The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

+19
KDS128
ncfc_Tooze
Marky
Dx Dan.
The Dashing One
Holymiky
Kay Fabe
whatwindturbine
Jammy31
talkingpoint
Fernando
Legend
theanimal316
theundisputedY2D2
Kaiser
Lex-Express
ADMIN
AberdeenSteve
Hegzy
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread Empty The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by Guest Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:55 pm

I thought that we should have this thread so that we can all go on this journey together and in one place.
It would make great reading in the build up to the grand daddy of them all where we can all discuss how things might pan out with our hopes and expectations.

The journey started at the Royal Rumble and Del Rio has already got the finish line.
This last week we saw The Rock return to be guest host at Wrestlemania and in an instant has put his stamp on proceedings.

After a disappointing Elimination Chamber PPV the road to Wrestlemania certainly gets underway on Raw tonight. With the unvailing of the 21/02/11 promo's will things start to become apparent?

This the most exciting time in the WWE calendar and I cant wait for the weeks ahead.
Let the road to Wrestlemania begin!

Last edited by Enforcer on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made it unsticky)

Back to top Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread Empty Re: The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by Hegzy Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:23 pm

38 days til i leave for Atlanta to witness my first live Wrestlemania. Cannot wait is an understatement.
As the weeks go on and we learn more and more about this years WM can't help but get excited about it.
Really liking the HHHvTaker match as HHH has been my favourite from i was a kid. And the only man (apart from Super Cena) who could believably take the streak, altho it wont happen.
Really diggin' Punk at the moment though and hope hes not squashed at Mania by Orton.
Cena v Miz, there's only one winner there tbh.
And if Del Rio wins the WHC that would just be smashing thumbsup

All in all, this time of year is great for us wrasslin fans. :606laugh:

Hegzy

Back to top Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread Empty Re: The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 22 Feb 2011, 10:30 am

Thought about starting a new thread but quite like the idea you have here YI so I'll take up my view on here seeing as it is about Wrestlemania.

I created a thread a few days back about the shockingly low standard of attention that the US & IC titles are getting at the moment. Kingston is in a feud with someone who won't challenge whilst Bryan hasn't defended since god knows when.

With these two titles being sent into a black hole I'd imagine that the sensible thing would be to unify them at Wrestlemania with Bryan V Kingston which in my eyes would be an awesome match. However, Bryan & Kingston keep getting mentioned with the MITB ladder match if it goes ahead this year at Mania.

What is the best option? An awesome match between Kingston & Bryan or them being the other guys in the MITB match?

Cheers for any replies thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Feb 2011, 12:06 pm

Bryan would be a good opponent for Kofi actually, would hopefully keep him in check and limit the botching.
Looking though increasingly unlikely that they are merging the titles at Mania.
Kofi for me is crying out for a decent spokesperson, with Booker back I’d love to see him take Kofi under his wing and be a mentor like figure for him.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 22 Feb 2011, 12:28 pm

So are we gonna get Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole at mania?

I dont think thats gonna happen, cole will weasel out of it..but I do think well get Lawler v A-ri, who of course will be fighting for Coles honor

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 22 Feb 2011, 2:59 pm

or... just a thought cole comes out an says he has a replacment for himself in the match as he is hurt....drumm role please

music hits and out walks awsome kong who then takes all of 10 minutes to throw jerry lawler around the ring for fun :606laugh:

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Feb 2011, 3:04 pm

Lawler would love that

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 22 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

To a certain degree, it could be an opportunity to see if A-Ri is up to much. Ok it is Lawler but he wasn't that bad at EC and it gives the WWE an opportunity to give A-Ri a clean win?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 10:50 am

I think it'll be Lawler v Alex Riley with the stipulation that if the King wins he gets 5 minutes with Michael Cole.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hegzy Thu 24 Feb 2011, 6:03 pm

Got my WM tickets today, GET IN!! king

Hegzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

Personally id like to see Lawler v Cole at WM. But for a swerve id like to see Miz come to the ring and pretend to help Cole, only to turn his back on him.

Cole is getting more involved these days, and that would be the perfect way to build up another story after WM.

The IC & USA belts are a joke at the moment. I dont like the idea of unifying them because of the history they both have. But come on WWE, get your act together, get Bryan & Kofi in respective feuds and put both titles on the line.

Taker v HHH is 100% gonna happen. But will HBK be involved in some way?

And will WM have a MITB? im assuming yes. So id expect some qualifiers coming up over the next couple of weeks. My tip would be JOMO to win MITB, hes got so much to give in the ring (as shown at EC) and hes deserving of a shot on the big stage.

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 24 Feb 2011, 6:27 pm

I like that idea YI man of Miz turning his back on Cole. But would that maybe get some fans on the Miz's side and lessen the heat he gets when he comes out for his title match? Or would having him already come out during WM make him get less heat? Could be one way to turn Miz into a tweener.

Hope there is no MITB, I'm hoping to go to the MITB ppv. It in Chicago and thats wheer I'll be working for the next 6 months.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

i think by turning on Cole it would make Miz to be an even bigger heel, bearing in mind Cole worships him.
To take Miz to the next level i would even have him turn on A-Ri after A-Ri costs him a match by interferring. Make him a huge heel and go it alone.
Would certainly add something new to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 25 Feb 2011, 8:44 am

The Miz could definitely do with going it alone, he doesn't need a man slave & a gushing fanboy. Turning on Alex Riley might keep the Miz heel but if he ditched Michael Cole he'd definitely get pops for it, same way if Dolph Ziggler ditched Vickie Guerrero for someone like Kaitlyn he'd most likely get cheered for it.

To be honest I think WWE should capitalise on Cole's heat and have him become a full time manager for the Miz. Tone down the fawning over him, get rid of Riley and it could be magic. I just think that they're wasting a really good opportunity by having Cole announcing. Bring back Jim Ross for 6 months to a year to commentate, then when you're ready to turn Miz face Cole can go back to play by play. Unless he's getting Vickie levels of heat, then get him a new client to feud with the Miz.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 25 Feb 2011, 10:00 pm

How about the tag team titles match?

I can see a Corre v Nexus match and with husky Harris out injured the titles could be on the line in a 4 on 4 match. Then the tag titles can be held as a team trophy rather than just for two of the team. This would of course be until they have to be defended against another tag team.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 25 Feb 2011, 10:03 pm

im very looking forward to wm.

considering doing a blog while im out there.

husky harris isnt injured , management aren't happy with him so they've dropped him back to fcw with michael tarver

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Fri 25 Feb 2011, 10:05 pm

No fernando, I mean kayfabe injured, but basically that he is no longer in Nexus or at least won't be back before wm
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 26 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

the card is shaping up nicely, so far it looks like we'll have:

Mid card:

Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio
CM Punk v Randy Orton

Upper card:

WHC match: Edge (c) v Del Rio
WWE title match: Miz (c) v Cena
Career v Streak: Taker v HHH

Although I was initially disppointed that Sting never made his WWE debut; I think the Taker/HHH match will be brilliant. Both men have a history with one another as they have faced off at Mania once before and if this is to be HHH last ever Mania then I know he will want to go out all guns blazing. I have confidence that both men will put on a spectacular performance, even though I don't want to hype it out of all proportion. It was the best match the WWE could have booked considering Sting's reluctance to join the WWE and the only match considering both their reputations that makes sense.

As for the two title matches it is a change from previous years where you had already established former champions and main eventers such as Jericho, Edge, HHH, Orton, Cena, Batista etc This year seems to be the year of the new generation and I think we will look back on WM27 as a pivotal Mania in the future course the WWE takes. I know practically everyone thinks Cena will walk away with the title like he seems to always do at Mania but I have a feeling Cena will put Miz over, although I am not so confident it will be cleanly.

As for Edge v Del Rio I would still like my dream scenario of Ziggler winning MITB then cashing it on Edge. However even if that doesn't happen I have a feeling Edge will retain.

As for the mid card both matches if they are confirmed have the potential to be very good matches in their own right. Again I think it is significant even if he loses that Rhodes is facing Mysterio - last year he faced Punk who was already a X3 world champion. Rhodes hasn't even won a singles title yet! I think that is a positive move. CM Punk v Randy Orton I'm sure will have a big match feel about it even if they're not fighting for the WWE title just because both are main eventers and former champions. I would suspect Orton will win but I am sure it will be a good match, Punk seems to be able to carry people well; I have enjoyed his matches against Cena recently and think he will sell any winning RKO well.

Then of course we have the special guest host the Rock, whether he gets involved in Cena's match is another thing but even just his presence there will give Mania a star quality to it and as we all know Rock can cut an awesome promo I'm sure he will entertain come what may.

So all in all this Mania is shaping up well and already I am excited about it. By April 3 once all the card has been confirmed and the promos and hype job is all over I know this will be one of the most eagerly awaited Mania's in a long time. 8)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 26 Feb 2011, 7:53 pm

Questions:

1. Will either Sheamus or MacIntyre feature on the WM27 card? If so who will there opponents be? It seems odd that two of last year's 'brightest' new superstars don't have a feud yet and seem to be in mid card purgatory!

2. Will we see a Wade Barrett v Big Show match?

3. Will the rest of Corre and Nexus feature at WM27?

4. If Sting definitely retires for good at Bound for Glory this year will WWE try and induct him next year at WM28?

5. Will WWE ever release a Sting DVD even if they won't have the man himself to do a documentary with?

6. If HHH v Taker is career v streak and HHH loses will we see another HHH DVD released? There is still plenty of material that could go into a second HHH DVD and I for one would like to see some of his other feuds and matches on a new DVD, especially if this really is the end of his in ring career.

7. The last we heard a new contract was 90% complete with Jericho; is there a chance he will make an appearance before or during WM27? I for one doubt he will be back soon - he seems focussed on his other projects and even if he was to resign with the WWE before Mania his logical opponent, Orton, is in a match against Punk (or at least it looks that way). If the Punk v Orton match goes ahead the only way I can see Jericho being involved is if he interrupts and costs Orton the match. But I don't like that idea as Punk would not have a clean win in that case.

8. Will there be a MITB ladder match this year as WWE have now introduced the MITB PPV?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 27 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

1. Yes in MITB

2. Yes

3. Corre will assist v Big Show, Nexus will feature v Orton

4. Yes

5. Yes, it'll not be hugely complimentary though if he refuses to take part in it ala Warrior.

6. More than likely

7. No, latest interview I saw stated at the moment there's too many other big returns so he'd be lost in the mire. I can see him returning around the draft though.

8. Yes as stated above, I also believe this time it'll be cashed in on the night.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 27 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

Any idea if the Taker v HHH as actually been announced?

I was on the WWE website earlier and the y're advertising it yet there has been no real promo by either Taker or Hunter? Or have I seriously missed something? Crying or Very sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:09 pm

im expecting something announced tomorrow night on Raw, with time running out they have to get a move on for this feud to gain some credibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 11:53 am

The thing is, this match is surely the end for HHH? Because you're not telling me they are going to let Undertaker lose. I mean, when it comes to his 20th WM they're bound to let him win and then retire with a clean WM record.

So, is the result inevitable or could they somehow keep H in and Taker's streak clean?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:00 pm

I'm still unsure if I'm sold on HHH - Taker; Neither will have had much wrestling leading up to the much and surely that'll limit it? I can see lots of Spinebusters leading to both men down for a while... I guess maybe the flip side of that is if the match is shorter it frees up time for a MITB match...

In response to Jammy31 the only way I can see it panning out with HHH sticking around is as GM - if Sheamus stays on Raw he can then get revenge on him that way which would mean they acknowledge the previous feud and Sheamus putting HHH out.

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:02 pm

whatwindturbine wrote:In response to Jammy31 the only way I can see it panning out with HHH sticking around is as GM - if Sheamus stays on Raw he can then get revenge on him that way which would mean they acknowledge the previous feud and Sheamus putting HHH out.

Oh, yeah, I can see what you mean. But would HHH maybe have the odd match here and there? Like Jerry Lawler?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

Not sure Jammy - maybe in a similar way to HBK this year - When he came out to give Sweet Chin Music to Del Rio? However if it ends up being Streak v Career I'd feel a little cheated if he came back for matches a la Lawler. Probably will see him on-screen as an authority figure giving the odd Pedigree if this is what happens. What could you see happening?

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

Does anyone see Kevin Nash making an appearance at WrestleMania. After all he is signed onto a five year contract and even took part in the Royal rumble match. What do you think?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Mon 28 Feb 2011, 1:35 pm

whatwindturbine wrote:In response to Jammy31 the only way I can see it panning out with HHH sticking around is as GM

But then that would destroy the only explanation for those legs stepping out of the limo a few weeks ago Sad
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 28 Feb 2011, 6:29 pm

I think he will retire backstage and stay in the main office, especially with his position in the MacMahon family, as well as being a father himself!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

Im finally getting round to watching Raw this week (dont have sky+ boo)
Whats your thoughts on the Orton Punk match at Wrestlemania?

If its one on one it has to the potential to be great. I cant see past an Orton win at the moment though. Could this match result in the end of Nexus as we know it, or will nexus still be around after it?

All in all, it should be a cracking match at the grand daddy of them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:53 pm

Part of me hopes the nexus are disbanded after this, then that way Mason Ryan can become another dominant force in the WWE.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

I think Orton will win too; Punk is an amazing heel but as such he doesn't get many big victories at PPVs. The more I watch Punk the more I am in awe of him; he is such a great prospect - there are enough years left in him to help up an coming main eventers, particularly faces with which to feud with, as well as another world title reign or two.

Personally I hope Punk will either turn face or (more likely) tweener in the near future and go on and win the world/wwe title at a future mania. Punk deserves to win the big one at the grandest stage of them all. The WWE should definitely reward him for his loyalty and committment to putting over other talent.

Oh and yes I hope Nexus disbands shortly after Mania, it will eventually hold every member back.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:20 pm

im not sure about turning Punk face, he works so much better on the mike as a heel. The heat he draws with his cocky attitude works his character so well.

But does he always need a stable behind him? If and when Nexus disband can he take it to the next level and go it alone?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Mar 2011, 12:19 am

The one thing I'm noticing with the Rock return is have they forgot that Miz is the champ?

He's become an afterthought whilst everyone talks about Rock & Cena's rivalry.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:40 am

The Miz would have been an afterthought with or without the Rock's involvement. As it is he looks in way over his head and comes across as a guy who isn't worthy enough to share screen time with the Rock or John Cena, let alone defend the WWE title at Wrestlemania.

I'm not blaming the Miz for that at all, but if they were going to bring up the Rock & John Cena's previous beef then the third man should have been someone who could get between them and become a factor in the feud.

Right now the Miz comes across as an attention starved kid jumping around in the background shouting "Hey! Look at me! Look at me! See what I'm doing! Hey!" whilst all the adults ignore him. As I said, it's not his fault it's just the way he's been booked and the fact that he doesn't come across as someone who deserves to share the spotlight with the Rock and John Cena.

Because of the way the Miz has been booked so far, part of me thinks they might pull a Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 24. No-one gave him a hope in hell of coming away with the WWE title but he did.

But mostly I think that there will be a Rock/Cena hugfest after the Rock helps Cena win the title or saves him from a beatdown.

Really hope I'm wrong on that one though.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:44 am

I can see a Rock/Austin moment. Rock will shake his hand, Cena will got to walk away and then Rock will pull him back and hit a Rock Bottom.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:49 am

That would be epic KB! Yahoo

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2011, 1:55 pm

🍺

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 05 Mar 2011, 10:33 am

will the Jerry Lawler/Cole match be a bit of comedy light relief and otherwise quite enjoyable or will it just be cringeworthy like the Bret Hart/Macmahon match last year?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 05 Mar 2011, 1:01 pm

Difficult question to answer their talkingpoint. However, if they go down the comedy route then what does it say about poor Jack Swagger? He is heading down a very slippery slope.

What are everyones views on the Mysterio v Rhodes match at Mania? You reckon Mysterio will put Rhodes over or will it be a Rey Rey win due to the whole involvement of the mask!?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 05 Mar 2011, 2:32 pm

Rey is a sure bet to win imo; Rhodes is the heel (as always) and Rey's mask is sacred to him; there's no way Mysterio would actually let him demask him and reveal his face before the entire WWE universe. Saying that I do think it will be quite a good match and think this could be the start of a push for Cody on SD.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 05 Mar 2011, 3:10 pm

But the question is, does Cody have the character to continue this push? I think he could carry it for about a month or so, and then he'd fade back into Mid Card obscurity.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 06 Mar 2011, 5:32 pm

Fair point there Jammy, the WWE have never really given him much of a story line whilst being on his own so will be interesting to see if he'll carry on after Wrestlemania as a high mid carder.

Match card is looking pretty good so far though.

If they were to do a MITB, surely the qualification matches would start soon? Or does everyone believe there won't be one?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:15 pm

I was wondering about the exact same thing aberdeensteve I guess we'll find out tomorrow on Raw if they will have qualifying matches - they surely can't leave them much later.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:21 pm

there has to be MITB at Mania, at the MITB ppv the winner doesnt get a title shot, the match is for the belt lol, unless they are going to change it.

I love MITB at mania, so many good spots. If there is one, JoMo gets my vote to win it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

Rhodes comes in for a fair bit of stick from the IWC, but I actually rate him, much preferred him when in Legacy compared to Dibiase (even when everyone else was crying out that Dibiase would be the star).

I really hope there's a MITB at Mania, it's a great match for OMG moments and could really get JoMo over.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:31 pm

I havnt really taken to Cody, i think those grooming tips about how to brush my teeth placed the final nail in the coffin.

The guy has got talent, no doubt, but in my opinion he needs to ditch the dashing gimmick and become more heel. Hopefully his match with Rey & the feud arrising therefrom could be the start of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 06 Mar 2011, 10:35 pm

It's not the best gimmick in the world but at least it shows they care about him.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 9:02 am

Looks like there might not be a MITB match at Wrestlemania this year.

Of course plans could (and in some cases will) change but right now the rumoured line up, on top of what we already have:

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly & Trish Stratus v Dolph Ziggler & LayCool

The Corre (Barrett, Jackson, Gabriel, Julianne Moore) v Christian, Big Show, Kane & Kofi Kingston.

Daniel Bryan v Sheamus for the US title (Sheamus possibly having the Bellas in his corner).

A random Diva's match. (No, not Awesome Kong, she's gonna debut after Wrestlemania).

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:26 am

JoMo and Ziggler fighting with woman? Oh dear oh dear oh dear Sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next