The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Moon...idiot

+3
The Mangler US_UK
Pr4wn
AdZacO
7 posters

Go down

Warren Moon...idiot Empty Warren Moon...idiot

Post by AdZacO Sat 02 Apr 2011, 2:59 am

So Warren Moon has put his foot in it. He was talking on Nolan Nawrocki's harsh (but maybe fair) critisim on Newtons character. In which he states such things as ;

". Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

Then Moon made the ultimate blunder of calling it racially motivated. This is a big problem in society. One step down from the digusting act of racism, is someone shouting racism when it is clear it has nothing to with it. Nolan Nawrocki states his analysis of Clausen last year as evidence of him calling bad character in any one he sees.

Newton, as most of you know, was involved in stealing a laptop of a fellow college student. Who's father allegedly was paid a 6 figure sum so his son would play for Auburn, depiste it not being his first choice. The same guy who was caught trying to cheat academically on multiple occasions. Is that not reason to call his carachter into question.

The leadership questions are the only thing that needs answering. AS he did take his side undefeated to the nation bowl, but Nolan Nawrocki states that he has heard this from Auburn and other people that have worked with him.

So, am i mad? I know some fools still think that black quarterbacks cant make it. But reading the links below do you think this was foolish by Moon?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f0dd9c/article/moon-refutes-scouting-report-on-newton-writer-stands-by-it

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Warren Moon...idiot Empty Re: Warren Moon...idiot

Post by Pr4wn Sat 02 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

I know what you mean about this. Personally, I think that Moon has made himself look pretty stupid. It shows that if anyone isn't over the days of footballing racism, it's him.

Mind you, and I don't know why this is, there does seem to be a stigma about black QBs. Warren Moon was a superb quarterback, so was Steve Young. It also looks as though Josh Freeman is going to be a star, too. I just don't get why people highlight it.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

Well, I'll cut Moon some slack. He's endured his fair share of sh*t through the years. He's also been working with Newton to prepare him for the draft, so taking both these things into consideration, he obviously has a different perspective than a lot of people. I know it's bugged him that people have been bashing Newton for coming out of the spread offense when other QBs (I think Gabbert did too) get a pass. I think he just plain read this particular situation wrong and used it to let off a lot of steam that had built up. It'll blow over in a bit.

Of course, I don't think I want my team to draft Cam ha ha

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:29 am

Ironic really considering I make a joke about putting a black guy in my greatest qbs poll & everyone is up in arms calling me racist because of Moons absence from the list

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:31 am

This is a big problem in society. One step down from the digusting act of racism, is someone shouting racism when it is clear it has nothing to with it

Superb point I hope the guys on here who were calling me a racist take note & read this

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:51 am

Only time racism was mentioned, was Grizzly said you made a racist comment, and he only said that because you weren't prepared to back up why you'd take Cunningham over Moon, and why both were absent from the list.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 03 Apr 2011, 8:42 am

Stick to the football please Brady. We've got a good discussion going here.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 03 Apr 2011, 9:06 am

Fair enough Pr4wn

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:23 am

'Warren Moon was a superb quarterback, so was Steve Young.'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take it Steve Young suffered from a similar condition to Michael Jackson then?

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:31 am

D'oh! Doh

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 04 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

Newton's perceived shortcomings have been highlighted before elsewhere, so why is Moon suddenly coming out with this stuff?

I reckon he's said this now because its on the run up to the draft and had he said it earlier it would have been forgotten by the big day.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down