The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just what boxing needs............

+7
coxy0001
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
wow_junky
azania
Rowley
Scottrf
11 posters

Go down

Just what boxing needs............ Empty Just what boxing needs............

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:05 pm

I watched the recording of this week's KOTV last night and as the were summing up the recent weeks' events, I'm sure I heard them say that Cotto and Mayorga had contested a belt from the newly created WBB (World Boxing Board). It was claimed this organisation based in Puerto Rico aimed to clean up the sport.

Now, not wishing to come across as Mr Cynical, I do feel that this is possibly the exact OPPOSITE of what is required to cure what ails our beloved sport and I can see literally no benefits whatsoever from this.

However, I'm going to created my own boxing organisation, the WBSP (World Boxing Savaloy Punchers) and am happy to announce that anyone wanting a title (no, not a title fight, just a title) is welcome to one.

Back to top Go down

Just what boxing needs............ Empty Re: Just what boxing needs............

Post by Scottrf Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah it was the white belt he was holding after the fight. Along with the WBA Super title. Sums up the title situtation in one picture.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Dave i'd love a title. However how long before I get one do I get upgraded to super duper champion status?

If it doesn't happen quick I may well have to look elsewhere

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm

As it stands Jeff, the criteria is as follows....

Think of title you'd like to hold, write it on this thread and it's done!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 pm

well if they recognise title holders from other organisations and sanction their bouts it could well be an advantage.

Its not only belts that are the issue. Fighters tied with a particular TV station, who gets the rights to screen the fights etc causes havoc in arranging major fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Despite the diet Dave it will still have to be heavyweight, however am pleased to annouce I am very much at the Dempsey end of the heavyweight scale rather than the Valuev, think now there are titles on the line that is all the motivation I need to plough on with the diet because with a little self discipline could soon make cruiser and could be the first WBSP multiweight champion

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:16 pm

azania wrote:well if they recognise title holders from other organisations and sanction their bouts it could well be an advantage.

Its not only belts that are the issue. Fighters tied with a particular TV station, who gets the rights to screen the fights etc causes havoc in arranging major fights.
Well, there's none o' that guff with MY organisation.

Anyone wishing to arrange a fight simply calls someone out and once the challenge has been accepted whoever then posts the outcome first will be declared the winner (or loser if they're too stupid to figure that bit out). None of this "getting in the ring and hitting each other" rubbish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:well if they recognise title holders from other organisations and sanction their bouts it could well be an advantage.

Anyone wishing to arrange a fight simply calls someone out and once the challenge has been accepted whoever then posts the outcome first will be declared the winner (or loser if they're too stupid to figure that bit out). None of this "getting in the ring and hitting each other" rubbish

Sounds like a sven ottke fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:24 pm

No I can't run the risk of any actual boxing taking place. This way is much simpler.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

DAVE667 wrote:No I can't run the risk of any actual boxing taking place. This way is much simpler.

Audley then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

To be serious for a minute though Dave you do make a valid point, whilst I can fully understand anyone getting frustrated with the governing bodies and how corrupt and self serving they are you do have to worry about how anyone can look at the problems with the sport and say, I know what we need, another governing body!! It is truly beyond me.

The WBC recently mooted a super heavyweight division, great we need another division almost as much as a new governing body

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:30 pm

[However, I'm going to created my own boxing organisation, the WBSP (World Boxing Savaloy Punchers) and am happy to announce that anyone wanting a title (no, not a title fight, just a title) is welcome to one.]

Hi, I have Evander Holyfield onthe line, are you okay to take calls ?

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:32 pm

rowley wrote:Despite the diet Dave it will still have to be heavyweight, however am pleased to annouce I am very much at the Dempsey end of the heavyweight scale rather than the Valuev, think now there are titles on the line that is all the motivation I need to plough on with the diet because with a little self discipline could soon make cruiser and could be the first WBSP multiweight champion

Not a chance, I was 154lb this morning so I'm claiming the light middleweight title, and once I've made the transition up to middleweight by eating my lunch I'm claiming a title there as well!

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:As it stands Jeff, the criteria is as follows....

Think of title you'd like to hold, write it on this thread and it's done!

Assuming you mean name and not just weight, can I have "spade is a f*$£ing shovel" award please. Keep putting foot in mouth at work as I tend to speak a little bluntly!

censored

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Yeah i take it the belt was that crazy looking white one he was holding, not exactly going to scare the other organisations away, i'll have a belt also Dave thank you, oooh shiny shiny.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 pm

wow_junky wrote:
rowley wrote:Despite the diet Dave it will still have to be heavyweight, however am pleased to annouce I am very much at the Dempsey end of the heavyweight scale rather than the Valuev, think now there are titles on the line that is all the motivation I need to plough on with the diet because with a little self discipline could soon make cruiser and could be the first WBSP multiweight champion

Not a chance, I was 154lb this morning so I'm claiming the light middleweight title, and once I've made the transition up to middleweight by eating my lunch I'm claiming a title there as well!

Balls, am going to the chippy for dinner (we're northerners you have dinner now and tea later, bloody southern fairies) my chances of making cruiser any time soon are taking a hit

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

COME ON LADS, YOU HAVE TO ISSUE A CHALLENGE TO ANOTHER POSTER, THEY HAVE TO ACCEPT IT AND THEN WHOEVER POSTS THE OUTCOME OF THE FIGHT FIRST, GETS THE DECISION.

NB - You can't accept a challenge and give the result in the same post, that would make a mockery of what I'm doing here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:40 pm

There's a thought, confessing our "fighting"weights.I am 205 pounds and not quite six foot, so that makes me a heavyweight trying to escape a middleweight's body.Yesterday I went for a run, but in Homer Simpson style, I ate two doughnuts when I returned.
Anybody else care to admit to how badly out of shape they are? I am not hypothetically fighting anybody until I know they are in as bad shape as I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Andy am 15stone 4 and 6ft 1, still by any standards a big unit but when I started by diet i was 17st 8 it has been far far worse

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 pm

andygf wrote:There's a thought, confessing our "fighting"weights.I am 205 pounds and not quite six foot, so that makes me a heavyweight trying to escape a middleweight's body.Yesterday I went for a run, but in Homer Simpson style, I ate two doughnuts when I returned.
Anybody else care to admit to how badly out of shape they are? I am not hypothetically fighting anybody until I know they are in as bad shape as I.
Andy, some of the guys on here can get quite testy when being asked to divulge such information. Like asking a women how much she weighs. Now, I'm happy for people to challenge each other for belts but I draw the line at matching shoes and handbags

By the way, I'm 6ft tall and weigh 13st 12lbs...I'm a magnificent specimen (by Bradford "standards" at any rate)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Dave think the only reason people are loath to get into this as it is red rag to a bull to our resident all american beefster, tends to be a matter of time before we start hearing chest sizes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Thing is, if his recent trend continues, the lad will have shrunk to about 5'5" but be able to bench around 14 tonnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Well, to convert into stones I am 14 stone 5, so given my height disadvantage I'm the James Toney here, Dave you sounds a good cruiser...
sorry man.Even though we don't have to meet, um..um... the money's not good enough......I'm afraid of flying.....I;ve broken my wrist.....I'm hypothetically fighting the winner of American Contender...against whom I would actually fancy my chances really. How about hypothetically fighting in the states when you are 43?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 pm

"It don' matter to me WHO I face chump, I'm the greatest of AAAAALLLL times. I'll whup any man in here then go home and steal his ol' lady. Ain't no-one badder than me, rougher or tougher than me."

To be honest I sound more like Yosemite Sam than anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 pm

What does boxing need rather than another "sanctioning" org?

Well....

How about a "free hit" similar to cricket? Every time an illegal blow lands (be it by fist, head or elbow etc) the ref calls "freeze" and boxer B gets a free pot shot?

Or how about if one boxer gets more than 6 rounds ahead he has to chase the ring card girl round inbetween rounds and strip her naked whilst his gloves are on? If he doesn't get it done in the 60 seconds the other boxer can start unloading on him. And if he knocks him out he gets to take the ring card girl back to his changing room and have his wicked way with her

I have many, many more brilliant ideas if you wish to hear them?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Or how about if one boxer gets more than 6 rounds ahead he has to chase the ring card girl round inbetween rounds and strip her naked whilst his gloves are on? If he doesn't get it done in the 60 seconds the other boxer can start unloading on him. And if he knocks him out he gets to take the ring card girl back to his changing room and have his wicked way with her

I have many, many more brilliant ideas if you wish to hear them?
Why do I get the feeling that 90% of them will be like this one?

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:01 pm

My other most preferable idea is that if more than 30 power punches are landed in the round (between the 2 boxers) then Diana Vickers & Ellie Goulding enter the ring, with electro shocks attached to them, and engage in various 'acts' on each other... Can sub in any 2 girls you would like into that though, failure to perform means a lethal electric shock being administered as well.

I must stop drinking at lunch

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm

You should stop drinking full stop.

Gotta say though Coxy, the Diana Vickers idea is a good one. I'd get Susan Boyle involved as I feel Diana would balk at the idea thus be given a lethal/fatal electric shock and we'd neither have to see her average face or hear her nasally whine ever again.

Job's a good 'un!

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Another idea is that if a boxer throws less than 30 power punches in a round, then said boxer gets blindfolded and a baby kangaroo place in a rucksack on his chest. 30 kangaroos, with the rage virus, then enter the ring for the 60 second round break.

I may submit these to Jose Soluiman (or however it's spelt). Most are more viable than the tosh he comes up with

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Would 30 kangaroos be sufficiently annoyed by the baby in a rucksack scenario to take their anger out solely on the fighter? Wouldn't they just attack anyone within range?

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Ok, kangaroos that were hypnotised to attack a blindfolded boxer?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

See? Now your plan doesn't look half baked, ill concieved, impossible to implement or simply the musings of a brain damaged panda

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

I'd like to be the WBSP Unified Super Regular champion in the Junior Super Light Weltermiddleweight Weight Division.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:44 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Best thread to date!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:04 pm

bellchees wrote:I'd like to be the WBSP Unified Super Regular champion in the Junior Super Light Weltermiddleweight Weight Division.
Issue a challenge, if someone accepts, it's first to post the result of the fight and then you've a 50/50 chance of winning...unless you post a result stating you lost. It coudn't be simpler

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:12 pm

As an aside, is the presenter of KOTV the same bloke that used to do those "Micro-machines come in collections of five" adverts where he was like the fastest talker in the world?

I find I have to concentrate very hard and still only get about half of what he's saying.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm

This new belt won't last long as the WBF can't get legitimacy.....

As Rowley requested....

Chest 49 in
Arms 17 1/2 in..

Not quite 5ft 5 yet....Though I have nothing against horizontally challenged people being an All American-beefster-liberal.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down