The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best young british prospect

+6
Billy Shears
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
compelling and rich
BALTIMORA
azania
10 posters

Go down

Best young british prospect Empty Best young british prospect

Post by azania Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm

The obvious choices are
DeGale
Broves
Gavin

My take is Gavin and reckon that kid will go very far. I haven't seen a young british prospect who was so accurate with every punch he threw.

azania

Back to top Go down

Best young british prospect Empty Re: Best young british prospect

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 31 Mar 2011, 11:52 pm

Broves. Deffo. No Kelly Brook?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 01 Apr 2011, 7:57 am

i would have said kell brook, suppose its difficult to says who's a prospect, is clev still a propsect even though he's fighting for a world title.

wouldnt be suprised if some one else springs up, after all the ones mentioned are all with warren and could be a long while untill they fight fighters who are going to improve them. degale's not been to bad to be fair but gavins so far have all been tin cans

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 01 Apr 2011, 8:40 am

Kell Brook has been mollycoddled so much though, and waiting until the divisions poor instead of making him go after some of the tough fighters is a bit annoying =/

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 01 Apr 2011, 8:57 am

DeGale. Great skills, just not sure Gavin has the physical tools to put some of the swarmers and punchers off.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:05 am

Scottrf wrote:DeGale. Great skills, just not sure Gavin has the physical tools to put some of the swarmers and punchers off.

I think he may just have the tools for that. His punch accuracy is exceptional. Granted he's fighting less than good opponents, but he looks the part. Humble guy also. Rolling Eyes

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 01 Apr 2011, 9:30 am

I'd like to see Frankie do well, not least because he's a forum user so get a bit of background and latest news on his fights.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Shears Fri 01 Apr 2011, 6:32 pm

Michael Lomax is a decent fighter and Gavin dominated him - deadly accuracy when punching and the energy and intelligence to make his opponents miss. Would like to see him get a fair few rounds under his belt this year.

Kell Brook is a great prospect also, I'm hoping his contract talks get sorted soon - would love to see him come back to Sheffield.

Billy Shears

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Fri 01 Apr 2011, 7:13 pm

In terms of fighters at the early stage of their careers, there is a buzz around Carl Frampton and Liam Walsh. Difficult to predict at this stage how they will turn out. Its not always a good idea to put pressure on fighters to early. There is a strong heavyweight contingent in Fury, Price, Dallas and Sexton. Could even still put Chisora in there, but he might be to advanced these days.

A bit more advanced in their careers, there is a decent chance of Lenny Daws, Craig Watson, John O'Donnell and Denton Vassell competing for world titles. Last time out Vassell picked up the commonwealth title and is currently undefeated.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 01 Apr 2011, 11:34 pm

price for me is one for the future

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Sat 02 Apr 2011, 5:00 pm

ArchBritishchris wrote:In terms of fighters at the early stage of their careers, there is a buzz around Carl Frampton and Liam Walsh. Difficult to predict at this stage how they will turn out. Its not always a good idea to put pressure on fighters to early. There is a strong heavyweight contingent in Fury, Price, Dallas and Sexton. Could even still put Chisora in there, but he might be to advanced these days.

A bit more advanced in their careers, there is a decent chance of Lenny Daws, Craig Watson, John O'Donnell and Denton Vassell competing for world titles. Last time out Vassell picked up the commonwealth title and is currently undefeated.

Did Vassel not defend his title last time out. Which he wasn't too impressive doing. He tries a Tyson esq approach that a decent operator could pick a part. Has a chance of alphabet title against a weak champ but thats it.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 02 Apr 2011, 5:14 pm

I have to agree. I didn;t think much of Vassel.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Apr 2011, 8:04 pm

Frankie Gavin looks fantastic very accurate, good defence and very slick think this is going to be a big year for Gavin he must have been a bit frustrated at how the last one went.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down