The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?

4 posters

Go down

Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?  Empty Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?

Post by bsando Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:25 pm

I am a big supporter of Mark Webber and I will obviously be sad to see him eventually leave F1 whenever that may be. However, I would be very happy if Riccardo were to replace him as Vettels team mate. He's a solid driver and top bloke too, plus he's from my home town Perth. I think it is only a matter of time and will depend on how Riccardo performs this season, but so far so good if you ask me. Riccardo P6, Vergne P18. Riccardo has out qualified his team mate every race thus far, although Vergne did finish well in one race if I recall. Still early days but I'd love to see Riccardo battling against likes of Hamilton, Vettel and Rosberg and he may well be tomorrow. Apparently Torro Rosso have integrated some new updates which have succeeded in making the car more competitive so c'mon Riccardo!!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?  Empty Re: Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Unfortunately i can't see Ricciardo in a top team mainly cos i don't think he's actually good enough to be in a top 3 team. There are plenty of better alternatives to Daniel and Jean Eric for that matter. If he improves enough it may be a different matter but i fear if he did well enough he would always end up like Felipe at Ferrari as Vettel's No.2

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?  Empty Re: Daniel Riccardo... Mark Webber's replacement?

Post by Critical_mass Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 am

im not sure about that. i dont tihnk he's been in f1 long enough to prove anything quite yet. though i have to say, yesterday he performed well. he'll stay at STR for a least a couple of seasons

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am

Good quali performance but a shocking race yesterday from Ricciardo - lost about half a dozen places in the first couple of corners and then part of his wing in contact (presumably the incident that caused Kovi's puncture). After that it was always going to be a long afternoon.

I think both Ricciardo and Vergne are reasonably talented drivers, but they need time to develop and prove themselves. Certainly would be too soon for either of them to move to a top team during or at the end of this season - my feeling is that it's going to be between Perez, Kobiashi and Di Resta for the next really good seat to become available. Suspect it's most likely to be Perez for Massa, and that could be before the end of the season (Di Resta for Schumi at Mercedes next season).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down