The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0)

+4
Fists of Fury
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
sbrown
8 posters

Go down

***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0) Empty ***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0)

Post by sbrown Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:54 pm

CHRIS ‘THE FLASH’ EVANGELOU 7-0 (1 KO) returns to the ring this Saturday night on the undercard of the British and Commonwealth heavyweight title bout between Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury.
Evangelou has impressed since turning professional two years ago with a perfect seven wins out of seven. The humble but ambitious boxer is setting his sights high aiming for a domestic title by the start of 2012 and then a world title soon after.

The light-welterweight even believes he will reach his dream of taking a world title belt off Amir Khan one day, ‘The Flash’ exclusively told UNDISPUTED, “I would love to get in the ring with him one day, I have high expectations. If I don’t become a world champion I would have failed. Khan is a great fighter it would be a great fight we are both quick but I do reckon I am that bit stronger. I have a long way to go but when I get to the top and if he is still around I will definitely want to.”

Evangelou is an excellent prospect and one that many have tipped to be a world champion in the future including top trainers such as Freddie Roach.

Read the rest here http://www.undisputedfightmag.com/2011/07/17/chris-evangelou-i-will-either-be-a-world-champion-or-a-failure/

Undisputed Fight Magazine, out every month, is now a free publication. So get subscribing folks Run

Thanks Run

sbrown

Back to top Go down

***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0) Empty Re: ***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Little bit worried abut his KO rate Brownie..... 7 (1) doesn't sound like he raps too hard mate..

But will look out for him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0) Empty Re: ***Prospect Watch*** Chris Evangelou (7-0)

Post by BALTIMORA Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Yeah, with only one KO he's hitting more lightly than Malignaggi...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I will look out for him with interest.

Slightly worrying KO ratio at his current level, though it is not the be all and end all, as the likes of Calderon have shown throughout their careers. However, unless sublimely skilled, it can be the difference between making it at world level or not.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 am

ill keep an eye out but he seems very carefully matched, a points win over someone 9-121-2 and his only KO from a guy 0-2-0 shouldnt make khan lose too much sleep at the moment though

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:46 am

eddyfightfan wrote:ill keep an eye out but he seems very carefully matched, a points win over someone 9-121-2 and his only KO from a guy 0-2-0 shouldnt make khan lose too much sleep at the moment though

Was that actually a record@ 9-121-2? lol Funny

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:03 am

He has been facing quality journeymen to be fair, noone really stops them.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 am

im not that impressed, will watch out for him and ive never seen him so cant really judge, but 7 fights, a total of 27 rounds against opposition with a total record of 31-298-10, 2 who have never won a fight and only 1 KO does seem great. think he could be a fighter who gets molly coddled to about 15-0 then comes unstuck. i will reserve judgement though and would be happy to eat my words when's knocked khan out by christmas.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryMabbuttYidLegend Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:35 am

I actually know Chris and his father very well. His brother is also a pro. A lot of talent, hits harder than his record suggests. Former stable mates from the ams with Peter Haymer and Michael Grant.

GaryMabbuttYidLegend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down