The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

+19
KDS128
ncfc_Tooze
Marky
Dx Dan.
The Dashing One
Holymiky
Kay Fabe
whatwindturbine
Jammy31
talkingpoint
Fernando
Legend
theanimal316
theundisputedY2D2
Kaiser
Lex-Express
ADMIN
AberdeenSteve
Hegzy
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread - Page 2 Empty The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by Guest Mon 21 Feb 2011, 8:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought that we should have this thread so that we can all go on this journey together and in one place.
It would make great reading in the build up to the grand daddy of them all where we can all discuss how things might pan out with our hopes and expectations.

The journey started at the Royal Rumble and Del Rio has already got the finish line.
This last week we saw The Rock return to be guest host at Wrestlemania and in an instant has put his stamp on proceedings.

After a disappointing Elimination Chamber PPV the road to Wrestlemania certainly gets underway on Raw tonight. With the unvailing of the 21/02/11 promo's will things start to become apparent?

This the most exciting time in the WWE calendar and I cant wait for the weeks ahead.
Let the road to Wrestlemania begin!

Last edited by Enforcer on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made it unsticky)

Back to top Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:36 am

Yeah seems kind of odd that 2 of the favourites if there had been an MITB match would be used like this on the biggest card of the year.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Road to Wrestlemania Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

It has just been broken to me that I am off the Monday after Wrestlemania. I will be staying up with you all to watch it Erm

So, what match is everyone looking forward to the most?

Me, CM Punk v Randy Orton. Best match on the card IMO and Punk will once again steal the show thumbsup

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:33 pm

Punk v Orton really has the potential to be a show stealer but it depends how long they give the match. I reckon they'll only give it 10 minutes, but nevertheless Punk still has enough time in 10 minutes to display his magic.

I am also looking forward to the Taker/HHH match; I know its going to be very different from Taker/HBK but I still think both men will want to put on a great performance.

8)

I think Edge v Del Rio has more potential than Miz v Cena however I think the WWE title match could involve some controversy and hopefully create a nice wrestlemania moment with the Miz going over Cena.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2011, 8:40 pm

Punk Orton could be this years wrestlemania moment. I hope they do give it more that 10 mins though. With a good back & forth match it will keep the audience off their seats with lots of near falls.

Im not sure if i would like to see a stipulation added in that match, it would open the door for Nexus to be involved (even though they might be banned from ringside) but it could add something a little bit extra special to it.

Edge Del Rio should also be a classic. Del Rio's 1st mania with a load of moves up his sleeve, and Edge the master of reversals. 2 Brilliant matches.

Not so keen on Cena Miz yet, im more looking forward to seeing what the rock might do, rather than the result of the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 16 Mar 2011, 10:26 am

What kind of Host do you think the Rock will be? Is he just going to come out for the WWE title match? Is he going to open the PPV with a promo? Will he end the PPV with a promo? Will he commentate on any of the matches? Will he be the guest MC for all the main events? WWE aren't giving much away at the moment.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 16 Mar 2011, 11:32 am

talkingpoint wrote:What kind of Host do you think the Rock will be? Is he just going to come out for the WWE title match? Is he going to open the PPV with a promo? Will he end the PPV with a promo? Will he commentate on any of the matches? Will he be the guest MC for all the main events? WWE aren't giving much away at the moment.

I think he'll probably come out at the start and cut a promo then throughout the night he'll be involved in a few backstage skits, one with Stone Cold is a must. Then he might be the guy who announces the 'official' (*inflated*) attendance before whatever his involvement in the Miz/Cena match is. If he is going to play a part in the match or rescue Cena from a beatdown then you'd think this would end the night, but the word now is that the Taker/Game-uhh match will close the show.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2011, 10:02 pm

With the biggest show on the wrestling calander a little over 2 weeks away, what are you doing this year for your mania party?

A big party with the mates round, just you and the Mrs or a quiet affair?
Are going to mania? (cough nando lucky boy)

Whats your plans for this years Mania Party?

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Mar 2011, 1:48 pm

Me and the younger brother will be staying up to watch it. Get a few beers in too! I always love Wrestlemania night Smile

I was thinking the other day about the whole Sheamus v HHH feud that never happened. Does anyone believe that the WWE may have done a quick revenge to take the fans eye off the ball after his beat down on RAW? Then come Mania throw a huge curve ball and have Sheamus come out and cost HHH the match? Therefore the feud does get it's proper air time - most likely ending at Extreme Rules in a Last Man Standing match or something along those lines. Just a thought - anyone else think otherwise?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 20 Mar 2011, 2:05 pm

I don't want history to repeat itself - HHH & Sheamus had a match at extreme rules last year. I think the feud can wait and be put on the back burner.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2011, 11:08 pm

a little over one week to go till the big one.
Get the drink & the munchies in, book the Monday off work.
It only happens once a year.
Mania is almost upon us, nearly time for the Wrestlemania Party & live chat on v2 !!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:22 am

Christian is on his A game on SD! its madness he isn't in the title match, he is the only guy keeping the feud hot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 26 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

considering the 8 man tag match between the Corre and Big Show, Kane, Christian and Kingston doesn't look like its happening now it would be a shame if Christian was left off of the card.

However I think if Christian was to make it a triple threat match for the WHC it would strongly suggest Del Rio would win - I doubt very much Christian would pin Edge unless he was going for a heel turn and I don't think Christian would get the better of Del Rio for the third week in a row. Besides everyone knows Vince doesn't think Christian is world champ material.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 26 Mar 2011, 1:09 pm

I don't know that!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

This time next week we will be having conversations on the matches that took place at the 27th Wrestlemania.

Are we all in Wrestlemania mode?

Few questions:

The first of which if I am being an idiot please say but after watching WWE Afterburn this week they were advertising matches for the Wrestlemania Revenge Tour in the UK.
Now of these matches they advertised the WWE championship match at the live RAW in London with The Miz still being WWE champion. But they also advertised an Edge v Del Rio match. This doesn't seem weird but there was no mention of the title!? Probably reading too much into it but hey ho.

Second question, will there be the involvement of any blood or extreme moments in the Undertaker v HHH match? The WWE seemed to have allowed a lot more violence in their recent RAW/SD episodes and I just wonder if they will allow this in the "No Holds Barred" match?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 28 Mar 2011, 1:34 pm

I am pumped for Wrestlemania man!

In regards to blood, there should only be blood in meaningful matches like this so there could be, just due to the storyline behind the match itself.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Mon 28 Mar 2011, 4:21 pm

I'm going to miss Wrestlemania as i'm taking me lass to see Katy Perry and were staying out....bad timing Katy!!!

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 28 Mar 2011, 5:32 pm

I think they should allow blood in the NHB match because it would make it far more epic.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 29 Mar 2011, 9:30 am

Totally agree about the blood, it would really do the whole 'die trying' thing justice if both men are covered in blood at the end of match.
Also, Trips wears the crimson mask so damn well! Smile

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 29 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

Full card (and my predictions);

Guest Host: The Rock

WWE Title match: The Miz (c) v John Cena - Miz to win after Rock attacks Cena, Miz escapes with the title

World Title match: Edge (c) v Alberto Del Rio - Edge to retain in questionable circumstances, Del Rio to get a rematch at a later date

US Title match: Sheamus (c) v Daniel Bryan - Sheamus to retain, barely.

Undertaker v Triple H, No Holds Barred - Triple H set to win, Shawn Michaels interferes and Undertaker wins

CM Punk v Randy Orton - Orton to pull out the win from nowhere via RKO

The Corre (Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson) v Big Show, Kane, Vladimir Koslov and Santino Marella - The Corre to win via cheating

Michael Cole w/Jack Swagger v Jerry Lawler, Stone Cold Steve Austin as Special Guest Referee - Lawler to win clean after Austin takes care of Swagger

John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki v Dolph Ziggler and LayCool w/Vickie Guerrero - Team Snooki to win clean

Rey Mysterio v "Dashing" Cody Rhodes - Mysterio to win clean

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hegzy Thu 31 Mar 2011, 9:35 am

Off to catch my flight in a few hours.
My first WrestleMania. Yahoo

Cannot wait is an understatement. Very Happy

Hegzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

Warning this post may contain an exessive use of Emoticons

Wrestlemania Weekend starts now baby!!!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 🍺

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 02 Apr 2011, 12:28 pm

Beers in the fridge, munchies bought, PPV ordered.

I AM IN THE MOOD

Anyone think there will be any major surprises tomorrow night?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 02 Apr 2011, 1:08 pm

I reckon there might be a couple; I can't wait after 3 months it's finally here! Yahoo

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 7:34 pm

After reading the predictions for Mania the majority have gone for HBK to superkick HHH by mistake. (including me)

If this happens, do you think it would lead to any future storylines?
Although HBK has retired from the ring, could he still be kept on screen in some capacity after Mania?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 02 Apr 2011, 9:43 pm

Stephanie McMahon to come out in a bikini would be a great suprise !!! randy
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:32 am

Finally!
No no no no noooooooo
You didnt hear me!
I said FINALLY The Rock has come back to Wrestlemania!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:01 am

from ewrestling regarding the Hall of Fame

Thanks to Junior Ochoa for this report: Hey Ryan just got back from the hall of fame. When I walked up to the arena the line was extremely long. Luckily one of the security guards said that inside the CNN center there was an entrance into the arena. He was right and no one was in line so I got in real quick. Once inside I got to my seat, the crowd was hot and ready.

First inductee was Hacksaw Jim Duggan who was inducted by The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. His speech was short and talked about his early days and how many gimmicks he went through before he was finally hacksaw Jim Duggan.

2.) Sunny she was inducted by all the current Divas. She talked about how she got into pro wrestling. She mentioned Chris Candido and the crowd loved the name drop.

3.) Abdullah The Butcher was next and was inducted by Terry Funk. His speech was real short. He thanked his family and wished his mother, father and brother were there to see him get inducted.

4.) The Road Warriors were next. They were inducted by Dusty Rhodes. There speech was really long about 30-40 mins and the crowd kinda died down after 10 mins of them talking. They talked about their early days. Paul Ellering talked about Hawk a little and even brought out a small Hawk action figure.

5.) Next was Drew Carey. He got booed badly and he said he didn't care cuz he's skinny, and rich, which got a laugh out the crowd. Now I thought Bob barker was inducting him but Kane actually did the honors. Drew talked about being in the Royal Rumble. He gave a shout out to The Miz and also said that the WWE guys are the beat sports athletes on the planet.

5.) Last but not least was HBK inducted by Triple H. HHH made fun of Shawn about his hair, eyes, and about posing for playgirl which was funny. Shawn didn't say much just thanked the fans and how much he loved this business. After he finished, Kevin Nash, Sean Waltman, HHH all came out to congratulate Shawn and they did the kliq sign and hugged.

Overall great show I'm right across the street from all the venues so I got back to my hotel rather quickly.

Jimmy Davis sent this one in: Ryan, HOF was amazing. Arena was 95% full and was some what odd that the middle part of the arena was half full. Crowd was LOUD. Especially for Road Warriors, Hawk memories and of course HHH and HBK. Overall very fun show and the HBK induction visibly moved everyone. Something very special I got to see and no one better than HBK! Also HBK was visibly nervous and having trouble talking in the beginning. There was some very rude people who would absolutely not let him talk and started annoying a ton of the audience even prompting the audience to ask them to shut up. Security was also tracking these people down to throw them out. The dress code was not enforced at all. Most people did look very nice but a ton of people look like they came off the street. Over all very fun and very cool to see the superstars be just themselves and tell very good stories. Also the Kliq was a very special surprise and the crowd dug it. Can not wait for Mania tomorrow and neither can Atlanta. It's absolutely buzzing.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:28 am

No mention of Flair being there?
He must have been in the crowd though. I cant see him missing HBK's induction.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:26 am

IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:10 pm

Flair & HBK did meet prior to the HOF,

Video Click Here

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:20 pm

So surprised that Flair didn't blade himself and start WOOOOOING!!! Erm

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

Its a nice touch though. Im pleased for HBK that they met before his induction.
The picture on the box was class

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

Koslov OUT of Mania

Just seen this on twitter
WWEmagazine WWE Magazine
by JoeyStyles
We haven't heard any more definitive news on Kozlov, but it looks like he's gonna be out of action tonight...

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:37 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:Koslov OUT of Mania

Just seen this on twitter
WWEmagazine WWE Magazine
by JoeyStyles
We haven't heard any more definitive news on Kozlov, but it looks like he's gonna be out of action tonight...

If this is true, surely a Mania spot for Kingston?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

I think Kingston would be the ideal replacement. I would love it if he was !!!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by KDS128 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 4:28 pm

SORRY BUT I AM JUST STRUGGLING TO CONTAIN MYSELF Yahoo

KDS128

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 4:31 pm

Knowing the WWE they'll probably throw Gold dust in instead

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:26 pm

Koslov has been replaced in the 8 man Tag tonight. According to WWE twitter
@WWE
WWE
Breaking #WM27 news! After The Corre's attack on Kozlov at WM Axxess, @TrueKofi has been added to the eight-man tag! http://wwe.me/4s74P

Also Confirmed by Kofi
@TrueKofi
Kofi Kingston
Oh. Snap. Business just picked up, son! I will join Kane, Show and Santino tonight at Wrestlemania! Corre, y'all done messed up now...

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:31 pm

I don't understand, Koslov and Santino are a tag team why break them up just to get Kingston on the card? Surely you could have had a rematch between Kingston and Barrett for the IC title and a tag team three way between Show & Kane, Slater & Gabriel and Santino and Koslov for the tag titles? Anyhoo this match is a filler so I don't care about it.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:32 pm

Kofi on the WM card is great news, the only person missing in action is Drew McIntyre then. Unless the throw together a random match such as Christian vs Drew!

Please put you predictions into my prediction league Smile where any already made predictions involving Kozlov will stand for Kofi.

I think I'll be up for a bit with everyone but wont be watching it this year as cant afford it!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sun 03 Apr 2011, 5:40 pm

ME ncfc_Tooze can reveal another thing of note this time from the Hotrod the Rowdy ones Twitter
OK..I HAVE A LITTLE SUPRISE FOR WM 27..NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MY LIFE. KICK ME PUNCH ME,BUT DON'T BORE ME!!
5:38 PM Apr 2nd via web
Retweeted by 18 people
.R_Roddy_Piper
Rowdy Roddy Piper

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Sun 03 Apr 2011, 7:54 pm

WOOOO!!!! Beers chilling, Cheese Balls at the ready! 4 HOURS TO GO!!!

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:25 pm

cant wait!!!!!!!
Just had my afternoon sleep in preparation.
Going in the shower now, but here's a tune to get you in the party mood:

Youtube Click Here

Back to top Go down

Post by KDS128 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:18 pm

Im Completely Expecting Something Different Than What we are all predicting,
MANIA FEVER! Very Happy

KDS128

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:50 pm

I AM IN THE MOOD!!!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Seriously see some major curve balls tonight. Raw GM to be revealed. I can always wish I can't I? Erm

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

I don't care for Koslov at all but he must be gutted!
Imagine that news backstage.

'Listen Koslov, we forgot Kofi and he's got more of a future than you so you're off the card, oh and we won't even bother doing it on tv, just on a build up show and announce it on twitter, soz, that big payday bonus is a no no now too, just before you get released in the usual post mania clearout'.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:54 pm

I've finally found a stream, actually can't wait!

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:58 pm

anyone know a site where i can watch a repeat tomorrow for free?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

there will be a few sites showing it Bull.
But if you are getting Sky Box office tonight, you get the repeats for free for a week.
Dex, you tried this one: http://www.bnwrestling.com/live/Live_Streams.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

sheamus vs bryan may be off the show due to time constraints .

major shame if that's true.

most likely at some point 2moz be on wweo.net or dailymotion

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next