The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sting on why he rejected wwe

4 posters

Go down

sting on why he rejected wwe  Empty sting on why he rejected wwe

Post by Fernando Fri 01 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

The Daily Star in the UK talked to TNA Champion Sting about turning down offers from WWE to appear at WrestleMania 27.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true! It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did. There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW. I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H."

so basically he didn't want to job to taker
thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

sting on why he rejected wwe  Empty Re: sting on why he rejected wwe

Post by talkingpoint Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

This really annoys me; so he's mistrustful of Vince and WWE creative yet he signs on for TNA that has been an utter shambles since Hogan and Bishoff arrived and in his first main event since returning to the company Hardy comes out stoned and in an unfit state to wrestle causing a massive controversy and a black mark on the company's reputation...and he's happy about being there!?!?! :huh:

And why wouldn't you watch Mania? It's not being disloyal to TNA, I would have thought that wrestlers would make for wrestling fans; I just would have thought out of curiosity if nothing else guys like Sting would watch the biggest PPV of the year.

You know Sting really needs to learn when to stop. He's a 51 year old world champion still playing the guardian angel role from back in his WCW v NWO days. His character has got stale and the whole main event scene bar Anderson at the moment in TNA is horribly one dimensional - Hogan and Bishoff haven't changed and neither has Sting.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 02 Apr 2011, 10:14 pm

Totally agree with you talkingpoint, Sting needs to retire.
Also not watching Mania?, what the hell is wrong with the man!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

Its funny because talkingpoint hit the nail on the head that Rock walking out of Wrestlemania smacks of hypocrisy but do you two not think that slating Sting does as well.

Pretty much the whole IWC went into meltdown at the thought of Sting going to the WWE but now he is "stale" "needs to learn to stop" etc.

Sting staying with TNA was the right thing. Help bring on new Talent (as he will do with Anderson) instead of jobbing to the Taker for a huge payday.

I have never been a huge Sting fan but for me he has done the right thing by sticking to TNA - asfter all, Jeffs state is not his fault.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm

I see where you are coming from Hobo, for me I saw Sting facing Taker at mania as a one off deal - the realisation of a dream match. The match itself was about nostalgia if nothing else because it was two long serving icons of the business. However as Sting has obviously made plans to continue wrestling maybe for the next year I do think he needs to change more than just his ring attire.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down