The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next Man United manager will be.....

+9
Ent
Liam
sodhat
TopHat24/7
Hero
GG
Stella
The Special Juan
Good Golly I'm Olly
13 posters

Go down

The next Man United manager will be..... Empty The next Man United manager will be.....

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:19 pm

Paul Lambert!

In my opinion if he stays with Norwich for another 3 years and keeps us up, he will have the credentials to take over the job. For me he has a lot of the same mannerisms that Sir Alex has: His teams work exceptionally hard, he plays good exciting football, has a great eye for a player and he is fearless in terms of changing formations and players around.

Who do you think will be the next Man Utd manager?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The next Man United manager will be..... Empty Re: The next Man United manager will be.....

Post by The Special Juan Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

Laugh

Yeah Lambo's a candidate it but for me, it has to be Moyes. Done a sterling job with Everton and deserves a few years in a real top job with money to spend (sorry Everton fans).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

The next Man United manager will be..... Empty Re: The next Man United manager will be.....

Post by The Special Juan Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:34 pm

Fergie isn't done yet though!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:37 pm

I reckon they will go for a big name. Moyes has done well but has won zilch, as yet and he may be to risky.

Pep or Jose possibly?

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:39 pm

It'll be either Quierios (sp?) or Phelan.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Ah yes, Carlos. He was fired from Portugal and I haven't heard about him since.

Pep hopefully. I don't want Mourinho anywhere near Man Utd.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

Utd played some right boring stuff whilst Quieros was there.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

Moyes as well for me, follows the Fergie ethos, has shown that with a limited pot he constantly manages to bring through quality players, makes a team play for another.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

Is there no thread you can't shoe-horn your infatuation with Norwich into..??

No big club experience + no European experience + no top-level success = no chance.

Pathetic.

To answer the OP - Pep or Jose.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:52 pm

When is Fergie going to call it day?

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Is there no thread you can't shoe-horn your infatuation with Norwich into..??

No big club experience + no European experience + no top-level success = no chance.

Pathetic.

What had Pep won before he took over at Barcelona?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Is there no thread you can't shoe-horn your infatuation with Norwich into..??

Pathetic.

I'm sensing no love for Sir Paul Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:27 pm

sodhat wrote:

Pathetic.

Stupid question, first managerial job. The trade off is Pep will (probably) play more 'United' style football but has less varied experience/track record whereas Mourinho won't play the United way but has a track record second to none and I'd bet my house on him winning us the Champions League within 2-3 years.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

Actually, I can see it being Darren Ferguson devil

But I really think it will be Phelan. Maybe Carlos Q. Then if/when they fail, it will be a big name like Mourinho.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:40 pm

No, get Mourinho the heck away from Man Utd. I'm wanting someone who'll stay they more many years rather than Mercenary Mourinho who'll come in, win the CL and then go to another club straight away.

Joachim Loew?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Pathetic.

Stupid question, first managerial job. The trade off is Pep will (probably) play more 'United' style football but has less varied experience/track record whereas Mourinho won't play the United way but has a track record second to none and I'd bet my house on him winning us the Champions League within 2-3 years.

It's not really a stupid question is it! Pep had no big club experience + no European experience + no top-level success and what did that equal = Huge amounts of success.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:48 pm

David Moyes and I wouldn't be surprised if a deal is already in place. I'd be stunned if Mike Phelen is even considered and Carlos Quieroz is never a Man Utd manager.

Mourinho's brand of rope-a-dope football will probably count against him and whilst Guardiloa's Barca team are easy on the eye he's yet to truly build a team from the ground up which is what would probably need doing once Ferguson has finally left.

Utd's bread and butter will always be the Premier League and bar Arsene Wenger who knows it better than Moyes?

Steve Coppell did an identical job at Reading to the one Paul Lambert is doing now and look what happened to him after his first PL season with the Royals. If Lambert can do it over the long term then I'll change my view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:59 pm

Got to be Moyes or Pep for me. Pep because he'll bring the passing and attacking style us United fans want to see, may even see messi, xavi and iniesta follow in his footsteps...or not laughing

I like Moyes, he'd be my choice if we couldn't get Pep. Like others have said he get's his side playing for one another, a vital component to nearly all of Fergie's sides. He's also got an eye for a player, if you look at some of the signings he's made for Everton with a limited budget.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Pathetic.

Is it? Did you not say in your original post that no big club experience, no euro experience and no top level success means they have no chance?

Surely that would mean that Pep should never have been appointed to one of the biggest clubs in the world, to win all those trophies. In fact he hadn't had any job at all so Lambert has the edge, no?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

But he was Mr Barcelona so they took a chance and it worked out, if he'd lost his first 10 games he'd probably have been out the door. Who he is won him special exception on the hiring front and all because he was subsequently successful with the most talented football team in decades doesn't mean you can extrapolate the argument to Lambert.

That said, my initial point was born partly out of frustration at another Norwich/Norwich hijacked thread.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:12 pm

It will be Mourinho, regardless of what people think about his style.

Ferguson is high on him and he will have a huge say in picking his successor.

The only barrier to this will be the fact Fergie has spent 20 years arranging the clubs backroom staff from top to bottom and he will not want that disrupted by the new man.

I'd fancy Mourinho to come in for 3-5 years with his own staff limited to the first team and then a long term successor - it would give us a decent chance of continued success and bridge the gap between Fergie and his long term successor.

Mourinho is a control freak so again the backroom staf could be an issue.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:But he was Mr Barcelona so they took a chance and it worked out, if he'd lost his first 10 games he'd probably have been out the door. Who he is won him special exception on the hiring front and all because he was subsequently successful with the most talented football team in decades doesn't mean you can extrapolate the argument to Lambert.

That said, my initial point was born partly out of frustration at another Norwich/Norwich hijacked thread.

What is your problem with Norwich???? Anyway surely this is a Man Utd thread as I am discussing who I think will be their next manager king
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

ollyrules wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:But he was Mr Barcelona so they took a chance and it worked out, if he'd lost his first 10 games he'd probably have been out the door. Who he is won him special exception on the hiring front and all because he was subsequently successful with the most talented football team in decades doesn't mean you can extrapolate the argument to Lambert.

What is your problem with Norwich???? Anyway surely this is a Man Utd thread as I am discussing who I think will be their next manager king

and he would bring in wibrahimovic to partner rooney
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:19 pm

I have NO PROBLEM with Norwich, I like them, I like the football they play, I respect what they've achieved coming into the Prem and how they've gone about it.

I DO have a problem with people having pathetic infatuations and either besotting over it with thread after thread or hijacking other threads. This could've been a thread about who the next United manager will be, an interesting and curious question, but no, it was just another chance for you to blow smoke up the backside of all things NCFC.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I have NO PROBLEM with Norwich, I like them, I like the football they play, I respect what they've achieved coming into the Prem and how they've gone about it.

I DO have a problem with people having pathetic infatuations and either besotting over it with thread after thread or hijacking other threads. This could've been a thread about who the next United manager will be, an interesting and curious question, but no, it was just another chance for you to blow smoke up the backside of all things NCFC.

TBf he has written a well explained answer to his choice, and he has left the door open for other suggestions,
anyway, PAUL GROVES!!!!
he may have only been in charge for 2 games but he has got us playing sum seriously SEXAY stuff. give it 2/3 year an we will be him the champ and groves will be in the prem!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I have NO PROBLEM with Norwich, I like them, I like the football they play, I respect what they've achieved coming into the Prem and how they've gone about it.

Well technically this is a thread about Man Utd, but coincidentally in my opinion there next manager should be the current Norwich manager. If i thought Brendan Rogers should be I would have talked about him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:44 pm

Except you wouldn't.

If you wrote a thread on who should partner Rooney at the Euro's the title would be 'Who Should Partner Rooney at the Euros' and the entire OP would be on how great Grant Holt is and how he's the messiah and should be England's striker #1, sod Rooney all together.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Except you wouldn't.

If you wrote a thread on who should partner Rooney at the Euro's the title would be 'Who Should Partner Rooney at the Euros' and the entire OP would be on how great Grant Holt is and how he's the messiah and should be England's striker #1, sod Rooney all together.

I'm glad you have finally realised the Grant Holt should be England's number 1 striker. Maybe me and you should start a campaign or something Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:54 pm

David Moyes.
Alan Pardew?
Jose Mourinhio.

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:10 am

Roy Keane Laugh

Just joking. How about Steve Bruce. Wait thats a poor choice. Okay what about Carlos Quirez.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:12 am

Roy Keane Laugh

Just joking. How about Steve Bruce. Wait thats a poor choice. Okay what about Carlos Quirez.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 04 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

Got to say Tophat I find very little on both here and the boxing forum that I disagree with you on, think little olly needs to find himself a girlfriend and take down the Grant Holt poster in his bedroom.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 04 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

two_tone wrote:

Got to say Tophat I find very little on both here and the boxing forum that I disagree with you on, think little olly needs to find himself a girlfriend and take down the Grant Holt poster in his bedroom.

I actually have one Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

ollyrules wrote:
two_tone wrote:

I actually have one Laugh

heart
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

Is this her?

The next Man United manager will be..... 218189_1

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:10 pm

two_tone wrote:Is this her?

angel

In my dreams, two_tone, in my dreams
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:20 pm

two_tone wrote:Is this her?

And no it isn't Smile
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:14 pm

TopHat you are 100% spot on.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:30 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:TopHat you are 100% spot on.

Hey Ghosty hows it going? Hug
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:14 pm

olly fight the system, shut out the haters!
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 04 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

cherriesfan wrote:olly fight the system, shut out the haters!

Thank you Cherries Hug
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down