The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester Derby

+13
liverbnz
Josiah Maiestas
TopHat24/7
hornbloweroafc
Gregers
newballs
Hero
hampo17
mystiroakey
LuvSports!
Adam D
Thomond
Ent
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Manchester Derby - Page 3 Empty Manchester Derby

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Teams in:

Hart
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Toure
Silva, Nasri
Tevez Aguero

De Gea
Jones Smalling Ferdinand Evra
Nani Carrick Scholes Giggs Park
Rooney

I feel like crying seeing that United side.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Manchester Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester Derby

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:10 pm

I am from Brighton and unfortunately was around the time they were skint. I am a Blackburn fan and have been for 20 years. I am fond of Brighton. I have admiration for the fans who have over the years followed them to the Priestfield Stadium and then Withdean Stadium and when they nearly got relegated from the Football League.

Now they have Poyet and Amex Stadium I have never seen so many plastic fans show up. I have had offer for tickets and I have turned them down. For the reason I could be denying a proper fan from the match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 6:16 pm

As a student in Brighton I'd disagree on that mate

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:22 pm

Mate I have had over 17 mates of mine who have gone to the matches and they don't even support the team. That is not including the 50+ on me Facebook bigging themselves up going to Brighton matches when they support other teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 6:24 pm

No problem with supporting more than one team, would you label me under that banner for starting to support Brighton as I moved here for Uni?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:31 pm

Mate these people never went and saw them at Withdean, so what is the motivation now?

Sorry mate I am not one for supporting 2 teams, but I have no problem with people that do. To wait nearly all their lives to go to a Brighton match is cheap in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Tue 01 May 2012, 6:34 pm

Now this is getting interesing.

I'm a Newcastle fan since i was born there (obviously it's in my DNA) and regularly watched them play when visiting relatives during my childhood and then as a university student in the area.

Hero if I had a second team then it would be Macclesfield since I grew up in the area and used to occasionally go when they were in the old Northern Premier League and before they had their recent football league status.

Living in the rich part of Cheshire (not me personally sadly) growing up used to bump into a few Man Utd and City players much to my annoyance. More recently both Cantona and then Rooney lived locally with Sir Alex lording it up just up the road in Wilmslow I believe. Had little time for Utd in common with most of my friends who were all invariably City fans. In fact I can honestly count on the fingers of one hand local kids who were Utd fans. It seemed even then in the early 80s most Manchester Utd fans seemed to com from a mixture of Salford, North Manchester and London.

That's why I have a sneaking admiration for the die-hard City fans who've had to put up with their arrogant neighbours for too long. Just can't quite come round to the idea of them needing to beat N'stle to win the league. Mind you if we don't oblige you can guarantee those sad mackems won't help City's cause when they play Utd !

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 6:35 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I am from Brighton and unfortunately was around the time they were skint. I am a Blackburn fan and have been for 20 years. I am fond of Brighton. I have admiration for the fans who have over the years followed them to the Priestfield Stadium and then Withdean Stadium and when they nearly got relegated from the Football League.

Now they have Poyet and Amex Stadium I have never seen so many plastic fans show up. I have had offer for tickets and I have turned them down. For the reason I could be denying a proper fan from the match.

are you serious- the think you are doing brighton a favour by turning them down.. You havent taken the tickets because you dont wanna see them- its that simple!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I am from Brighton and unfortunately was around the time they were skint. I am a Blackburn fan and have been for 20 years. I am fond of Brighton. I have admiration for the fans who have over the years followed them to the Priestfield Stadium and then Withdean Stadium and when they nearly got relegated from the Football League.

are you serious- the think you are doing brighton a favour by turning them down.. You havent taken the tickets because you dont wanna see them- its that simple!

No mate. I will watch highlights of their games. Simples I don't want to deny a proper fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 6:38 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Mate these people never went and saw them at Withdean, so what is the motivation now?

Sorry mate I am not one for supporting 2 teams, but I have no problem with people that do. To wait nearly all their lives to go to a Brighton match is cheap in my book.

no its not at all- its good- it gives the club money.. how can clubs grow if the fan base doesnt grow!! glory hunters are the problem- it gives the top clubs all the money. Teams like palace get sucked dry by fans jumping on the team slightly further away but are more successfull. Teams like brighton lose fans to teams all over the country.

Understand the concept of support

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 6:39 pm

sorry legend we are gonna have to disagree on this- take the tickets if you want to watch brighton- buy the odd program and have good day out supporting your home team- there is nothing wrong with that at all. do you really think these games are sell outs??

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Mate these people never went and saw them at Withdean, so what is the motivation now?

no its not at all- its good- it gives the club money.. how can clubs grow if the fan base doesnt grow!! glory hunters are the problem- it gives the top clubs all the money. Teams like palace get sucked dry by fans jumping on the team slightly further away but are more successfull. Teams like brighton lose fans to teams all over the country.

Understand the concept of support

Can you provide a number to support that claim?

Mate you understand support.

So people who support Utd and never go to any of their games and yet go to Brighton games makes them fans?

Do me a favour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:41 pm

Mate some people I know can't get Brighton tickets and yet they are die hard fans. It annoys me when they have people who don't support them going to the games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 6:42 pm

Isn't it possible just to enjoy going to the match for the atmosphere, one of the best games I've ever been to was to see Southampton play Coventry back at the Dell. I didn't not support either team, nor did I have any intention of starting to, but the atmosphere took over and I had a great time.

And they can't be trying very hard to get tickets, there are usually some available even 24 hours before hand

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:44 pm

A mate of mine was a season ticket holder when they played at Withdean and she has tried and tried to get a season one at the Amex with no joy. Like I said I have no problem people doing it, granted it annoys me but it's just not for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 6:45 pm

Okay Season tickets might be a problem but normal tickets?!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 6:47 pm

Mate I got no idea how the ticket system works there. All I know is that she gives me earhole about it every time Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 6:50 pm

I am gonna be completely honest with you- i am offered palace ticket after palace ticket, I am also offered other spare season tickets for top london clubs- i hardly ever take them- but thats because i really dont wanna go at that time. If you are really, really telling me that you would like to go to these brighton games but are depriving yourself the opourtuinity because you dont feel worthy enough to go then your either stark raving mad or mother terresa!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 7:38 pm

I am crazy as bat sh!t!! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 May 2012, 7:42 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Mate some people I know can't get Brighton tickets and yet they are die hard fans. It annoys me when they have people who don't support them going to the games.

Brighton haven't come within 1,500 of full capacity once all season so can't see how that's true....?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3