The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Davies

4 posters

Go down

Nigel Davies Empty Nigel Davies

Post by Weybridge Welsh Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:03 pm

He was a fantastic player for Llanelli, full of skill and vision and formed an important part in what was probably one of the best back divisions in the UK but I was sceptical that he could transfer his success to a coaching role initially under Gareth Jenkins and subsequently on his own. It took a long time to get convinced about Nigel but seeing what he has achieved and what he is building down west on the budget at his disposal, you cannot fault the guy. If the Scarlets do not push on from here, it won't be through the failure of Nigel Davies. Future involvement with the national set up beckons I think.

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Nigel Davies Empty Re: Nigel Davies

Post by LordDowlais Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

He come across well, and he is also well spoken, he also seams to know what he is on about, when he was put in temp charge of Wales I thought he was a little out of his depth, but he has come a long way since then and learned a lot. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:52 pm

Lord - when he had one game as caretaker of Wales, his side pushed the newly crowned world champions, but that was probably just to because of their dire showing at the RWC.

Being serious I do like Nigel Davies, and I was one of the fans who was asking for people to cut him some slack during his first few seasons in charge of the Scarlets. That said he does have some annoying habbits that do get fans backs up. He did (and still does but not as much) have a horrible habbit of throughing on so many subs onto the pitch at once that the momentum the team had disappears totally and pretty much any shape in the backline disappears. That said I am more than happy to have him at the helm of the Scarlets.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 13 Apr 2012, 1:54 pm

When he took charge of wales for that one game I actually thought I could see something there. I think he is a definite future candidate for Wales coach if he continues like he is
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

He does seem to be able to talk the talk though, and he seems a very nice bloke as well. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 13 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

mckay1402 wrote:When he took charge of wales for that one game I actually thought I could see something there. I think he is a definite future candidate for Wales coach if he continues like he is

I really hope not. After what happened last time a decent welsh coach, who I thought was ideal for the job at the time, took over the reigns internationally. Besides the way he was treated by the press and public during his time as assistant may have tainted his opinion of the job too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down