The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Successful Drafts for your teams

3 posters

Go down

Successful Drafts for your teams Empty Successful Drafts for your teams

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 10 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

Which drafts have produced the best players for your team. For the 49ers, the 08 and 09 class weren't great but the 2007 draft class has been amazing. The 1st round produced the best linebacker in the game and a top 10 left tackle, Ray Mcdonald, a great DE, Dashon Goldson (best free safety in league last year) and Tarrell Brown, a very underated starting corner

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Successful Drafts for your teams Empty Re: Successful Drafts for your teams

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 10 Apr 2012, 10:19 pm

Well the jury is definitively out on the 2011 class as Sherrod didn't deliver as expected. Alex Green, Davon House and D.J Williams didn't contribute much, Caleb Schlauderaff was traded away and thats basically the first 5 rounds! Cobb was the only high pick that did a good job - for our previously non existent return game - but will have to progress as an offensive weapon to be considered a success.

In terms of quality recent drafts 2009 is pretty tidy. Raji and Clay Matthews have been instant starters which is what you need from 1st rounders and makes the draft.

2008 gave Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, Josh Sitton (4th rounder) and Matt Flynn.

2006 gave AJ Hawk, Daryn College (who I always thought was alright), Greg Jennings, Jason Spitz and Johnny Jolly who for a 6th rounder was very good when not doing drugs.

2005 = Aaron Rodgers and Nick Collins. Nuff Said

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Successful Drafts for your teams Empty Re: Successful Drafts for your teams

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:22 am

Patriots: 1999 draft class
199th pick - Tom Brady QB

BOOM Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy