The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruno

3 posters

Go down

Bruno Empty Bruno

Post by azania Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

They tried to take him back to rehab. He said yes yes yes.

Get well soon big guy.

On a more serious note, why do so many boxers go off the rails after their career's are over. We've had Hatton and Joe making Colombia a more prosperous nation, Heron attempting suicide. Also Benn. You would have thought that taking punches in the face would be the first thing they would miss.

azania

Back to top Go down

Bruno Empty Re: Bruno

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:17 pm

He's on Peirs Morgan next Friday night i think.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:20 pm

I'd go off the rails as well if I had an impending meeting with him. Best of luck frank.

Azania - to be hailed as king then dethroned probably, the rush provided by baying crowds and victories is gone and so is your ability to inspire it. So they go after coke and heroin. Much prefer mild buddha myself.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:02 pm

It could be that some people go into the sport because they are already troubled individuals and boxing gives them focus. Lose the focus and the troubles could surface once again. These fighters are using boxing as an outlet.

Perhaps, in some cases, as well as there being a need for an outlet, there could also be a further need to seek out the adulation of the masses. This could be due to an innate lack of confidence and/or a desire to be accepted - think Joaquin Phoenix’s portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator. Perhaps once a successful career is over and the cheers have been replaced with silence, some fighters look for other ways to fill in the void.

It could be that some people feel they are born to fight (think Hagler's boxing glove for a brain comment) and once they start the gradual decline there's this sense of a "loss of purpose". Maybe that's why some fighters stay rooted to the sport in some capacity as a trainer, promoter, or simply by making countless comebacks when they should have retired years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down