The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Tart: Archive 1

+86
The_Rad_Russian
We Want Edge
MIG
imprettyfly
Utility-forward
DDT
Stan Marsh
Dexter Morgan
Lowlandbrit
Danny
FIFA Diva
uberkiwi
XR
Ent
MtotheC
silverfox
The Best in the World
DonIffy
Don Corleone187
1891_Eniluap
whatwindturbine
Kenny
Nay
TopoftheChops
legendkillar
SirJohnnyEnglish
ContraryToBelief
Shot 21 LCFC
Marsh
Gregers
DJ Legless
Jammy31
ncfc_Tooze
Kaiser
HitmanOwl
Paloma
Beer
DemonicTruthSpeaker
Mat
TwisT
sodhat
Ayrshirebhoy
Michaels, Sean
Liam_Main
Redordead
greggschickenbake
CJB
Crimey
Bonesaw's ready
Dave.
UpsideDownFace
aemili2
Enforcer
Miz NG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
steveo1986
Lex-Express
MetalMotty
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Dr Gregory House MD
Mr H
bretmeharty
Ché Guerrero
psycho-gooner
JamesLincs
Sarsippius
Andthen1
davidl1061
Fernando
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
bernard black
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Adam D
AberdeenSteve
liverbnz
Brady12
John Cena's Speech writer
Legend
The Dashing One
Kramxel
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Holymiky
ADMIN
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
90 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ask the Tart: Archive 1 - Page 7 Empty Ask the Tart: Archive 1

Post by crippledtart Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Thread archived from https://www.606v2.com/t2445-ask-the-tart - Kiwireddevil
CrippledTart wrote:
By popular demand (Miky), here is a v2 verson of my 606 thread "Ask Me Ref".

As stated on the 606 version, this isn't just for people to ask me questions (I do not consider myself to be the biggest wrestling genius in the world contrary to the impression you get from some of my posts!), it's for people to ask questions and ANYONE who knows the answer to provide it.

This is not an opinion thread, per se. It is for those random wrestling musings you may have had but never got the answer to.

So if there's anything you ever wondered about wrestling, and never knew who to ask, go for it.

Bobby Roode wrote:If Hogan and Bischoff could create their perfect wrestler, who or what would it be like?

Hero wrote:2. Austin.
He’s widely regarded as one of if not the greatest ‘star’ to grace the industry. Whilst Hogan & HHH are often derided by the IWC for using their influence and power backstage, Austin seems above derision. Firstly what abuse of politics has Austin been guilty of, and why does he not fall into the Hogan/HHH category in the eyes of the IWC?

Good question. Steve Austin definitely used his political clout at times, but it was when he thought something was bad for business. Triple H and Hogan have a tendency to bury wrestlers they see as a threat, whereas Austin to my knowledge never acted that way.

He was fiercely protective of his character, and a student of the industry who had a good idea of what was good and bad for business. He was also accused of being paranoid at times.

Austin refused to work programmes with Jeff Jarrett and Billy Gunn in the summer of 1999. Gunn because he didn't rate him, Jarrett because the two had personal heat over Jarrett criticising the "Austin 3:16" gimmick as blasphemous. There were rumours he wouldn't put over Triple H in 1999 as well, but these are believed to be unfounded (he did a job for him at No Mercy). He also refused to do the job in an unadvertised match with Brock Lesnar on Raw in 2002, arguing that it would be bad for business. Austin's logic was that, as the biggest name in the company, it would have more effect if Brock ran through others on his way to a big PPV showdown between the two, where he would be happy to put Brock over.

The business he did in 1998 and 1999 was phenomenal, and meant that he had no political challengers. However Triple H's ascendance led to tension, and Austin felt insecure in his spot as the top guy. This led to a drastic change around 2000, when he suddenly became harder to work with. Austin did not take well to Vince having a new favourite, and protected his territory any time he felt challenged. He did not last much longer as a full-time main eventer, mainly because of his condition but also largely because the situation had diminished his passion for wrestling.

Another key was Austin's character: He was the toughest guy in the room. He took on all kinds of numbers and usually won. This made incredible money but did not lend itself to putting others over. In fact the WWF didn't want him doing jobs to anyone when they could help it - even tainted ones - while so much money was rolling in. Austin's character was dominant, not just physically but also in that he took up everyone's attention. This was a big plus for the WWF in his peak run, but in his latter years it became a hindrance. As the sheriff, when he was for all intents and purposes retired, he undercut every wrestler he came into contact with. And without great feuds to sink his teeth into, his promos suffered, he relied more on the tired beer drinking routine, and became something of a parody.

Austin didn't boost an awful lot of careers, but it wasn't with malice. Therein lies the difference between him and Triple H or Hogan. For the most part, he did what he thought was right for business.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Ask the Tart: Archive 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ask the Tart: Archive 1

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:39 am

MetalMotty wrote:With all the back and forth fued between Warrior and hogan on twitter etc lately any reason why these two fell out?
Was it because of the self destruction dvd or has there always been heat?

I think there has always been a degree of heat. They were the two top stars in the WWF for a couple of years. Wrestling is a very competitive business; when two wrestlers are battling for the same spot, the most lucrative in the company, there will be a simmering jealousy if not an outright one. Vince McMahon particularly likes to foster a situation where his top star doesn't get complacent, as he thinks people will work harder if they feel they have to fend off challengers for their spot (there have been exceptions: Hogan for a while in the 80s and Cena now).

Hogan put Warrior over clean in 1990 but barely endorsed him as the next top star. The end of Wrestlemania 6 was as much about Hogan's exit as it was about Warrior celebrating his new title. The original plan was for Hogan to win a rematch at WM7, but it didn't happen. Hogan has always been adamant that, if he ever does a job for someone, he wants his win back at some point. He never got the chance to get his win back from Warrior, so in 1998 Warrior was specifically brought to WCW and paid huge money for the purpose of returning the favour to Hogan.

Warrior is also generally disliked within wrestling for appearing to have no humility or respect for the business. It helps Hogan's image within wrestling to be critical of Warrior. In addition, he has become infamous since his retirement for the comments he has made publicly on various subjects and personalities. He sometimes appears to be as spiteful as he can possibly be just for the sake of it. Like Hogan, if he perceives that someone has been critical of him, he cannot help but respond. Both are like 14 year old girls on facebook in that regard.

So I think it comes down to their personalities, their professional rivalry stretching back 20-plus years, and the fact that both love and audience and love attention.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

Electric Demon wrote:When and why did WWE ditch the old Jim Johnston compositions for wrestler's entrances, in favour of actual songs?

Is Jim Johnston dead?

Wonder if you could sed any light on this one Crips? It's one of my bugbears. I much preferred the old style, unique musics.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

Electric Demon wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:When and why did WWE ditch the old Jim Johnston compositions for wrestler's entrances, in favour of actual songs?

Is Jim Johnston dead?

Wonder if you could sed any light on this one Crips? It's one of my bugbears. I much preferred the old style, unique musics.

I know that Jim Johnston isn't dead, and that he is still composing for the WWE; however it seems much of it is focussed on the WWE Films aspect.

If I were to guess why they have moved away from his compositions for wrestlers, I'd say it was simply a populist move, to use mainstream friendly themes.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

I assume WWE pay the musicians and bands to use their music for the entrance themes? But surely the bands also get huge exposure from using one of their songs on TV every week, so they're getting paid and getting a big advantage from it, where as WWE doesn't really get anything from using mainstream music over their own productions.

Strange.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

Sorry, I did see the Jim Johnston one. He's not dead and is still employed by the company.

To be honest I'd presumed that he was still composing a lot of the entrance themes. The shift in style is probably because Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn decided that generic soft rock music is cool and contemporary, about ten years after it went out of date. Just because the songs are made by real bands doesn't mean Johnston didn't compose them. I don't know the answer for sure.

Most of the classic Johnston themes wouldn't have been used today, I expect, in the homogenised world of WWE. The company just isn't looking for anything that stands out as different or exciting, either musically or in the ring, at the moment. As strange as that sounds, WWE is in a comfort zone, and for whatever reason Vince McMahon isn't willing to try anything daring or different any more.

Obviously there are a few themes such as Cena's and Truth's raps that were not Johnston compositions (and others, eg CM Punk), but as far as I know most of the other entrance themes still have his fingerprints on them. I presumed the likes of Randy Orton, Sheamus, Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Nexus and others all come to the ring to his compositions (would any actual band really write "I hear voices in my head"?!).

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

Randy Orton's theme is actually sung by the band Rev Theory! Laugh As crazy as it seems, they do actually sing about voices being in their heads.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Randy Orton's theme is actually sung by the band Rev Theory! Laugh As crazy as it seems, they do actually sing about voices being in their heads.

Dear oh dear. I stand corrected.

Most of the entrance themes are so bland I couldn't possibly imagine them being actual songs by actual bands.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

I had a long break from the WWE for most of the noughties and have only got back into it in the last 18 months or so. My question is, what is X-Pac heat? I read about it a lot, and have no idea what that is.

thank you

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
AberdeenSteve wrote:Randy Orton's theme is actually sung by the band Rev Theory! Laugh As crazy as it seems, they do actually sing about voices being in their heads.

Most of the entrance themes are so bland I couldn't possibly imagine them being actual songs by actual bands.

I miss the Mountie, Million Dollar Man, Duggan, Warrior, LOD etc theme tunes. I could not name one theme tune used by current wrestlers that I actually like. Probably says more about my musical tastes than anything else Doh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:03 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:

I miss the Mountie, Million Dollar Man, Duggan, Warrior, LOD etc theme tunes. I could not name one theme tune used by current wrestlers that I actually like. Probably says more about my musical tastes than anything else Doh

I agree. I don't actually like any of them.

I used to love all the attitude era ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:06 pm

Miz NG wrote:I had a long break from the WWE for most of the noughties and have only got back into it in the last 18 months or so. My question is, what is X-Pac heat? I read about it a lot, and have no idea what that is.

thank you

X-Pac heat is the slightly cruel name for what is also known as "Go Away Heat".

It's the reaction of the fans when they are bored of someone and boo them, not because they are a heel and they are doing their job, but because the fans just want them to leave.

The phrase was coined around 2001 when it was noted that there was no longer any passionate reaction to anything X-Pac did, and it was felt he'd hung around the midcard far too long doing nothing of any note and generally wearing out his welcome.

Sean Waltman himself has said that he finds the phrase really hurtful.

A lot of modern day heels have Go Away Heat, because WWE and TNA put so little genuine heat on them. For some reason, the reaction to X-Pac stuck.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

I think the term is cruel on Waltman, he still shows he's a quality wrestler with one of the best performances of the year v El Generico at Chikara's King of Trios event, think he could still offer something to WWE nowadays and I'd like to see what role he'll have now he's meant to have resigned.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:20 pm

Holymiky wrote:Can you give me any examples of Vince not being happy with what someone has said on the mic and has led them to ultimately be punished for it? Like mentioning a ex WWE wrestlers name that Vince does not like for example? Any situations that stand out?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Holymiky wrote:
Holymiky wrote:Can you give me any examples of Vince not being happy with what someone has said on the mic and has led them to ultimately be punished for it? Like mentioning a ex WWE wrestlers name that Vince does not like for example? Any situations that stand out?

Sorry I can't think of any specific examples. I can only think of words which are frowned upon, for example Vince hates it when words such as "wrestling" and "belt" are used.

Promos are generally so scripted that nobody would go out and say anything Vince hasn't approved himself. It's more likely (and frequent) that a commentator gets in trouble for using language that WWE doesn't like, and if that happened Vince would respond by screaming into their headset. If it becomes a frequent thing, they might be removed from their position. Joey Styles is a prime example; Vince hated the fact that he described the action in the ring rather than getting storylines across, for instance.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

Vince also hates pronouns. Words like "he" and "it" are frowned upon. There is a very specific set of rules to follow with which words can and cannot be used.

The thing is, anyone within the company knows that, so they wouldn't repeatedly make the same mistakes.

It's very difficult to think of an instance where someone could have cut a live promo that a) wasn't approved by Vince beforehand and b) strayed from the language rules that WWE insists on.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

Does Vince still have direct correspondance with the commentators during the show?

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:47 pm

Sorry i wasn't forcing it upon you Crips was just genuinely interested!

Interesting though, thanks alot!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Vince also hates pronouns. Words like "he" and "it" are frowned upon. There is a very specific set of rules to follow with which words can and cannot be used.

The thing is, anyone within the company knows that, so they wouldn't repeatedly make the same mistakes.

It's very difficult to think of an instance where someone could have cut a live promo that a) wasn't approved by Vince beforehand and b) strayed from the language rules that WWE insists on.

Flair apparently got heat prior to his Cage match with Randy Orton at the first Taboo Teusday (I think) for saying that he had 'experiance in making virgins bleed'

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:05 am

Crips,

Brawl for all in 98, what was the deal with this? I'm guessing the event was a shoot? Any idea how the idea came about?

It looked to me like the WWF were trying either to put over Doctor Death Steve Williams as a legit tough guy or 'Marvellous' Marc Mero as a legit Boxer sort of gimmick. Both failed as both bombed in the tourney (which suggests it wasn't a work) & they just decided to have Butterbean squash Bart Gunn as they never wanted him to win anyway!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:44 am

Brawl for All was done for the sole purpose to put Dr Death over, this is a major reason I'm not a fan of JR, He became so incensed that Bart Gunn knocked out 'his guy' that he booked him in a legit boxing match with a legit boxer in Butterbean at WM15, after winning BFA Gunn could hardley turn it down but it was a disgrace and it diced with the guys life

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:49 am

the-gaffer wrote:Brawl for All was done for the sole purpose to put Dr Death over, this is a major reason I'm not a fan of JR, He became so incensed that Bart Gunn knocked out 'his guy' that he booked him in a legit boxing match with a legit boxer in Butterbean at WM15, after winning BFA Gunn could hardley turn it down but it was a disgrace and it diced with the guys life

Gaffer is right, it was all about getting Williams over, but it bombed. I have heard that JR was furious about it but I don't know how much truth there is in that. He wasn't on the booking committee at that time so I'm not sure how he would have booked the Butterbean-Gunn match, but if he did have anything to do with it he was extremely unprofessional; that match should never have happened. Whoever booked it should not have done so.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:18 am

The apprehension in Bart Gunns face before the Butterbean match says it all, they sent him out there to get knocked out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:26 am

Kurt Angle's departure was claimed to be due to health related issues, is this the truth or was there any other reasons behind him leaving?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:38 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Kurt Angle's departure was claimed to be due to health related issues, is this the truth or was there any other reasons behind him leaving?

Angle was (and possibly still is) a painkiller addict. He refused to get help and was considered too dangerous to keep on the payroll because of all the bad publicity he could garner if he died; it is rumoured that around the time of Eddie Guerrero's passing, Angle was on deathwatch, ie someone was keeping an eye on him at all times for fear of him killing himself through pain pill abuse.

WWE had just implemented its wellness policy, and there was no way Angle could legitimately have passed the test. They didn't want him dying and didn't want to deal with the toxicology reports that would follow. Maybe there was more they could do to help (like taking him off the road, for a start), but if he didn't want help they didn't want him around.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:10 am

Morning all, interesting reads on here!

What was the idea behind DX 2? I found it very entertaining and i think it's a shame that i missed the original. Who's idea was DX to start with and the second time?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:41 am

DX was the brainchild of Vince Russo who suggested it in retaliation to WCW's NWO, Russo wasn't the actual brains behind the project but he did make the initial suggestion, it was all down to Shawn Micheals agreeing to it, apparantly Russo thought of it when Shawn gave the Kliq sign at WM13 and the following night on Nitro Nash said "right back at ya HBK". The second coming was more to do with selling merch and to get HHH a face turn

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

Just to add to what gaffer said, Michaels and 888 were good friends who'd wanted to work together for a long time, but 888 wasn't considered a big enough star to be associated with Michaels (it would be like randomly teaming John Cena and Drew MacIntyre today).

With the company eager to shift to a more adult format, and create its own version of the NWO, they pulled the trigger on DX and satisfied Michaels' desire to work with his friend. At the time, it was a genuinely edgy act, but all the talk about them going against the script is complete BS. Anything they ever did on Raw was scripted.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

Crips, When is Hulk Hogan going to grow up?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

Cheers Crips, I knew it wasn't just because he was injured.

I take it he'd obviously need to get clean if he was ever to consider a WWE return?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:25 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Cheers Crips, I knew it wasn't just because he was injured.

I take it he'd obviously need to get clean if he was ever to consider a WWE return?

I think that's why it's never been a serious consideration. He knows he would not pass the medical. For all the talking he does, deep down he knows that TNA is the only company that would have him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:28 pm

Yeah, I did think that. It makes him sound completely crazy for thinking he'll manage to compete in the Olympics!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

Any truth in the accusations Hogan has levelled at Warrior that he once was a male escort?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

Laugh no way, is that the latest? Hahaha thats brilliant

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

lol there is a few, apparently Hogan used to pimp out his wife according to warrior

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 10 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

When will Hulk Hogan ever stop

🤦

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

We all know that WWE likes to trademark names etc. so force wrestlers to adopt a ring name which they can copyright.

But how come they've allowed some guys to use their real names? The ones that come to mind for me are John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle and Bobby Lashley as well as the Hardy brothers. Is there any reason these guys were allowed to use their real names?

I noticed that three of those guys all have amateur wrestling backgrounds, does that have anything to do with why they're allowed to keep their real name. But surely nobody actually knew them from their amateur wrestling background?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:We all know that WWE likes to trademark names etc. so force wrestlers to adopt a ring name which they can copyright.

But how come they've allowed some guys to use their real names? The ones that come to mind for me are John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle and Bobby Lashley as well as the Hardy brothers. Is there any reason these guys were allowed to use their real names?

I noticed that three of those guys all have amateur wrestling backgrounds, does that have anything to do with why they're allowed to keep their real name. But surely nobody actually knew them from their amateur wrestling background?

There are a couple of reasons why the wrestler might use his/her real name:
1) It's a really, really good name that sounds better than anything creative can come up with.
2) In the case of amateur wrestlers or multi-generation wrestlers, it means the company can talk up their background without any awkwardness (the kind of awkwardness that always happens when they talk about Michael McGillicutty being fourth generation despite the fact that no wrestling fans have ever heard of any wrestlers called McGillicutty before). They can say "Kurt Angle was an Olympic Gold Medallist" without adding "under his real name of..."

I'd imagine the likes of Angle and Lesnar would have wanted to perform under their given names, as it adds to their "wrestling machine" personas. I don't think they would want a gimmicky name and it wouldn't suit them.

I don't know why John Cena uses his real name. I've never thought it was a very good wrestling name. It doesn't sound good or look right. Kurt Angle sounds like a wrestler name. In fact it sounds so much like a wrestler name that you wouldn't even know for sure whether it was his real name. John Cena doesn't sound like a name that you'd make up for a wrestler. Neither does Bobby Lashley. It's one of the least tough names I've ever heard. But WWE obviously liked their real names or thought there was value in them.

I think there are a lot of complexities to it though. I could go on about it and contradict myself, but I'd say in short it all comes down to whether WWE feels that the name suits the wrestler, or whether they want to try and come up with a better one.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

The one I was always most surprised about was CM Punk, every other guy that's transferred from ROH to WWE has had a name change, why not Punk?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Hero wrote:The one I was always most surprised about was CM Punk, every other guy that's transferred from ROH to WWE has had a name change, why not Punk?

No idea. I was surprised by it too. The strangest thing is, it's not even like CM Punk is a really great name!

Maybe they thought with a rubbish name like that he wouldn't get over...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

Crips,

I've alway wondered why Andre is recognised as a former WWF world champ but Ted Di Biase Snr isn't? Any idea?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

Thanks Tart!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

To be fair. Brock Lesnar is an awesome name

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

UpsideDownFace wrote:To be fair. Brock Lesnar is an awesome name

Brock Lesnar is an amazing name. It just sounds like a hard f**ker. It's a name you'd give a wrestler.

I think the worst ever "real" wrestling name was B.G.James - it reminds me of J.R.Hartley

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Brock is a name for a badger.

Not that hard.

Can give you TB though

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Brady12 wrote:Crips,

I've alway wondered why Andre is recognised as a former WWF world champ but Ted Di Biase Snr isn't? Any idea?

Because Andre "won" the title, whereas Dibiase bought it.

Andre was awarded the belt as a result of a pinfall victory - however questionable - and then sold it to Dibiase, which was not recognised by the company. Why on earth the WWF couldn't have just given the belt back to Andre I don't know, presumably because he'd won the belt under such controversial circumstances, or presumably because they wanted to get the belt off Hogan without him doing a clean job or getting rematches!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

I'm sure there will be a few collective groans on the mention of this topic but...

After the Montreal Screwjob, who else nearly walked?
I have it down as Davey Boy, Jim Neidhart and Rick Rude left whilst Foley & Undertaker were extremely close to. Is that correct and was there anyone else who threatened to quit?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

Hero wrote:I'm sure there will be a few collective groans on the mention of this topic but...

After the Montreal Screwjob, who else nearly walked?
I have it down as Davey Boy, Jim Neidhart and Rick Rude left whilst Foley & Undertaker were extremely close to. Is that correct and was there anyone else who threatened to quit?

Owen Hart wanted out of his contract but Vince wouldn't release him. Owen was eventually sweetened with the promise of a main event push, but Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin both refused to work with him (for very different reasons), so he ended up spinning his wheels.

Undertaker strongly disagreed with it and as a locker room leader he took it upon himself to get involved, but he was never genuinely close to walking.

I'm not aware of anyone else who walked or threatened to walk other than those you mention.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

Following on from the last post Crips, why did Austin not want to work with Owen Hart?

Was it just the neck break making Austin feel he wasn't safe? I've read so many times Austin didn't blame Owen or bear malice for it, so I'd be surprised (kind of...) if he didn't want him pushed because of it.

I'm assuming HBK just didn't want to work with another Hart....

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

sodhat wrote:Following on from the last post Crips, why did Austin not want to work with Owen Hart?

Was it just the neck break making Austin feel he wasn't safe? I've read so many times Austin didn't blame Owen or bear malice for it, so I'd be surprised (kind of...) if he didn't want him pushed because of it.

I'm assuming HBK just didn't want to work with another Hart....

Correct on both counts. Austin didn't feel comfortable working with the man who broke his neck. I think his attitude has softened since Owen's death, but he definitely felt a lot of anger towards Owen at the time. Austin was very hot-headed and highly strung in those days, and he'd almost had his career taken away from him.

I think Owen's death put it in perspective for Austin, and he regretted the bitterness he'd felt, hence why the story has gradually changed to Austin holding no malice towards him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 14 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

Didn’t they work between that though for the Intercontinental title?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next