$ if Batista won the Rumble. I'm hoping that it's so predictable that it won't happen.

I also don't know how they can drag out the Punk/Authority storyline until Mania. It's already been in the works for a few weeks and Mania isn't until April 6th so that's 10 more episodes of Raw. I know Punk is good but there only so many 'The Authority hates me' promos he can cut. I'd much rather see Punk win the Rumble but have The Authority continue to be a thorn in his side whereby Kane says he still gets his Mania title shot if he beats him on Raw next week, which he does. Then HHH says he can still have his Mania title shot if he beats him at the Chamber, which he does. The Authority have done all they can to stop Punk headlining Mania by making him the number 1 entrant in the Rumble and making him beat Kane and HHH but he conquered them.

If the title is defended in the Chamber you could have Lesnar win it, then Punk v HHH is a decent co-main event on the card and we'd get Punk v Lesnar II at Mania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 23 Jan - 16:36

Mr H wrote:I hope you're right too. It would boil my pi$$ if Batista won the Rumble. I'm hoping that it's so predictable that it won't happen.

I was one of the few actually really excited by the prospect of a Batista return, but I really, REALLY dont want him to win the Rumble. There are so many other guys deserving of it, and who it would do more for long run. Its the last big thing that Punk hasnt won, he deserves it. Plus, Batista isnt good enough or big enough to join the elite 4 of '2 or more wins'.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jan - 18:41

I'd really like to see a Punk/HHH match in the roles they're in now but not at Elimination Chamber, if HHH were to be beaten at that PPV I feel it would diminished any win Bryan would get over him at WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 Jan - 18:52

Yeah, if Punk beats HHH then who really cares if Bryan does?

Id be tempted to say Lesnar can screw Punk at the Rumble. Maybe Punk makes it to the last 4 or 6 and Lesnar's music hits two minutes after the last man has come in. People think hes a surprise entrant but he just takes Punk out with Heyman in tow. Heyman did leave it open for him to go for Punk again.

The best part is that I think Punk and Bryan both have multiple options, as do all the main event men.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 Jan - 18:54

Mr H wrote:I like 3 of the 4 matches there Wilkerson Lover of Langston. I just don’t think anyone would or could buy into Orton being a believable threat to the streak and the match would be dull as dishwater.

Probably fair dahlin'. I suppose, if you could build up the other "main events" better then its probably worth it, considering most smarks dont consider anyone but Cena a threat and the normal crowd will buy most things. If they tell the story right then thats all that matters for me in the Taker feud.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 23 Jan - 22:26

If I booked the Rumble this is how I'd have done it.

Have a small tournament for the number 30 spot with both Punk and Bryan getting to the final but before the match have Lesnar take out Punk leaving Bryan as the default winner of the tournament but have HHH say there was a wildcard bringing out Batista saying the winner gets the spot, the loser has to come in first.

During the Rumble have Punk and Lesnar eliminate each other and have it come down to number one spot Daniel Bryan and number 30 spot Batista with Bryan winning somehow.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Thu 23 Jan - 23:59

Read on quite a few dirtsheets that Sting and WWE seem pretty close to sorting out a deal. Surely the only reason to bring him in would be to face Taker at Mania?

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Jan - 1:39

I would hope he wouldn't wrestle, he's nowhere near good enough to be in matches any more, never mind a big match. If he comes back, I hope it's just to be a very limited on-screen character, maybe one or two appearances.

It'll likely be a 'Legends deal' where they will use him to promote stuff, like releasing a DVD of his career, pushing the WCW parts of the WWE Network and the odd appearance.

For me, he's not relevant enough to a lot of the WWE fans to be of any use as a wrestler.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jan - 4:08

I don't necessarily think Sting has to be relevant to current WWE fans for a match with The Undertaker, the kiddies will get their parents to splash the cash anyway for this event, a sigbing like Sting woukd probably be used to entice older fans to purchase.

For what its worth I dont think he's good enough now, whens the last time he even took his top off?

Also, this rumour is pretty strong every single year, it must be slow news days at Dirt dot coms if they're saying all this crap again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 24 Jan - 10:04

Will the streak be broken and will Cena turn heel?

Sorry, just thought I would get the usual 2 Mania-time questions out the way.

No and no so lets not waste valuable forum space talking about it!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 24 Jan - 14:13

Id say Sting can only go for one WWE match and thats Taker. If he gets himself right then it could still be very good, even though Sting hasnt had a good match in so long. Its the occasion that'll make it seem better than it is. I'm all for it happening, and it would be a big way of them making money off Sting merch

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Jan - 14:54

I think the Sting/Taker match should have happened 10 years ago...Taker has shown he can still preform but Sting just hasn't...I saw him in a match with Matt Morgan and he put the Scorpian Deathlock on him and it was the WORST I've seen a submission "locked" in.

I think the audience for it is there but they'll be dissapointed...it'll be Brock v Goldberg all over again!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Fri 24 Jan - 17:21

I wouldn't be surprised if they split the titles again. All the talk in the promo's is of Brock, Batista and Cena going for the world heavyweight title, no mention of the wwe title? Or am I just reading into it to much?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Jan - 17:26

It's called the WWE World Heavyweight Title.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Fri 24 Jan - 17:33

Fair enough, wipes that idea out then.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jan - 18:10

Until they either introduce a new World Title or just drop the WHC then people are always going to suspect they might split the belts

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 24 Jan - 18:33

You cant say its over whilst they parade two titles

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 24 Jan - 18:35

xviperx wrote:I think the Sting/Taker match should have happened 10 years ago...Taker has shown he can still preform but Sting just hasn't...I saw him in a match with Matt Morgan and he put the Scorpian Deathlock on him and it was the WORST I've seen a submission "locked" in.

I think the audience for it is there but they'll be dissapointed...it'll be Brock v Goldberg all over again!

The audience wasnt there for Brock Goldberg though.

Also, whilst Sting can't go anymore, its not really fair to judge him on a submission move on Matt Morgan! He's not great anymore, and whilst Adam is gonna come screaming into this soon about WWE/TNA hypocrisy, Sting might pull it out of the bag for Taker if its a "last match" scenario. They will tell a story - Streak v Career most likely. It'll be obvious, but it will be the right story and it would have a special feel to it. Of all the Mania's, you do it at 30.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 24 Jan - 18:57

Hypocrites!!!

Only joking. I would like to see taker vs sting. I don't think it would be great but as a spectacle it would be great.

I don't think the match would suck, it just wouldn't be very fast.

I've never really liked sting and I hope he does have his last match v taker. He deserves a big send off irrespective of whether he's sucks for a few years now. He's still the biggest star never to be in a wwe ring.

Good luck to him.

The only thing I wouldn't want is for him to have one matchv the undertaker and then turn up back in TNA in 3 months.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Jan - 19:40

I don't think the WWE would allow that, I think if Sting signed with WWE he'd be signed up on a contract that would allow him to perform outside of WWE but only on the WWE's agreement, I don't think they'd let someone get Taker then have him use that to promote himself in a rival company like TNA.

On another note, has anyone thought about the possibility of John Cena (c) vs Brock Lesnar for the World Title? I think that has the stature to merit a Main Event spot, not that I'd want it too but I don't think it can be totally ruled out at the moment.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Jan - 19:54

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
xviperx wrote:I think the Sting/Taker match should have happened 10 years ago...Taker has shown he can still preform but Sting just hasn't...I saw him in a match with Matt Morgan and he put the Scorpian Deathlock on him and it was the WORST I've seen a submission "locked" in.

The audience wasnt there for Brock Goldberg though.

Also, whilst Sting can't go anymore, its not really fair to judge him on a submission move on Matt Morgan! He's not great anymore, and whilst Adam is gonna come screaming into this soon about WWE/TNA hypocrisy, Sting might pull it out of the bag for Taker if its a "last match" scenario. They will tell a story - Streak v Career most likely. It'll be obvious, but it will be the right story and it would have a special feel to it. Of all the Mania's, you do it at 30.

Would the audience be there for Sting v Taker? It's a match people have wanted for ages but with Lesnar's annual come back and Batista being on the show does Sting v Taker really still have the star power it did 5 or 10 years ago?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 24 Jan - 19:58

I think you underestimate wrestling nostalgia. And then Mania nostalgia. And then the draw of Taker. On a standard physical level I wouldnt want it, but I would take it over most options for Taker for the spectacle. The build would be so easy and WWE couldnt make it weird like they did with Punk last year. The footage from the old days would be used so brilliantly.

Considering more people mark for Taker than nearly anyone else, Batista is a consistent let down and Lesnar isnt a wow factor as much in his second year, Taker v Sting would be bigger than most matches WWE could put together

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Jan - 20:01

You're 100% right tbh, it would sell like crazy and I think my 11 year old self would mark out...I just think it'll come across like a bag of sh!t if it happens.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Fri 24 Jan - 23:05

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan for a third time at Wrestlemania is said to be "set in stone" according to recent reports.

I know dirtsheets talk rubbish half of the time and with Mania fast approaching there is so many red herrings but surely this isn't a legitimate possibility?

Would be a great waste of Daniel Bryan for me, regardless of whether there is decent chemistry between the two of them.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 24 Jan - 23:23

Well, Sheamus returning as a heel has long made sense to me. Face run had died, strong links to HHH. Bit of a damp squib, and I'd bet against it happening, but could still easily be worked. But then again, Bryan has been confirmed for about 6 matches this Mania according to the toilet sheets.

Friend of mine just told me hes read people calling Bryan's finisher the "solid knee +" which I enjoy as a pun

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 25 Jan - 0:00

Hahaha Solid Knee + is quite catchy due to its connotations

I can't see Bryan getting Sheamus, after their last Mania match though and knowing how WWE love to have a symbolic victory then Bryan beating the guy who beat him in 17 seconds could make sense, it has to be HHH or the World Title match for him though.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 27 Jan - 14:09

It's going to be:

Orton vs Batista = (Title) Batista Wins
HHH vs Punk = HHH Wins
Cena vs Wyatt = Cena wins burying Wyatt in the process.
Taker vs Brock = Taker wins with the Triangle Hold!
Bryan vs Sheamus = Knowing WWE...Sheamus wins!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 27 Jan - 14:14

if punk loses to that tw*t at mania, he will retire

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 27 Jan - 14:20

I fancy him telling WWE where to shove it anyway. Isn't his contract up in 6 months? I'd like to see him take a hiatus and for Bryan to follow suits. Think it will be the only way to show WWE that they need them to be honest.

The crowd chanting doesn't work...just fuels HHH to shove it to the smarks even more; though it's actually more than just smarks doing it now. I said it on chatbox last night...the WWE Universe is changing and has been for 18 months...the sooner Vince etc jump on board the better. If they carry on ignoring it I fancy WWE Network to slump very quickly....or just a full on fan riot to occur lol!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 27 Jan - 14:33

Can't see Triple H beating Punk, it would sour Punk very greatly if he were to ever consider returning if he doesn't sign a new contract. I know people say he could retire early, but I think he's got a few years left, especially if WWE offered him a clause in a contract where he wins the title/main events WM after a Rumble win etc.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 27 Jan - 14:42

hodge wrote:Can't see Triple H beating Punk, it would sour Punk very greatly if he were to ever consider returning if he doesn't sign a new contract. I know people say he could retire early, but I think he's got a few years left, especially if WWE offered him a clause in a contract where he wins the title/main events WM after a Rumble win etc.

As Dolphin says...I'm very pessimistic anyhow...but I really do now have a complete lack of faith when it comes to WWE. I don't think they care about Punk tbh (I remember reading an interview with him few weeks ago where he stated he has very little contact with HHH or the writers) ...if Batista is about for 2 years then I fully expect him/Cena/Orton at the forefront of all angles over the coming 12 months at least...with HHH thrown in during the main PPV (Mania & Summerslam).

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 27 Jan - 17:50

What about a Daniel Bryan v Batista feud?
Should be easy enough to write after last night.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 27 Jan - 18:58

Punk got booked quite wonderfully last night really. Final four and screwed out of it by Kane of the Authority who he had already eliminated earlier on.

Punk will win at Mania. Most likely he'll beat HHH. And he won't be heading into a feud with Kane at Mania, which is a funny suggestion i've seen over the past day. They dont build 3 months for most feuds, but they're going to suddenly make Kane and Punk a long story til Mania? Alright then

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 Jan - 19:28

Kane is just a story ark to where they want to go with Punk, anyone believing this will be a Mania match should be on it, they'd be bound to get some good odds

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 27 Jan - 21:31

CM Punk vs Kane at Elimination Chamber, Punk wins, then moves onto face the main main HHH. Wins. Punk has taken down the authority. Moves onto the WWE Champion.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 Jan - 22:32

Mr H wrote:I hope you're right too. It would boil my pi$$ if Batista won the Rumble. I'm hoping that it's so predictable that it won't happen.

I also don't know how they can drag out the Punk/Authority storyline until Mania. It's already been in the works for a few weeks and Mania isn't until April 6th so that's 10 more episodes of Raw. I know Punk is good but there only so many 'The Authority hates me' promos he can cut. I'd much rather see Punk win the Rumble but have The Authority continue to be a thorn in his side whereby Kane says he still gets his Mania title shot if he beats him on Raw next week, which he does. Then HHH says he can still have his Mania title shot if he beats him at the Chamber, which he does. The Authority have done all they can to stop Punk headlining Mania by making him the number 1 entrant in the Rumble and making him beat Kane and HHH but he conquered them.

If the title is defended in the Chamber you could have Lesnar win it, then Punk v HHH is a decent co-main event on the card and we'd get Punk v Lesnar II at Mania.

I owe you a jammy dodger shagger

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 Jan - 0:57

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Punk got booked quite wonderfully last night really. Final four and screwed out of it by Kane of the Authority who he had already eliminated earlier on.

Punk will win at Mania. Most likely he'll beat HHH. And he won't be heading into a feud with Kane at Mania, which is a funny suggestion i've seen over the past day. They dont build 3 months for most feuds, but they're going to suddenly make Kane and Punk a long story til Mania? Alright then

Not sure if I can agree with this, in theory your right, on paper he easily had the best run and will probably sound exceptional when repeated later on, but in terms of the match itself I have to say I was disappointed by Punk's involvement or rather lack of during his near 50 minute run.

Men who go from start to finish in the rumble generally are looked on to be the thread that holds the match together, I think that's why it's a spot reserved for the most elite workers like Flair, HBK, Benoit and to a lesser extent Mysterio and Orton (I'm deliberately excluding Vince and Austin in '99 from this as their were many shortcuts for them in that match, but they did hold a storyline thread that run through the match).

Punk did astonishingly little for me last night, to the point where I forgot he was there at times, sure his story was more about survival than dominance, but there was very little in the way of struggle or jeopardy for me, he seemed just to fade into the back ground, I think it speaks volumes that from the point he eliminated Kane to the point where he himself was eliminated, my main memory of him from last night was taking a hurricanrana from a midget in a bull costume.

I don't lay the blame totally at Punk's door, with the shear volume of guys running through, it's hard to shine unless you are booked to do so, he also had to deal with the dominance of the Shield for the majority of the match which overtook his story and essentially had him put in hiding until they had dealt with themselves.

I must admit even I can recognise there's more than a little bit of pedantry in this, I'm sure Punk's record in black and white will be a good thing for him, but in terms of a critique on his match performance, I don't think booking did any favours to make him a star of this match as he was a complete non-entity for 90% of it.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 28 Jan - 1:20

Well certainly a compelling opening to Raw

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Tue 28 Jan - 12:45

I don't know why but I have this strong feeling Sting will debut next week or at least be teased in a video package similar to that Undertaker one in January of 2011. I was looking at where RAW is next week and it happens to be from Omaha where Sting currently resides. One can dream...

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 28 Jan - 15:18

ManUtdImy wrote:I don't know why but I have this strong feeling Sting will debut next week or at least be teased in a video package similar to that Undertaker one in January of 2011. I was looking at where RAW is next week and it happens to be from Omaha where Sting currently resides. One can dream...

Omaha? Somewhere in middle America?

In all seriousness, that song contains the following lines:

"Start tearing the old man down" and  "In the middle of the night, there's an old man treading around in the gathered rain" so clearly:

"IT'S STING! IT'S STIIIIIIING!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Tue 28 Jan - 18:40

Yeah I don't know anything about Omaha and am basing it solely on the fact Steve Borden loves there  Whistle IF he was to debut it would be in one of the major cities where he would get a great pop or at a PPV

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Jan - 22:06

Well, Sting has had his contract ripped up in TNA (in the show, I hasten to add)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Tue 28 Jan - 22:18

Yeah I am confused about that, I heard he was wrestling for them without being contracted to TNA anyway the last few weeks?

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 29 Jan - 14:00

ManUtdImy wrote:I was looking at where RAW is next week and it happens to be from Omaha
If there's not a cameo from Peyton Manning I'll be heartily disappointed.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 29 Jan - 14:56

ManUtdImy wrote:Yeah I am confused about that, I heard he was wrestling for them without being contracted to TNA anyway the last few weeks?

You sure you're not mixing him up with AJ Styles?

That said, they could have just done the same thing and asked him to continue until they could figure out a decent send-off.

Actually, I'm a bit confused myself. WWE offered Styles (a guy still at the top of his game, more or less) an apparently derisory contract which he blew off in favour of ROH. Yet they're willing...if the rumours are true...to offer Sting (10+ years older and who hasn't had a "serious" match in over a year) a decent amount of money to sign for them...

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next