The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game

+5
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Imperialbigdave
RDW
9 posters

Go down

Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game Empty Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game

Post by RDW Fri 04 May 2012, 10:59 am

Edinburgh Rugby team to play Treviso at Murrayfield Stadium on Saturday 5 May (kick-off 7.30pm): 15 Chris Paterson; 14 Tom Brown, 13 Nick De Luca, 12 Matt Scott, 11 Tim Visser; 10 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN, 9 Chris Leck; 1 Allan Jacobsen, 2 Ross Ford, 3 Geoff Cross, 4 Grant Gilchrist, 5 Sean Cox, 6 David Denton, 7 Ross Rennie, 8 Roddy Grant

Substitutes: 16 Andrew Kelly, 17 Kyle Traynor, 18 Jack Gilding, 19 Steven Turnbull, 20 Alan MacDonald, 21 Alex Black, 22 Harry Leonard, 23 Phil Godman

Not available through injury: Mike Blair (shoulder), Ben Cairns (knee), James King (groin), Steven Lawrie (knee), Esteban Lozada (chest)

Good looking team - glad to see he hasn't just rested all the Scotland guys. I do hope however that Roddy Grant and Dave Denton have the wrong numbers assigned to them....would be madness to have Denton at 6 and Grant at 8!

Great to see Mossy ( notworthy ) starting - will be sad to see him go Sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game Empty Re: Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game

Post by Imperialbigdave Fri 04 May 2012, 11:05 am

Hopefully get a decent turnout to send the guys off.

Shame Mikey B wont be playing. hopefully hell be down at the touchline though.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game Empty Re: Edinburgh V Trevisio - Mossy's last ever game

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 04 May 2012, 11:09 am

15, 16, 17, 18, 20 & 23 - last appearances in an Edinburgh shirt

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 May 2012, 11:12 am

I really hope we give Trevisio a humping. There's no excuses really - that's pretty much the team of the Heineken cup semi final and we've got the motivation of the departing players to get the guys up for it.

Trevisio are a tough team but I really hope we can end on a high after such a good season in the HK!

I assume all the departing players will be there for a send off, and hope there's a good crowd.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 04 May 2012, 1:40 pm

Agreed, no excuses here. There should be HC intensity from Edinburgh in this one, finishing the season with a win.

Roddy Grant at 8 must just be a misprint. If he plays 8 with Denton at 6 then Bradley's goes down several notches in my book. That would be a Moffat-esque sin.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 05 May 2012, 9:47 pm

Well how very fitting, Chris Paterson scores a try and is awarded MOM on his last ever game.
Well done Mossy! notworthy

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 05 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Anyhow final score of 44-21 isn't to bad? Didn't see the game, so I'm basing this on the tweets from the Edinburgh feed. 5 tries to 3. Pretty good, plus great to see Visser end his mini try drought!

On the downside though by all accounts the tries Edinburgh conceded were pretty soft? 2 coming when Treviso were a man down is poor.

Still good to get back to wining ways. Bring on next season!

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:21 pm

Just read the match report on the BBC and ouch! That must be Edinburgh's worst attandence of the season? A measly 2,855. Granted it was a low end of the table clash and the end of a long season. but I'd have hoped that more people would have turned out to bid farewell to Mossy

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 06 May 2012, 2:04 am

GLove39
I was at the game and it was still a good atmosphere despite it being a low attendance, the crowd were on their feet on a few occasions to give mossy a send off.
Think what hit Edinburgh today was with the 7s being on in Glasgow which drew some of the regular fans through to that.
Was thoroughly impressed by Chris Paterson after the game in the club house, he was swamped by people asking for photos and autographs but he made sure he spoke to everyone and put a big effort in.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 06 May 2012, 8:39 am

Well done Mossy - a true Scottish rugby legend notworthy
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 06 May 2012, 10:49 am

I was surprised at the attendance figure - I was at the Scarlets game a few weeks ago and that looked a lot more empty but had a bigger attendance.

Great send off for Mossy though - I grabbed him when just before the final whislte and got a picture with him!! Yahoo

Can also say that I was shaking his hand when they announced him as MOTM - in true Mossy style he was shaking his head and saying for gods sake that they'd given it to him.

Take away Mossy, and it was actually a very good game! Laidlaw had a fantastic game and was the real MOTM. I also thought De Luca and Scott had a fantastic game, and Visser looked strong.

Great end to the season! OK

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 06 May 2012, 10:50 am

Treviso were quite impressive when they got turnover ball, and looked for mismatches well. There was one point when they had about 4 backs attacking our blindside with only Chunk fordy and Dr Geoff defending it, and if Geoff hadnt put in a brilliant tackle, they would have scored.

Mossys ovation was great, nobody had even noticed that Greig had converted it and that treviso were waiting to kick off again.

Nice to see Mossy get man of the match, but if there hadnt been a bit of sentimentality, Greig wouldve got it for an almost faultless display. His try was a classic case of no one getting a finger on him, and he was involved in just about every other try.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 06 May 2012, 12:36 pm

Just goes to show what Edinburgh should have been doing in the league this season. Hopefully they'll take this performance away over the summer and mull over what they want to league to look like next season.

Top half finish should be the minimum accepted.

Laidlaw looks nailed on to be the starting 10 in the summer. Whether you think he'll be there long term or not, he's the starting 10 on merit. He's become a great kicker.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 06 May 2012, 4:47 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Just goes to show what Edinburgh should have been doing in the league this season. Hopefully they'll take this performance away over the summer and mull over what they want to league to look like next season.

Top half finish should be the minimum accepted.

Laidlaw looks nailed on to be the starting 10 in the summer. Whether you think he'll be there long term or not, he's the starting 10 on merit. He's become a great kicker.
fES, I know what you are saying about Laidlaw as Scotland's starting 10, but for once I'm going to argue that it's not all about form - I'm not convinced that he has the game to play 10 at international level, even tho he is excellent at club level, particularly given the game that Robinson seems to want Scotland to play - he didn't look comfortable during the 6Ns and I'm not sure it's the smartest use of our limited resources at the int'l level

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 06 May 2012, 4:50 pm

And can you suggest a Scottish 10 who does currently have the game to play at international level?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 06 May 2012, 4:51 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:And can you suggest a Scottish 10 who does currently have the game to play at international level?
The only one that I think will look comfortable as a form 10 playing at that level currently is Weir - I know that you Embra boys will leap up and down about that, RDW, but that's my honest view OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sun 06 May 2012, 5:15 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:And can you suggest a Scottish 10 who does currently have the game to play at international level?
The only one that I think will look comfortable as a form 10 playing at that level currently is Weir - I know that you Embra boys will leap up and down about that, RDW, but that's my honest view OK

Its ok, youre drunk and you dont know what your saying. Laugh
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 06 May 2012, 5:28 pm

IBD, sadly sober as a ... v sober person, but maybe it's time for a swift Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 06 May 2012, 7:34 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Asbo, it depends what game style you want to play. Greeg is better at an attacking style, Meatball better at pinning teams back with his kicking. We all know which AR prefers. Apart from the fact that he sees Jackson as his first choice 10, weird, in my book, he's 3rd choice at Glasgow.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 06 May 2012, 7:35 pm

sinner, that seems to be how they have played much of their club games this season, I agree. But Weir is capable of more than that - we saw it at the U20s JWC last summer and in the 'A' game against England back in January - he can play more expansively when told to do so OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 06 May 2012, 7:45 pm

Tend to agree didn't mean to do Weir down. Think he's a very good player and would like to see him play for Scotland.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 06 May 2012, 7:50 pm

Its good to have two competing players - either I will be happy. One Week I thing Greg the next Wee Dunc. Both have had great seasons and neither will let Scotland down.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 06 May 2012, 10:21 pm

They both have merits, no doubt, I actually wouldn't lose sleep over either being picked (makes a nice change), but on current form I'd pick Laidlaw. He's slightly sharper on the pass and seems to be full of confidence at the moment. It should also help Matt Scott settle in the 12 jersey as well, having his club colleagues playing inside him. Whether we think Laidlaw, Hogg or Jackson will ultimately end up with the 10 jersey or not, I suspect there's less debate as to the identity of the player who will ultimately settle in the 12 jersey. This will hopefully be the summer where he can win the jersey.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 06 May 2012, 10:29 pm

Impressive that the worst front row in the Rabo upped their game v Treviso in a dead rubber -wow ! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 May 2012, 10:52 am

Just in time to get picked over the summer schizoid!!

Time for Low and Welsh to get a start I think. Watched the highlights last night and the Glasgow front row was storming.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 May 2012, 9:21 pm

Yeah fES they are tough hombres - not !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down