The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the Tart: Archive 1

+86
The_Rad_Russian
We Want Edge
MIG
imprettyfly
Utility-forward
DDT
Stan Marsh
Dexter Morgan
Lowlandbrit
Danny
FIFA Diva
uberkiwi
XR
Ent
MtotheC
silverfox
The Best in the World
DonIffy
Don Corleone187
1891_Eniluap
whatwindturbine
Kenny
Nay
TopoftheChops
legendkillar
SirJohnnyEnglish
ContraryToBelief
Shot 21 LCFC
Marsh
Gregers
DJ Legless
Jammy31
ncfc_Tooze
Kaiser
HitmanOwl
Paloma
Beer
DemonicTruthSpeaker
Mat
TwisT
sodhat
Ayrshirebhoy
Michaels, Sean
Liam_Main
Redordead
greggschickenbake
CJB
Crimey
Bonesaw's ready
Dave.
UpsideDownFace
aemili2
Enforcer
Miz NG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
steveo1986
Lex-Express
MetalMotty
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Dr Gregory House MD
Mr H
bretmeharty
Ché Guerrero
psycho-gooner
JamesLincs
Sarsippius
Andthen1
davidl1061
Fernando
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
bernard black
more_awesome_than_a_ri
Adam D
AberdeenSteve
liverbnz
Brady12
John Cena's Speech writer
Legend
The Dashing One
Kramxel
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
Holymiky
ADMIN
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
90 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ask the Tart: Archive 1 - Page 17 Empty Ask the Tart: Archive 1

Post by crippledtart Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Thread archived from https://www.606v2.com/t2445-ask-the-tart - Kiwireddevil
CrippledTart wrote:
By popular demand (Miky), here is a v2 verson of my 606 thread "Ask Me Ref".

As stated on the 606 version, this isn't just for people to ask me questions (I do not consider myself to be the biggest wrestling genius in the world contrary to the impression you get from some of my posts!), it's for people to ask questions and ANYONE who knows the answer to provide it.

This is not an opinion thread, per se. It is for those random wrestling musings you may have had but never got the answer to.

So if there's anything you ever wondered about wrestling, and never knew who to ask, go for it.

Bobby Roode wrote:If Hogan and Bischoff could create their perfect wrestler, who or what would it be like?

Hero wrote:2. Austin.
He’s widely regarded as one of if not the greatest ‘star’ to grace the industry. Whilst Hogan & HHH are often derided by the IWC for using their influence and power backstage, Austin seems above derision. Firstly what abuse of politics has Austin been guilty of, and why does he not fall into the Hogan/HHH category in the eyes of the IWC?

Good question. Steve Austin definitely used his political clout at times, but it was when he thought something was bad for business. Triple H and Hogan have a tendency to bury wrestlers they see as a threat, whereas Austin to my knowledge never acted that way.

He was fiercely protective of his character, and a student of the industry who had a good idea of what was good and bad for business. He was also accused of being paranoid at times.

Austin refused to work programmes with Jeff Jarrett and Billy Gunn in the summer of 1999. Gunn because he didn't rate him, Jarrett because the two had personal heat over Jarrett criticising the "Austin 3:16" gimmick as blasphemous. There were rumours he wouldn't put over Triple H in 1999 as well, but these are believed to be unfounded (he did a job for him at No Mercy). He also refused to do the job in an unadvertised match with Brock Lesnar on Raw in 2002, arguing that it would be bad for business. Austin's logic was that, as the biggest name in the company, it would have more effect if Brock ran through others on his way to a big PPV showdown between the two, where he would be happy to put Brock over.

The business he did in 1998 and 1999 was phenomenal, and meant that he had no political challengers. However Triple H's ascendance led to tension, and Austin felt insecure in his spot as the top guy. This led to a drastic change around 2000, when he suddenly became harder to work with. Austin did not take well to Vince having a new favourite, and protected his territory any time he felt challenged. He did not last much longer as a full-time main eventer, mainly because of his condition but also largely because the situation had diminished his passion for wrestling.

Another key was Austin's character: He was the toughest guy in the room. He took on all kinds of numbers and usually won. This made incredible money but did not lend itself to putting others over. In fact the WWF didn't want him doing jobs to anyone when they could help it - even tainted ones - while so much money was rolling in. Austin's character was dominant, not just physically but also in that he took up everyone's attention. This was a big plus for the WWF in his peak run, but in his latter years it became a hindrance. As the sheriff, when he was for all intents and purposes retired, he undercut every wrestler he came into contact with. And without great feuds to sink his teeth into, his promos suffered, he relied more on the tired beer drinking routine, and became something of a parody.

Austin didn't boost an awful lot of careers, but it wasn't with malice. Therein lies the difference between him and Triple H or Hogan. For the most part, he did what he thought was right for business.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Ask the Tart: Archive 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: Ask the Tart: Archive 1

Post by JoshSansom Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

Don Corleone187 wrote:Could the WWE buy TNA and make it cease to exist so it doesn't have any major rivals?

Of course, if they made an offer that TNA's management couldn't refuse! Wink But in all seriousness there is no reason why they would, TNA aren't competition for the WWE... they aren't big enough and even if to some microscopic degree they were considered competition it would be nothing in comparison to UFC (and other PPV based sports), MNF and other forms of entertainment.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:20 am

sodhat wrote:Another Taker related one...

What's his relationship like with Kane? I've always wondered considering their gimmicks are so intertwined and they must have spent a great deal of time together over the years working on matches and as a tag team.

They are close friends and have been going back to the mid 90s. I can't say for sure, but I would imagine Taker was instrumental in Glen Jacobs' selection to play the role of Kane in the first place.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:36 am

Prob an obvious question but what is behind all the jokes about jomo fapping off on a wardrobe whilst melina was putting it about?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

Ent wrote:Prob an obvious question but what is behind all the jokes about jomo fapping off on a wardrobe whilst melina was putting it about?

Melina has a reputation for cracking on to most of the locker room (particularly Dave Batista) and JoMo has a reputation for knowing, standing by her and not doing anything about it. As such he has very little respect on boards such as this and therefore comedic situations were created whereby JoMo would be watching Melina being seen to. Combining it with his existing parkour was, well, comedy gold.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Mon 24 Oct 2011, 1:15 pm

Back in 2005 i think it was, on raw they moved the announcer table close to the entrance stage. Why was this?

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:01 pm

Given his success has JBL helped the locker room out with financial advice , and if so who ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:03 pm

I was reading about the Montreal Screwjob the other day (I'd never heard of it either Smile ) and the author wrote that Vince McMahon's infamous "Bret screwed Bret" speech was a master stroke because it transformed him into the evil Mr. McMahon character.

I've always thought that the intention of that speech was to make Bret Hart seem like an ungrateful barsteward who turned his back on everyone in the company and all the fans, not to make Vince McMahon a full blown heel.

I just think that the speech back-fired on Vince and made fans end up hating him even more, which the WWF then ran with.

What's your take on it crips?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 25 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I was reading about the Montreal Screwjob the other day (I'd never heard of it either Smile ) and the author wrote that Vince McMahon's infamous "Bret screwed Bret" speech was a master stroke because it transformed him into the evil Mr. McMahon character.

I've always thought that the intention of that speech was to make Bret Hart seem like an ungrateful barsteward who turned his back on everyone in the company and all the fans, not to make Vince McMahon a full blown heel.

I just think that the speech back-fired on Vince and made fans end up hating him even more, which the WWF then ran with.

That's probably how it was, but the fans loved bret so much and then you had austin tearing it up, they turned to him instead of McMahon i guess

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:28 pm

Crips, does FCW have a national tv deal in the states?

is it even shown on tv in the state of Florida?

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 31 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

How is the Rock thought of in the pro wrestling industry? Is he respected due to his ability to draw, take the business into the mainstream and willingness to do the job to others; or is he seen as someone who sold out when he could and he now tried to distance himself / come in and out at his leisure?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:10 am

DonIffy wrote:Back in 2005 i think it was, on raw they moved the announcer table close to the entrance stage. Why was this?

I think they were just trying to shake up the formula a bit, as Raw had looked the same for a number of years. If I remember correctly, it was a bit earlier than 2005, when Bischoff was first GM, and there were rumours online that it was part of a kayfabe Bischoff attempt to "turn Raw into Nitro", with Smackdown being the top WWE show and running in competition with Bischoff's "WCW". I'm not sure if that was ever the plan, but obviously it never happened, and the announcers eventually ended up back where they began.

Last edited by Davieswasacrippledtart on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fool)

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:17 am

Hero wrote:Following on from that with Taker...

Heard in the past he was often in charge of the Wrestlers Court backstage and that it was used as an inhouse discipline with humiliating punishments if found guilty.
Not heard much of it being used in the last few years though, do you know if they still use it and if so who are the judges?

Any idea on this one?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:21 am

Who are the top 5 most powerful figures in pro wrestling?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I was reading about the Montreal Screwjob the other day (I'd never heard of it either Smile ) and the author wrote that Vince McMahon's infamous "Bret screwed Bret" speech was a master stroke because it transformed him into the evil Mr. McMahon character.

I think the McMahon heel character was a moment of accidental genius.

You may already know this, but Vince had portrayed a heel character a few years earlier in Memphis when he and Jerry Lawler first co-operated. Look up "McMemphis" on a popular video sharing website to see Mr McMahon five years before he was Mr McMahon (at a time when he was still playing the buffoon announcer in a cartoonish WWF). So he knew the character was inside him, and maybe had always felt that it could come in handy at some point.

But, the "Bret Screwed Bret" promo was a desperate attempt to stop what little viewers Raw had left tuning into Nitro to see Bret Hart. With extra make-up heaped on his black eye, and a sad look on his face, Vince talked in solemn tones about how Bret had forced him to do what was right for business. It was so melodramatic that it was comical. But I think it's safe to say this wasn't Vince's intention.

In hindsight, it fits perfectly with the Mr McMahon character we saw later on, but at the time it was (believe it or not) supposed to make Vince sympathetic, and not intended to lay the seeds for his future heel character. I think you are right in saying that the fans' resentment to the whole Montreal incident (including this promo) was what led to the creation of Vince's heel character.

I would even go as far as to say that, logically, the last thing Vince would have planned to do after Montreal was turn heel. He would have considered it a suicidal move with the fans' trust in the product at an all-time low. But after Wrestlemania 14, when they had their new hero in Steve Austin, business was going through the roof, and Vince was still considered the devil incarnate by many, the timing was perfect.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:34 am

JoshSansom wrote:How is the Rock thought of in the pro wrestling industry? Is he respected due to his ability to draw, take the business into the mainstream and willingness to do the job to others; or is he seen as someone who sold out when he could and he now tried to distance himself / come in and out at his leisure?

A bit of both. The wrestling industry is very much like the mafia; once you're in, you never leave. The Rock left, and made more money than wrestling could have ever paid him, and worked less hours, and proved there is life outside wrestling.

Even The Rock himself felt the need to go back, even though he really doesn't need wrestling, presumably because of a burning guilt for walking away in the first place.

I would say that the people who resent him come from two distinct groups; bitter veteran wrestlers who have dedicated their lives to the industry with much less reward than Rock, and young wrestlers who came through the WWE system and have been thoroughly brainwashed. Which makes up a lot of wrestlers.
Anyone with half a brain can see that, not only did Rock win all ends up, but all of those resentful wrestlers would have done exactly the same thing in the same situation! After all, why do wrestlers make movies if they're not interested in a movie career?....

Not to say there aren't plenty of rational people in the industry who appreciate his body of wrestling work and are pleased for him. And I'm sure when he walks into a locker room everyone is perfectly fine and respectful towards him. After all, he's a bigger star than any of them.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:Who are the top 5 most powerful figures in pro wrestling?

Right now I would say:
1) Vince McMahon
2) Kevin Dunn
3) Triple H
4) Stephanie McMahon
5) Brian Gewirtz
based on Vince McMahon being the undisputed most powerful person, and the other four being (in order) the ones who can influence him the most.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:

Right now I would say:
1) Vince McMahon
2) Kevin Dunn
3) Triple H
4) Stephanie McMahon
5) Brian Gewirtz
based on Vince McMahon being the undisputed most powerful person, and the other four being (in order) the ones who can influence him the most.

HHH above Stephanie, eh?

Does this mean Vince sees HHH as effectively his own son, and all the trust that comes with that?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:

Right now I would say:
1) Vince McMahon
2) Kevin Dunn
3) Triple H
4) Stephanie McMahon
5) Brian Gewirtz

so not one person from any other organisation?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:48 am

Sodhat, I was tempted to put them joint third, but I have put Triple H above Stephanie because by all accounts he is more involved in day-to-day operations these days, and he is apparently the one being groomed to take over the company from Vince, so I would presume he has more influence than Stephanie (but I would say it is very close).

Hobo, no way. As much of a difference as Paul Heyman, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff, Brock Lesnar, Jim Cornette, Gabe Sapolsky and others could make to the industry, right now WWE is dominant (due mainly to TNA's failings than its own good practice).

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:49 am

If I haven't answered any questions it's because I don't know!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:If I haven't answered any questions it's because I don't know!

No worries, does anyone else know in regards to my query on the Wrestler's court?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:59 am

So where does Shane McMahon fit in that list? I know he has a succesfull sport talent relations business now (he looks after Rory Mcilroy), but has Vince disowned him or something?

If Vince and Steph and HHH die in an accident, surely Shane would step in?

Hero.....last I heard about it was in a interview by Jeremy Buck for Powerslam magazine, when he mentioned it after sitting on Booker's coat. I think it still goes on, but maybe it is Kane or Big Show as a judge. There must be some sort of heirarchy in the dressing room, and the court keeps people in check. Only difference is that the big voices of yesteryear (Undertaker, JBL etc) are not around. The locker room isn't full of dominant figures.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

xTwisTx wrote:So where does Shane McMahon fit in that list? I know he has a succesfull sport talent relations business now (he looks after Rory Mcilroy), but has Vince disowned him or something?

If Vince and Steph and HHH die in an accident, surely Shane would step in?

Hero.....last I heard about it was in a interview by Jeremy Buck for Powerslam magazine, when he mentioned it after sitting on Booker's coat.

That was up there with some of the worst humanity crimes known to man, surprised that didn't go the Hague rather than just Wrestlers Court.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:05 am

It is not such a isolated thing. I have heard of the like mentioned for Ice Hockey teams, NFL and football. But not to the extreme that wrestling takes it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Corleone187 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

would the WWE ever do another ring entrance like the one The Blue Blazer (Owen Hart R.I.P) used to do or is it banned?
Don Corleone187
Don Corleone187

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:33 am

I'm trying to recall now if it has ever been done since Owen by any fed and I cannot recollect it at all.
Anyone else?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:39 am

Shawn Michaels used a rip slide in his Iron man match against Bret Hart at WM 12 (?) but that was before Owen died. Reason why I mention it is I cannot remember anyone doing anything like those two events.

Not surprised.....health and saftey has gone mental since Owen died, so if anything did go wrong (to the wrestler or a fan watching), then the payout would be huge.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:50 am

What about Suicide when chris daniels was portraying the character he came to the ring on a zip line every week not as high as hbk but over the crowd that was only about 2 years ago

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

xTwisTx wrote:So where does Shane McMahon fit in that list? I know he has a succesfull sport talent relations business now (he looks after Rory Mcilroy), but has Vince disowned him or something?

It ties in with the Rock question I think; once you leave, you're considered something of a turncoat. Vince and Shane's personal relationship definitely suffered from Shane leaving WWE, and I think their professional one probably suffered even more.

It's also worth considering that Shane doesn't necessarily want to run the company even if Vince, Triple H and Stephanie got run over by a bus.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 01 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

Re the zip wire entrance, I think one other important factor is that it would be highly insensitive.

It's just not worth WWE doing it in my opinion. The same way it wouldn't be worth them doing a double murder suicide angle.

People can talk about health & safety etc but sometimes it just comes down to decency (although we are talking about WWE here!). I'm sure that it's legal to do a zip wire entrance, but it would just be so unnecessary and tasteless that I think they are correct in avoiding such a thing.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Who were officially punished after the plane ride from hell and who were punished through the wrestlers' court?

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:43 pm

Miz NG wrote:Who were officially punished after the plane ride from hell and who were punished through the wrestlers' court?

Scott Hall and Curt Hennig were fired, from what I recall. Although given the two were a) expendable and b) drug addicts, it was probably the excuse WWE was looking for.

I imagine there was some kind of punishment for Brock Lesnar and Goldust via wrestlers' court. Flair wouldn't have been punished and X-Pac was probably considered a hero...

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

What happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:52 pm

Electric Demon wrote:What happened?

On a flight back from the UK (I think) in 2002, a lot of wrestlers got very drunk.

Curt Hennig and Brock Lesnar took part in an amateur wrestling match at 30,000 feet, and had to eventually be separated when things got out of hand worryingly close to an emergency exit.

Michael Hayes and Bradshaw had a drunken argument which resulted in Hayes making a fool of himself, and X-Pac cutting off his ponytail while he slept.

Goldust publicly humiliated his ex-wife Terri Runnels, serenading her until he was eventually stopped by Jim Ross.

Ric Flair walked around naked a lot.

Some flight attendants complained of sexual harrassment (very possibly from a drunken Flair).

I actually can't remember what Scott Hall did, so he may not have been fired as a direct result of the flight, but this was right around the time of his release. Can anyone else remember his involvement, if any?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

I think the wrestlers were flying back from the UK when a number of them got drunk and it all got out of hand.

Crips, what happened to Todd Pettingill? I remember him from Saturday morning's Mania, and then he disappeared!

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

They should have filmed it Laugh

I've never heard fo this. Brilliant. Thanks Crips

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Miz NG wrote:I think the wrestlers were flying back from the UK when a number of them got drunk and it all got out of hand.

Crips, what happened to Todd Pettingill? I remember him from Saturday morning's Mania, and then he disappeared!

He was reincarnated as Michael Cole.

I don't know for sure what happened to him, to be honest, but if he didn't end up performing at kids' birthday parties it was a great waste of "talent". His last WWF appearance was Summerslam 1997 when the company tried to give away $1 million but the whole thing went wrong. I think that summed up Todd Pettengill.

To me, he represented everything that made wrestling fans cringe at the mid 90s WWF product. He was just so damn enthusiastic, but so painfully uncool and out of his comfort zone and I imagine Vince liked to use him as a verbal punching bag backstage. Todd Pettengill was the embodiment of what ECW and smart fans were rising up against, and the timing of his departure, coming in the final PPV before the company fully embraced its new "attitude", was fitting and probably not coincidental.

I expect he ended up on a shopping channel or something similar.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

On Scott Hall:

This is from wiki: "Hall was however fired from the company after Insurrextion 2002. No official explanation has ever been released by the company nor Hall himself."

Wiki also mentions that Hall was negiotiating a release from his contract shortly after Backlash. I also remember him supposedly turing up drunk to one episode of RAW, so it was probably a culmination of things in the end.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:24 pm

Listened to a great interview with Sean Waltman & Wade Keller the other day (I suspect you heard it Crips)... Got me thinking about his friendship with HHH & I was wondering it is was/is strained by the whole Chyna thing?

Alright Triple H came out of the whole Chyna stuff smelling of roses but I don't think I'd be too pleased if one of the best mates slept with my ex & posted it all over the net?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:33 pm

Brady12 wrote:Listened to a great interview with Sean Waltman & Wade Keller the other day (I suspect you heard it Crips)... Got me thinking about his friendship with HHH & I was wondering it is was/is strained by the whole Chyna thing?

Alright Triple H came out of the whole Chyna stuff smelling of roses but I don't think I'd be too pleased if one of the best mates slept with my ex & posted it all over the net?

I heard it, Waltman is always great to listen to, especially when it's Torch-related as he and Keller go back 20 years or more.

I imagine Triple H and Waltman's relationship was strained - or at least awkward - when Waltman was with Chyna, but I doubt it's a problem for either of them now. It was a very destructive relationship and I'm sure Triple H is pleased to have his friend back, and delighted to be shot of Chyna!

To be honest, if I was Triple H, my only complaint would be the embarrassment that I'd banged such a dog.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

I should really of end my post with... Well I suppose I've never been out with a shemale like Chyna before

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

One night with Chyna ranks alongside Animal Farm in "Wrong on every level" porn movies

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

Regarding Scott Hall on the Plane Ride from Hell, he got so drunk he passed out, to the point where people had to check that he was actually still breathing.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu 03 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Crips, Whats with wrestlers dumping in other wrestlers bags and sandwiches?

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

Tarto;

I've oft heard it said that Wrestlers "earn a big payday" when they appear at Wrestlemania.

Is this true? I always assumed they were paid a salary.

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:22 pm

I'm sure I have heard that there is a bonus for appearing on the card

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Todd Pettingill is now a radio DJ in New York btw.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 05 Nov 2011, 12:43 am

Electric Demon wrote:Tarto;

I've oft heard it said that Wrestlers "earn a big payday" when they appear at Wrestlemania.

Is this true? I always assumed they were paid a salary.

Wrestlers do receive a salary, but they also earn a big payday from Wrestlemania.

The salary is a downside guarantee, i.e. the minimum they can earn in a given year. But their actual earnings are based on a percentage of ticket receipts and a cut of PPV revenue. Say John Cena's salary is $2 million; he might actually earn $3-4 million over the course of the year, but if he was to only earn $1.6 million in a year from his cut of gate receipts and PPV revenue, WWE would pay him an extra 400k to make up his downside guarantee.

The cut each wrestler receives is entirely dependent on Vince McMahon's discretion, but it isn't an exagerration to say that a wrestler could earn well into six figures purely from their Wrestlemania cut, however this would be a very prominent wrestler on the card. Where Cena might get $200-300k for one night's work at 'Mania, Heath Slater would maybe get $5k.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 05 Nov 2011, 8:21 am

Laugh thanks Crips.

Still $5k's not to be sniffed at hey?

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Mon 07 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

I've heard rumours of wrestlers being annoyed when someone else takes their monkier eg The Nature Boy. Has anyone tried to sue a wrestler or company for using a nickname someone else uses?

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next