The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowe on Ringside

+5
TopHat24/7
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
azania
BoxingFan88
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Bowe on Ringside Empty Bowe on Ringside

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:00 am

Interesting to see him on the show a few days ago. Very interesting little piece. Damn shame to see he is slurring his words. Sounds punch drunk, upsetting.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Bowe on Ringside Empty Re: Bowe on Ringside

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:23 am

Have to admit at times it was very hard to understand him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 am

Shame, and he is clearly broke too. But his mind is there, just sad to see him struggling to speak.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 am

Looking at him on that show, a comeback is possibly the most ridiculous statement he could come out with. That includes riding a unicycle across the two tall buildings, whilst juggling.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:49 am

So bad isn't it. Why do boxers end up broke so often? Sad.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 am

What was that huge scar on his head?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

azania wrote:What was that huge scar on his head?

A cyst

I thought he was incompressible at the start but after a couple of minutes his speech improved dramatically. A real character though.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:53 am

Don't buy his bit about Lewis being scared/wary of him, still think Lewis definitely had his number psychologically n I'd back him 3 times out of 4 to win a physical contest too. God I wish we'd had that fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Unfortunately Bowe is one of those fighters who genuinely "had it all" and threw it away.

Fabulous fighter with good all round skills and good size and a half decent chin. Trouble was he had the same love of what was in the fridge as James Toney, and he had a touch of the Ibeabuchi demons.

An utter waste of talent, and it's sad to see him in such a state now.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Unfortunately Bowe is one of those fighters who genuinely "had it all" and threw it away.

Fabulous fighter with good all round skills and good size and a half decent chin. Trouble was he had the same love of what was in the fridge as James Toney, and he had a touch of the Ibeabuchi demons.

He never full filled his potential. I'd back him to KO Wlad and UD Vitali in his hey day. He had crazy fights against Holyfield and Golota. After watching Bowe v Holyfield trilogy, it makes you wonder if Holyfield would beat Klitschko on his day, I read a comment the other day that no former cruiser would be able to beat a Klitschko, I beg to differ.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Holyfield v K2 is an interesting debate, prime4prime. Maybe worth a thread fo its own Soldier....??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 pm

I felt sorry for him, what a brilliant fighter he was. Also saying how he said he had no proper friends since Rock Newman and hanger's on left him and now won't even speak to big Daddy now. Sad Crying or Very sad

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Unfortunately Bowe is one of those fighters who genuinely "had it all" and threw it away.

He never full filled his potential. I'd back him to KO Wlad and UD Vitali in his hey day. He had crazy fights against Holyfield and Golota. After watching Bowe v Holyfield trilogy, it makes you wonder if Holyfield would beat Klitschko on his day, I read a comment the other day that no former cruiser would be able to beat a Klitschko, I beg to differ.

I remember that thread and commented this exact point i.e. Holyfield would be a nightmare of a fight for both Klitschkos. He has proven that he can hang with strong, rangy HWs time and time again, getting on the inside and doing damage. This, in particular, would spell trouble for Wlad, who has no inside game to speak of. I could honestly see Holyfield KOing Wlad, because I have no doubt that he could get inside his range and land punches, and once you get Wlad going, he can be very vulnerable. Vitali (prime) would be a harder bout for Holyfield, given the facts that a) he has more of a variety of short, creative punches, and b) he is tough and has a chin. Would still fancy Holyfield to give him a really tough time though, and would consider that bout not far off a 50/50.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down