The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace Evangelou plans his route to the top

Go down

Ace Evangelou plans his route to the top Empty Ace Evangelou plans his route to the top

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Ace Evangelou plans his route to the top

My interview with Andreas Evangelou

Enfield prospect Andreas Evangelou makes his fifth professional start this Saturday, at the Royal Albert Hall. The elder brother of exciting prospect Chris Evangelou campaigns in the light-heavyweight division and after a relatively short amateur career is looking to make an impact on the domestic professional scene.
The 28 year-old's unbeaten record stands at 4-0 with one stoppage win.

How much amateur experience did you have and what was the highlight?
Although I didn't have loads of amateur fights I have been in and around boxing for over 10 years. As an amateur I sparred world champions including a lot of sparring in Los Angeles, at the Wild Card Gym. They were highly competitive and I learnt a lot. My greatest accomplishment was when I won a gold medal at a European tournament in Sweden, along with my brother undefeated Chris 'The Flash' Evangelou.

What differences have you found between the paid and unpaid ranks?
I prefer the paid ranks, as with amateur its hit and move to score points. With the paid ranks you set your feet more - to hurt your opponent. That suits me more as although I'm a mover in the ring, I'm also a big hitter and when I move from four rounds to six, I can see myself stopping a lot of my opponents by wearing them down.

You've had four fights, so far, as a professional. How do you rate your performances so far?

Read more: http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/ace-evangelou-plans-his-route-top

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down