The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy!

+25
eddyfightfan
Ent
Strongback
The Beast
Gordy
sweet_pea
TRUSSMAN66
The Galveston Giant
as1079
manos de piedra
Sugar Floyd Louis
ShahenshahG
OasisBFC
J.Benson II
Union Cane
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Seanusarrilius
Pound-for-Pound
azania
bellchees
kevchadders
School Project
hampo17
The genius of PBF
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy! - Page 4 Empty Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy!

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 08 May 2012, 5:32 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article12368.html

If true this is why boxing needs the best testing!

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy! - Page 4 Empty Re: Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy!

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 7:04 pm

Fair point actually and you've convinced me. I've been reading about it all day and the more you read it the worse it sounds. Been checking out ways to mask and undetectable masking agents. etc etc. It must be a bloody nightmare to test for all that crap.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy! - Page 4 Empty Re: Failed Drug Test? Khan Peterson fight could be in jeopardy!

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 7:12 pm

Is it a case of him being juiced for this next fight? Or is it that he was juiced during the last fight? Or both?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 May 2012, 7:17 pm

All the money is in beating the system not defending it.....

When the people trying to detect the peds become as sophisticated as the people beating the system then sport has hope!!!

Kind of feel a tad sorry for Ben Johnson, Chambers types....

As they are the tip of the iceberg..........

I mean sprinters are beating Ben Johnson's times by 5 yards now......

By eating their greens???????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 7:19 pm

I think its first fight myself - but the likelihood of him doing it again for his fight fee (he might need it in future - who is going to give him big paydays now? They are going to rip him off like a tourist at the cockney sales) but like Rowley said the consequences of being wrong could be disastrous. The first mistake (getting caught) was one of arrogance/stupidity - the next time round they might do it properly so they can at get what they can before they are kicked out. Peterson sells/sold himself on local boy street kid done good basis - how embarassed will those people be?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 7:25 pm

If he can prove hes clean for this fight I think it will go ahead.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 7:31 pm

I Imagine so - I just wont be as for it as I was earlier today. I think it will go ahead. I hope its not through exonerating him for the first fight but can't really rule anything out at this stage

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 7:33 pm

Yeah my interest in it has dwindled rapidly. Even if it goes ahead its only for the sake of convenience now like in the Mosley/Margarito affair.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 May 2012, 7:34 pm

Just seen on twitter that he had them injected on the 12th of November apparently.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Wed 09 May 2012, 8:37 pm

The 'King' has spoken, confirming the positive result and stating that they are now waiting on the Commission. He also praised Mayweather for his 'stance' on drugs. Can't imagine Manny being too happy with that!

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 11:00 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Is it a case of him being juiced for this next fight? Or is it that he was juiced during the last fight? Or both?

He was tested in March that's about 4 months after the Khan fight, no way does one shot of testosterone remain in the system that long. As I have been saying why didn't he disclose this information at the time of testing? He had the oppotunity. Do you think it is ok for fighters to juice outside of a training camp for a contracted fight? Its in the off season or outside of fight camp that athletes/fighters are juicing hoping to make the gains & not get caught. Nobody is gonna risk it 3 days before when you have pre & post fight tests. Also with regard to peds & steroids more fighters, be it mma or boxing have switched to pure testosterone because it clears from the system quicker than the aforementioned. Wake up guys its not just mma, sprinting & cycling where this is going on its right across the board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 11:06 pm

Forgot to mention the excuses he's now coming out with! First he couldn't understand it, then he admits the Dr gave him something & then its he's on TRT? Which is it? As I keep saying he could have disclosed this info but chose not to , I wonder why? Now he's backtracking & looking for any excuse to save his bacon & a career payday that if he wins could set him up for some mega fights with PBF or Manny.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 11:20 pm

sohotnot wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Is it a case of him being juiced for this next fight? Or is it that he was juiced during the last fight? Or both?

He was tested in March that's about 4 months after the Khan fight, no way does one shot of testosterone remain in the system that long. As I have been saying why didn't he disclose this information at the time of testing? He had the oppotunity. Do you think it is ok for fighters to juice outside of a training camp for a contracted fight? Its in the off season or outside of fight camp that athletes/fighters are juicing hoping to make the gains & not get caught. Nobody is gonna risk it 3 days before when you have pre & post fight tests. Also with regard to peds & steroids more fighters, be it mma or boxing have switched to pure testosterone because it clears from the system quicker than the aforementioned. Wake up guys its not just mma, sprinting & cycling where this is going on its right across the board.

I think it matters a great deal whether or not he is juiced regarding this next fight going ahead. If hes clean, then potentially the fight could go ahead without the same kind of health concerns. If he isnt, then it shouldnt go ahead full stop under any circumstances.

He needs to be banned and punished, but for the sake of the whole fight card and the time and money invested it could well be a case of the fight going ahead. The Mosley/Margarito fight went ahead for instance, despite the full knowledge that Margarito had been attempting to cheat. However without the loaded gloves the danger was averted. Likewise if Peterson is clean then there is not the same concern. I dont think anyone is arguing fighters should be allowed to juice under any circumstances but it makes a big difference whether or not it was in the past or present.

His test was failed in March, but was that when he was tested or merely when the results of a previous test were discovered. What the time delay in between testing and results?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 09 May 2012, 11:33 pm

i feel sorry for khan, he loses his title in by a close decision, with suspect refering and now looks like he's not going to get a chance to rectify the situation.

i wonder if any credible opponent would step up at short notice against khan for the title if it came to that

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 11:41 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
sohotnot wrote:

I think it matters a great deal whether or not he is juiced regarding this next fight going ahead. If hes clean, then potentially the fight could go ahead without the same kind of health concerns. If he isnt, then it shouldnt go ahead full stop under any circumstances.

He needs to be banned and punished, but for the sake of the whole fight card and the time and money invested it could well be a case of the fight going ahead. The Mosley/Margarito fight went ahead for instance, despite the full knowledge that Margarito had been attempting to cheat. However without the loaded gloves the danger was averted. Likewise if Peterson is clean then there is not the same concern. I dont think anyone is arguing fighters should be allowed to juice under any circumstances but it makes a big difference whether or not it was in the past or present.

His test was failed in March, but was that when he was tested or merely when the results of a previous test were discovered. What the time delay in between testing and results?

That's the point manos, it appears he's been juicing between fights/fight camps not leading up to the fight, the week before for example. If this was done under Olympic style random testing out of season/competion then said athlete would be banned. And it does make a difference whether it is in the past or the present. The NSAC banned Overeem for his elevated Testosterone levels which came 2 months before his scheduled fight in the UFC. He was tested in March, failed then had another in April which came back clean. It doesn't take 4 months to get results. Chael Sonnen was tested before & after his fight with Anderson silva, Weigh in I think & after the fight, results back in a week. Again why didn't peterson disclose the info over the prescription for TRT when he submitted the test rather than using it as an excuse after the fact & when the B sample was tested? Because he didn't think he'd get caught & then came out with it afterwards after first saying he had no idea? Overeem did exactly the same, pulled from fight by the UFC & given a ban by the NSAC. Same rules should apply for Peterson & boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 09 May 2012, 11:43 pm

Dont take it as gospel but I think that theres usually a waiting list of three weeks for routine stuff and it can be sped up sometimes bt it costs serious money. Strange that the second one took so long as it would have been priority rather than routine given the positive test. The sample was taken in march 19 at the presser and the test failed on 12th then the second failed on 2nd according to Shah Khan. It too dodgy to go on.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 09 May 2012, 11:54 pm

It would seem that Peterson tested positive before their first fight aswell. Why any of this information is only coming out now is beyond me...I wonder if Khan was aware of the initial failed drug test.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/09/lamont-peterson-rematch-amir-khan?newsfeed=true

The drama of the past couple of days reached another high point on Wednesday when the commission released details that Peterson tested positive before challenging Khan for his World Boxing Association and International Boxing Federation titles in his home town. It was a fight of rolling controversy but recent developments have overridden even those rows about questionable refereeing and the mysterious appearance at ringside of the man who came to be known as "The Man In The Hat", Mustafa Ameen.

If this is indeed the case then i am assuming the result of the first fight will be changed to a no contest?

It would seem the Khan haters will be eating humble pie for a little while longer now....

After all of the shenanagins with regards to Haye/Chisora and that being made it will be interesting to hear peoples thoughts about this....Peterson should be banned for life in my eyes...alot worse than some petty scrap!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 09 May 2012, 11:57 pm

Yes this is what confuses me. If he tested way positive way back in March why is it only coming to a head the week before this fight?

If he was juicing before the last fight, and that fight is done and he has not been juicing since then thats one issue.

But if he has been juicing all the way through thats another.

Both should obviously be outlawed and punished but in the context of the fight potentially going ahead next week I think its quite important a distinction.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 12:04 am

The fight is off then, according to that link. Fair enough. In the circumstances Khan should just be given back his titles. He shouldnt even have to fight for the vacated ones.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 12:18 am

Well from Shah's post it seems he was tested on March 19th, result back on April 12th & the 2nd test results came back 2nd of May & then the news gets through.

For me Manos you are missing the point with regards to juicing & when he did it especially as it seems you like others would like Olympic style testing in Boxing, you fail the test whenever it may be then you get banned, not just if you fail the pre & post fight test. From what I have been reading from various sources including Owen10ozzy is that he's been juicing on & off throughout, you do courses of the stuff & often use a masking agent so as not to get caught. Balco had 'The Cream & The Clean'. Owen10ozzy's link makes interesting reading. It looks like the fight won't go ahead & Khan may well fight for the vacant titles on the Manny vs Bradley card, check it out if you haven't already.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012, 12:24 am

If it's true that there was a positive test before the first fight and yet it was still allowed to go ahead then if I were Khan I would be absolutely livid.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 10 May 2012, 12:29 am

sohotnot wrote:Well from Shah's post it seems he was tested on March 19th, result back on April 12th & the 2nd test results came back 2nd of May & then the news gets through.

For me Manos you are missing the point with regards to juicing & when he did it especially as it seems you like others would like Olympic style testing in Boxing, you fail the test whenever it may be then you get banned, not just if you fail the pre & post fight test. From what I have been reading from various sources including Owen10ozzy is that he's been juicing on & off throughout, you do courses of the stuff & often use a masking agent so as not to get caught. Balco had 'The Cream & The Clean'. Owen10ozzy's link makes interesting reading. It looks like the fight won't go ahead & Khan may well fight for the vacant titles on the Manny vs Bradley card, check it out if you haven't already.

Im not missing the point Im just looking at it realistically. In a sport like boxing, I would not surprised to see the fight go ahead regardless of the storm around it for money issues. The same way the F1 went ahead in Bahrain, the same way the Mosley/Margarito fight went ahead.

Now if the fight did go ahead I think it makes a big difference, not least to Khan, if the opponent he is facing has been juiced for this fight or not.

It looks from the link that the fight will not go ahead, which is fine by me, but if it had been pushed through then whether Peterson was clean or not would have been a big issue.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 12:31 am

If Peterson was juicing prior to the fight, why on earth is he still the belt holder? Wasn't Toney stripped of the HW title after he was found to have juiced?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012, 12:32 am

azania wrote:If Peterson was juicing prior to the fight, why on earth is he still the belt holder? Wasn't Toney stripped of the HW title after he was found to have juiced?

If he was found to be juicing prior to the fight then why on earth was there a fight, whoever let that go needs to be shot.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 10 May 2012, 12:40 am

Just gets worse and worse

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 1:19 am

I thought taking drugs was fine in professional boxing since they are not tested - at least outside of the fight (?). This was a voluntary (?) test that he took and failed.

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Thu 10 May 2012, 12:47 pm

The worst thing to come out of this whole episode in my opinion is there is still very little bring seen to be done to make Olympic style testing the norm. Professional athletes are not unintelligent individuals therefore if they make the decision to cheat they are going to opt for testosterone types with short detection periods (test prob is only detectable for two weeks of a blood test us used), or HGH.

I can't help thinking they those inside the main organisation circles are too unwilling to disclose the real underlying problem that is present in boxing.

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012, 9:00 pm

One of the problems is that there isn't an insurance policy to cater for fight cancellation for PEDs. A promoter pays 8% for insurance liability. I imagine say for example Cotto wwas on PEDs and it was found out a few days rior to the fight, I'd imagine that the fight would have gone ahead, the issue swept under the carpet until the fight is over. The cost of putting that fight on would be huge whereas they can afford to cut the Khan fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4