The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruz out of UFC 148

2 posters

Go down

Cruz out of UFC 148 Empty Cruz out of UFC 148

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 07 May 2012, 9:56 pm

Done his acl apparently?

May 7, 2012 - UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has torn his ACL while training on The Ultimate Fighter: Live and will be pulled from his upcoming UFC 148 title defense against Urijah Faber.

News of the injury was first reported by Phytegurus.com, and has since been confirmed by UFC President Dana White.

"It's true Cruz blew his ACL," White tweeted. "Stay tuned for more info."

UFC 148 takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. A middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is slated to headline the summer show, while the heavily-anticipated rubber match between Cruz (19-1) and rival TUF: Live coach Faber (26-5) was intended to serve as the co-main event.

"I'm bummed people, thanks for the support as I battle this," Cruz tweeted. "Sorry to all the fans out there! I WILL recover and I WILL be back to put on a show!"

UFC officials have yet to make an official announcement regarding Faber's status on the card or if an interim bantamweight title bout will be created. If so, up-and-coming prospects Renan Barao (28-1, 1 NC) and Michael McDonald (15-1) would be the most likely candidates.

Barao is currently scheduled to fight Ivan Menjivar in a number-one contenders match at UFC 148, while McDonald recently cruised through former champion Miguel Torres en route to a first-round knockout victory last month.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/5/7/3005428/dominick-cruz-tears-acl-out-of-ufc-148-title-fight-vs-urijah-faber
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Cruz out of UFC 148 Empty Re: Cruz out of UFC 148

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 5:02 pm

Pity as its always a nice way to round off the series not to mention the tension building up between them, they really don't like each other!

I must admit I've only seen Faber fight of the two & that was his loss to Aldo, how did guys see this fighting going had Cruz not been injured?

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 09 May 2012, 1:13 pm

I thought Cruz just edged Faber in their rematch, Cruz's movement was just too much for Faber. I really like Faber as a fighter and as a personality. I'd be rooting for Faber in the rubber match but think Cruz would pull it off again due to his unorthodox movement.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down