The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you Rafa and Nole

+6
ChequeredJersey
Josiah Maiestas
socal1976
break_in_the_fifth
bogbrush
Jeremy_Kyle
10 posters

Go down

Thank you Rafa and Nole Empty Thank you Rafa and Nole

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:48 pm

It was a great final. What a shame someone had to lose and there was no trophy for the winner. I know many are disappppointed, that their favourite didn't win (I hope you didn't really cry HE...) and one or two may be gloating that their favourite did win... but it was a great match to watch. There is an extra tension when these two players meet. Also both players know each others games so well and both players play at such a high standard its possable to see the sort of tactical play that isn't often present in other matches.

So Thank you Nole and Rafa! I can't wait until next time that Rafa will be humiliated by Nole. Hopefully at the FO or Wimbledon and in the final not the semi..

Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Thank you Rafa and Nole Empty Re: Thank you Rafa and Nole

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

It's now complete ownership. If Nadal cant win after that semi-final set up, he'll never do it.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

Agreed Rafa and Nole should always be a final no matter what. Even if they are drawn in the same half they should still only play each other in the final.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

This was a historic match there are no losers. Rafa is not a loser tonight, despite what the record may show. I have nothing but love and respect for him. A credit to this game. he will lift a grandslam again shortly. The people who really have egg on their face are those who spent nearly six hours watching this match and complaining how it was boring. If this is boring give me boring all day and every day.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

I watched much of a Slam final AND planted a tree. I'm a big winner.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

bogbrush wrote:It's now complete ownership. If Nadal cant win after that semi-final set up, he'll never do it.

Sure, the last bastion will be Roland Garros, should Rafa, as it is now probable, be stripped off the title even there the hopes for a surprising come back would be very very slim.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:02 pm

socal1976 wrote:This was a historic match there are no losers. Rafa is not a loser tonight, despite what the record may show. I have nothing but love and respect for him. A credit to this game. he will lift a grandslam again shortly. The people who really have egg on their face are those who spent nearly six hours watching this match and complaining how it was boring. If this is boring give me boring all day and every day.

It was far too long, honestly. Occasionally entertaining but Nole should have close this far earlier. Today it was a matter of dalayed xmas time for Rafa......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:04 pm

bogbrush wrote:It's now complete ownership. If Nadal cant win after that semi-final set up, he'll never do it.

It could have gone either way I don't think you could use this as evidence of ownership. I'm still not confident about Novak against Rafa.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:09 pm

10/12 matches, and one of thetwo losses coming from a dodgy contact lens?

That's complete domination.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

You're using stats in an unfair way similar to how other people have against Fed.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:10 pm

7-0 in finals to Djokovic, and you are not convinced.

You sound like a devout christian who is not convinced that there is no God...
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

This was a classic gentleman, a perfect advert for the modern game. yes it was physical, and what sport nowadays isn't physical. I have nothing but love for both competitors. Rafa as a novak fan I almost wish that they could share this trophy together. But I am of course happy Novak won. Is this boring tennis? I don't think so. The game won tonight the fans loved it! i know I loved it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:11 pm

This was a classic gentleman, a perfect advert for the modern game. yes it was physical, and what sport nowadays isn't physical. I have nothing but love for both competitors. Rafa as a novak fan I almost wish that they could share this trophy together. But I am of course happy Novak won. Is this boring tennis? I don't think so. The game won tonight the fans loved it! i know I loved it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:13 pm

The last set was top tennis, but other than that the level of tennis was not as good as it should've been. Sorry socal but you are not being objective.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:46 pm

well done Nole Smile
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:

Sure, the last bastion will be Roland Garros, should Rafa, as it is now probable, be stripped off the title even there the hopes for a surprising come back would be very very slim.

I think it is fair to say that RG is the one Rafa will really hate to lose, interested to see how the Olympics play out too. Nadal has made changes to his game to counter Federer at Wimbledon before so he can change things, but if he doesn't I think he will need someone else to beat Djokovic, or for him to have a poor match
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:21 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:The last set was top tennis, but other than that the level of tennis was not as good as it should've been. Sorry socal but you are not being objective.

I agree, though I would say it started in that game where Djokovic played 3 fantastic points to go 0-40 up on Nadal's serve but Nadal suddenly realised how much he hates losing and showed proper sisu to get back in the game and the set and then the match
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:42 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Nadal has made changes to his game to counter Federer at Wimbledon before so he can change things...

Can you please elaborate what changes Nadal made in his game to counter Federer at wimbledon?? I would love to hear this.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:43 pm

I switched off when Nadal went up a break in the 5th. It seemed as though he'd realized he could retrieve EVERYTHING, indeed, I was convinced he could. And his forehand was atomic, the racquet head speed was just ridiculous.
At the same time Novak was starting to look tight.

Eventually I went online to verify that Nadal had won and I found the match was still going on. I've no idea how Novak pulled it back.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:49 pm

Its just funny for me all the people caught in federer myopia who claim hey didn't enjoy this match but watched every second of this six hour final. OK you guys win it was boring. (extreme sarcasm). But really I don't care Novak one a brutal gutcheck.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

socal1976 wrote:Its just funny for me all the people caught in federer myopia who claim hey didn't enjoy this match but watched every second of this six hour final. OK you guys win it was boring. (extreme sarcasm). But really I don't care Novak one a brutal gutcheck.

Maybe I'm missing some board history here but who are all these people? Can you name a Federer fan that is supporting Nadal over Djokovic?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:57 pm

socal1976 wrote:Its just funny for me all the people caught in federer myopia who claim hey didn't enjoy this match but watched every second of this six hour final. OK you guys win it was boring. (extreme sarcasm). But really I don't care Novak one a brutal gutcheck.

Soc: but didn't you just said that over in Iran you could watch only a couple of sets?? I confess the match weren't that bad had I seen only half of it Very Happy
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 4:59 pm

reckoner wrote:

Maybe I'm missing some board history here but who are all these people? Can you name a Federer fan that is supporting Nadal over Djokovic?
Nobody has brought up Federer in this thread, does anyone know if Socal was a Djokovic fan before 2011? Cause he seems like he used to be Nadals biggest fan, then jumped bandwagons when Nole got his 2nd slam.. Rolling Eyes
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
reckoner wrote:

Nobody has brought up Federer in this thread, does anyone know if Socal was a Djokovic fan before 2011? Cause he seems like he used to be Nadals biggest fan, then jumped bandwagons when Nole got his 2nd slam.. Rolling Eyes

HA! Oh I see, well that puts rather a different context on things then lol.

Oh dear, what tangled webs we weave.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:08 pm

Oh dear, still chuckling. It would explain why socal is so complimentary to Nadull when Djoker just thrashed him and so desperate to stick the knife into Federer.

Well, I must confess I took great, SINCERE pleasure in Nadal looking lost in what I saw of the fifth. Still found the tennis boring though!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:09 pm

NOBODY must stick a knife into the legend called Roger Federer furious

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Nadal has made changes to his game to counter Federer at Wimbledon before so he can change things...

Can you please elaborate what changes Nadal made in his game to counter Federer at wimbledon?? I would love to hear this.

He started working hard at his serve, and his net game (that year - 2008- was his peak in terms of volleying IMO) for Wimbledon, and then later on for the hard-courts and the USO that everyone thought he would never win (changes to court-speed accounted for) he changed his grip and service again and it payed off, though admittedly he did not play Federer in that match. Leading up to Wimbledon 2008 he also changed up his forehand on returning, started utilising his sliced backhand and became more attacking (though arguably this has slipped away recently)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:NOBODY must stick a knife into the legend called Roger Federer furious

lol NITB, I appreciate the sentiment. Looks like you're set up for an awesome 2012 - all the best!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:42 pm

Yes I remember socal in his days on the old 606. I believe he was called FA at that time and he was a nadal fan. He was also not too keen on federer. I must admit that I became a little surprised at how easily he switched alleigance to novak.

Am I correct socal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

He was FA??

He was even more off his rocker than little old Simple_Analyst and Cat Pow OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:49 pm

Yes he was.

In any case, thank goodness novak won.

It would have been a disaster if The Nadull had won.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

Yes I was FA, I and for the record always a Novak fan. By the way JM who are you to throw stones about off your rocker, you are off your rocker if I am.

I actually really like Roger, he got me back into tennis after the boringly dull era of big servers following the Agassi-Sampras era. However there is a distinct minority of his fans that really, I mean really rub me the wrong way. Every time Roger loses its because of big balls, slow courts, doping opponents, time wasting opponents. All the great champs of today are boring, inferior, untalented etc. I actually have nothing against Roge the undisputed GOAT some of his fans though stick in my craw like day old vomit.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down