The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I like Nole

+8
HM Murdock
newballs
hawkeye
Tenez
barrystar
TRuffin
noleisthebest
paulcz
12 posters

Go down

Why I like Nole Empty Why I like Nole

Post by paulcz Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

because he is
1) Smart, funny and intelligent guy
2) Great athlete
3) Never gives up, his will is made of iron
4) Has the most positive attitude
5) Has no odd excuses
6) Never cries on courts Cool
7) Has no poor conduct on courts
8) He relies on himself
9) Has no airs and graces
10) Plays the best tennis OK

I could continue but 10 is rounded, so other positives could be easily founded ... Very Happy

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Why I like Nole Empty Re: Why I like Nole

Post by noleisthebest Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:13 pm

I like Nole because he is the best Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:20 pm

paulcz wrote:because he is
2) Great athlete
5) Has no odd excuses
8) He relies on himself
10) Plays the best tennis OK

I could continue but 10 is rounded, so other positives could be easily founded ... Very Happy

Interestingly enough, several of those statements would prob not have been true a couple of years ago............ so it's clearly never too late to reinvent yourself.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:34 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I like Nole because he is the best Cool

That is said shortly Yahoo

So, I am going to play tennis as Nole in a moment Smile

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:36 pm

Because whenever I have watched him live he has conducted himself like a gentleman, always acknowleding good play by his opponent.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 18 Apr 2012, 5:41 pm

Because he drains Nadal physically and then uses the "estoque" to finish him off.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

2) Great athlete
5) Has no odd excuses
8) He relies on himself
10) Plays the best tennis Why I like Nole 3610695981

I think its important to like people for positives (not for what they don't do) so I have to discount 5, 7 and 9. I also suspect that rather than liking Nole for those reasons your having a dig at someone you don't like? Thats a little unfair on Nole IMO.

I have to disagree with number 6 because Nole has cried at least once on court. After Rafa beat him in the Olympic semi's Nole left the court in floods of tears. I remember it well because that was when I warmed to him. Up until then I thought he was a bit cold and robotic... although I've always thought he was a great player. So I like him because he has cried on court. There's nothing wrong with a bit of emotion.

Number 10 is wrong! He can play very good tennis but 2 players can play better. That of course is no reason to dislike him.

I agree with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8. He appears to be a nice person.

The most important reason for me liking him though is that he has played some great matches. It's been fun to watch. So thank you Nole!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed 18 Apr 2012, 6:31 pm

paulcz hard now to disagree with most of that list.

Did find him somewhat arrogant at first though especially when his performances didn't always match his obvious ability plus the odd time he appeared to "wimp out" of playing because too hot, looking like feigning an injury ..etc

He has grown up in terms both maturity and his tennis game as a whole so not much you can throw at him in a negative sense I would suggest.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:20 pm

hawkeye wrote:
2) Great athlete
5) Has no odd excuses
8) He relies on himself
10) Plays the best tennis Why I like Nole 3610695981

I think its important to like people for positives (not for what they don't do) so I have to discount 5, 7 and 9. I also suspect that rather than liking Nole for those reasons your having a dig at someone you don't like? Thats a little unfair on Nole IMO.

I have to disagree with number 6 because Nole has cried at least once on court. After Rafa beat him in the Olympic semi's Nole left the court in floods of tears. I remember it well because that was when I warmed to him. Up until then I thought he was a bit cold and robotic... although I've always thought he was a great player. So I like him because he has cried on court. There's nothing wrong with a bit of emotion.

Number 10 is wrong! He can play very good tennis but 2 players can play better. That of course is no reason to dislike him.

I agree with 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8. He appears to be a nice person.

The most important reason for me liking him though is that he has played some great matches. It's been fun to watch. So thank you Nole!

I do think that liking somebody for not to behave in wrong way is positive as well, but it does not matter. To come back to no. 10, I could admit that Roger plays more elegant. But the second one? Are you serious? No way. This second one plays tennis which is not watchable, he only does everything on court to win ignoring his behaviour. Sorry.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:45 pm

newballs wrote:paulcz hard now to disagree with most of that list.

Did find him somewhat arrogant at first though especially when his performances didn't always match his obvious ability plus the odd time he appeared to "wimp out" of playing because too hot, looking like feigning an injury ..etc

He has grown up in terms both maturity and his tennis game as a whole so not much you can throw at him in a negative sense I would suggest.

Hi NB, I totally agree with you. I remember well when Berdych played with Nole in Davis cup in Serbia in 2010. Berdych won the first set and had the game under his control. When Nole took MTO in the beginning of the second one, he looked like very close to his death. After MTO he rose his level of game so rapidly that Berdych lost all three following sets. Then there was much said about feigning an injury. From then on he has really grown up and has become a great personality. Everyone must appreciate his positive personal progress and that is it. Somebody is getting better Yahoo and somebody goes in opposite way. Sorry

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 18 Apr 2012, 9:51 pm

1) He can turn a match around when all seems lost
2) He usually says something meaningful in his speeches
3) I like his life story
4) He's the first person to get in Rafa's head
5) He's the first person to consistently beat Fed AND Rafa
6) He applauds good shots from his opponents
7) His dominance was unexpected
8) He is redefining what is possible in the retrieval part of the game
9) He has bear-fur rather than hair
10) He can take out terrorists using only a tennis racquet

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by paulcz Wed 18 Apr 2012, 10:05 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:1) He can turn a match around when all seems lost
2) He usually says something meaningful in his speeches
3) I like his life story
4) He's the first person to get in Rafa's head
5) He's the first person to consistently beat Fed AND Rafa
6) He applauds good shots from his opponents
7) His dominance was unexpected
8) He is redefining what is possible in the retrieval part of the game
9) He has bear-fur rather than hair
10) He can take out terrorists using only a tennis racquet

Another top 10 chart, good HM, Very Happy I also considered your 6 point to add, so I glad to appear in your list OK

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:41 pm

What is this? Self pleasure of a couple of fans of Djoko who are left here?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:43 pm

I like nole because he imitates and annoys el nino...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 19 Apr 2012, 12:01 am

Jahu wrote:What is this? Self pleasure of a couple of fans of Djoko who are left here?

It's the new 606v2 rules didn't you know? We all have to list all the things we love about Nole and all the things we dislike about Rafa... Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure they are NEW rules... GO NOLEeeee

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:58 am

I agree that Djokovic seems like a nice bloke. He always acknowledges a good shot from his opponent and he is also very gracious in defeat. Note how he embraced nadal after US open final loss in 2010, went straight over to hug and congratulate him, very classy how he handled himself. Particularly given he had only won a single slam at that time and he lost against a guy who had accomplished so much more, would have forgiven him if he didnt take it so well !

Ever since watching him for the first time at French Open in 2007, I knew he would hit the top spot in the rankings. Ever since then, I have liked him for several reasons, mostly because of his excellent all round game that adapts to every surface but most importantly for being part of some of the most memorable tennis clashes in recent years. Some of his grand slam battles with Federer and Nadal have been simply epic. Coming back from 2 match points down two years in a row against Fed at US open really brought him up in my estimation, proved to be a real warrior when the chips were down, something he was not known for earlier in his career. The guy has matured a lot and is a true champion as a result.

Nole, take a bow

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 4:36 pm

I love Nole because his fans don't like him, they LOVE him, this is my favourite Nole fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSqYONYBd-g

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Thu 19 Apr 2012, 6:46 pm

nitb - have you ever met Djoko, and if you did what happened, or is your (unrequited) love from afar?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:15 pm

barrystar wrote:nitb - have you ever met Djoko, and if you did what happened, or is your (unrequited) love from afar?

Oh Barry Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

Hawkeye, when are you going to give up this myopic fedal worldview. Novak does play the besgt tennis as 4 out of the last 5 grandslams prove.

Paul makes a great post, one thing that I really enjoy about Novak's game is how sporting he is on the court. I have seen him give his opponents big calls in matches when the linesman and the umpire miss it. He cheers on his opponents as well and usually plays with a smile. He also is a great interview and an engaging personality which frankly I don't believe nadal and fed are as gregarious and engaging.

As far as the tennis goes one thing that i really respect about Novak is his risktaking and courage. He continually is tweeking his game to get better and better. He tried it with his serve to disastrous results. He did it with his forehand as well with great results. He isn't a guy who rests on what he has. He has ambition, drive , and discipline. And the courage to not back down from a challenge.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down