The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win?

+9
graf_the_greatest
noleisthebest
Josiah Maiestas
wow4
mthierry
socal1976
Tenez
bogbrush
hawkeye
13 posters

Go down

Nole or Rafa

Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Vote_lcap53%Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Vote_lcap47%Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 30

Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Empty Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win?

Post by hawkeye Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:59 am

Put aside thoughts of who has the best forehand or backhand or who is more or less likely to double fault on break point down. This is nothing to do with logical analysis and more to do with the heart. Who would you like to see holding the trophy on Sunday and why. Nole or Rafa?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Empty Re: Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win?

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

No surprises from me. I just can't stand the negative game and questionable behaviour of Nadal.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? Empty Re: Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win?

Post by Tenez Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:42 am

No point asking me the question but I do think Nadal will win this time cause Djoko is not 100%. Nadal will make him run faster than Murray could. Had Djoko saved energy, then yes, it woudl have been a foregone conclusion...but let's not forget that the reason Djoko was able to beat Nadal was that he coudl rally with him the last 6 times...I doubt he is that fit at this tournement. Well clearly he doesn't look like he is.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

Perhaps, though I go back to Rome 2011 for a virtual dress rehearsal of this scenario. Even Murray was in the cast.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:09 am

Hope you right....but a 5 setter? Remember the USO was closer than it looked towards the end.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

I honestly think Nadal's spinney shots are exactly what Novak wants with his big two handed backhand and western forehand. Novak is more troubled by slice and low balls, he maybe the best high ball hitter around and that is why I see this going Novak's way. But Tenez is right it does depend on how tired he is after a truely brutal marathon match. Still I think he will have enough in the tank to go 4 or 5 more hours with Nadal because that is what it will take. Novak looked the fresher man in sets 4 and 5 last night.

And of course emotionally, I am Nole fan so go Nole, take him down in 3 sets this time so you can go and win Dubai as well.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:09 pm

Nole - paraphrasing a journo yesterday - has become the Benjamin Button of tennis. Why does he start matches giving the impression of being haggard, worn-out or even ill but looking sprightly as his opponent fades?

He conned me big time against Ferrer where I thought he would retire in the 2nd set only to play with greater intensity as the game wore on.

I certainly want Rafa to win but last season has taught me it's in Nole's hands. I'm certainly not falling for his drama queen act.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

True!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by wow4 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Nole has already won this. I think moment when Nole won that close SF, rafa knew that his chances of adding another slam has completely gone. Novak has already won it with Fed's departure in the other semi. Sun will be a mere formality.

wow4

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

wow4, as Novak fan i don't take this matchup lightly. I think Novak will win and has the game and confidence to handle Nadal. But I really think that Nadal on these slower conditions in a five set match will be more difficult to beat than he was at the USO and wimbeldon. I would not go as far to say that the final is a formality although I am confident.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 28 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

I'm certainly not falling for his drama queen act.
Like Nadal pretending his hurt vs Del Potro then? Rolling Eyes
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:12 pm

GO NOLEEEEEEE Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 28 Jan 2012, 3:41 pm

mthierry wrote:
I certainly want Rafa to win but last season has taught me it's in Nole's hands. I'm certainly not falling for his drama queen act.

Cause Nadal's injuries on the other hand are very serious. Nole Or Rafa. Who Do You WANT To Win? 810156456

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by graf_the_greatest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

My heart wants Nadal to win but my head says it is a definite win for Djokovic.

I've never liked Federer or Djokovic due to their bad attitudes but most especially their arrogance.

Imagine my disappointment that at the very time Federer's dominance wanes is at the same time that Djokovic's begins.

Anyway, am off to the gym. Taking a lead out of Djokovic's book, my shoulder hurts so am going to perform excellently and with good form on a delts routine. I mean that's how it works, right?!?

graf_the_greatest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

graf_the_greatest wrote:My heart wants Nadal to win but my head says it is a definite win for Djokovic.

I've never liked Federer or Djokovic due to their bad attitudes but most especially their arrogance.

Imagine my disappointment that at the very time Federer's dominance wanes is at the same time that Djokovic's begins.

Anyway, am off to the gym. Taking a lead out of Djokovic's book, my shoulder hurts so am going to perform excellently and with good form on a delts routine. I mean that's how it works, right?!?
I suggest you faint clean out, get a shoulder/leg injury or take a mid-session MTO. I've seen it work wonders.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

Or maybe after you fail to lift all the weight that you think you should GRaf, snatch a microphone and cry uncontrollably for 15 minutes, this is after you prance and preen into the gym wearing a monographed cream jump suit with your initials emblazoned on it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

Wow! This is much closer than expected. 8 votes for Djokovic v 7 votes for Nadal. This proves that 606v2 has quite a few quiet Nadal fans.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

Personally, I think Tenez voted Nadal, I think he secretly has a poster of a shirtless Rafa in his room

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Maybe Tenez did vote for Rafa. Rafa beat Federer in the semi's so IMO it makes Federer look better if he lost to the eventual winner. I don't for a minute believe the bit about the shirtless poster though...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm

I know, I just like ironey of it, I am sure it isn't true

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:02 pm

I voted for the Djoker... by the way socal I would have thought a big shot lawyer would be able to spell irony? Very Happy

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

I know I noticed the misspelling myself. But it was to ironic for me to change it, plus my posts are filled with typos I hate editing.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

darn it did it again should be "too ironic" see Reckoner now you made me self conscious

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

socal1976 wrote:darn it did it again should be "too ironic" see Reckoner now you made me self conscious

hahahaha no worries just being pedantiq (sp?)

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:27 pm

Lol, Reckoner, can't take yourself "too" seriously

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:37 pm

socal1976 wrote:Personally, I think Tenez voted Nadal, I think he secretly has a poster of a shirtless Rafa in his room

Not far off...in the toilets.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

That is a good one tenez, all that grunting and ass scratching gets in you in the mood I suppose. God this is getting gross I should have stopped while I was behind.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:39 pm

5 setter against Federer at US Open vs 5 setter against Murray at Australian are two different beasts.

Federer often pulls the trigger and the points are shorter. Murray made Djokovic run a hell of a lot more than Federer did.

US Open semi was under 4hrs, but match with Murray was 5hrs of both players trying to run each other into the ground.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:44 pm

Well Demon the US open though also came at the end of the year and by the start of the tournament Djokovic was pretty much on his last legs as he got hurt in cincy from what appeared to be more exhaustion than anything else. I think he is more well rested and fresher at this point in the season.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:48 pm

socal1976 wrote:Well Demon the US open though also came at the end of the year and by the start of the tournament Djokovic was pretty much on his last legs as he got hurt in cincy from what appeared to be more exhaustion than anything else. I think he is more well rested and fresher at this point in the season.
That's is a very valid point Socal, but Djokovic seems to be 10-15% down on last years standard, again my opinion.

His match against Murray must've taken a fair amount from him, a pretty hot day/evening, length of rallies etc. Obviously last year he was bionic man so maybe he doesn't get tired!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 6:51 pm

Either way i think he will answer the bell and win. Unlike a lot of people I think it will be close and I don't take it for granted as Djoko fan. But I saw an interesting stat that the player who played the second semi has won 75 percent of the finals, odd with one extra day's rest. But I think in a big tournament you get into a groove of playing every other day. One of the factors that I think cost Djoko against Fed in the FO last year was that Djokovic had nearly 5 days off before that match. Lets see what happens I think Nadal has been working on some new wrinkles and it might be interesting.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 28 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

Djokovic all the way for me.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

I want Nadal to win for the simple reason that his head to head with Djokovic is getting boring in its one sidedness.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:16 pm

Henman Bill wrote:I want Nadal to win for the simple reason that his head to head with Djokovic is getting boring in its one sidedness.
We haven't had a draw yet Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down