The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight

+16
mobilemaster8
hampo17
alanqlm
Imperial Ghosty
bellchees
zx1234
School Project
Josef K.
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
as1079
manos de piedra
superflyweight
Soldier_Of_Fortune
paperbag_puncher
TopHat24/7
Union Cane
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight - Page 2 Empty The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight

Post by Union Cane Tue 8 May 2012 - 10:11

First topic message reminder :

The 606v2 Belt - The only one that matters

We're all fed up of the plethora of sanctioning bodies / belts that are ruining the game to the extent where nobody really knows who the 'champions' are any more.

So, to decide it once and for all, I'm going to introduce the 606v2 Championship Belt, and as it says at the top there, it will be the only one that matters.

We will follow the model that The Ring used to use; there are only two ways that a boxer can win the 606v2 title : defeat the reigning champion; or win a box-off between the number-one and number-two rated contenders.

Champions will lose the title in the following circumstances :

1. The champion loses a fight in the weight class in which he is champion.
2. The champion permanantly moves to another weight class.
3. The champion does not schedule a fight in any weight class for 12 months.
4. The champion does not schedule a fight at his championship weight for 12 months (even if he fights at another weight).
5. The champion does not schedule a fight with a Top-5 contender from any weight class for two years.
6. The champion retires.

So, to get started we will need our rankings, and this, good people of 606v2, is where you come in.

I will need everyone to post their top 5 current fighters in each division, I will leave this open until Friday 11th May at which point I will collate the results and publish the initial 606v2 rankings.

We will start with the following 17 9 weight divisions.

Viva la revolution!

1 Heavyweight
2 Cruiserweight
3 Light Heavyweight
4 Super Middleweight
5 Middleweight
6 Light Middleweight
7 Welterweight
8 Light Welterweight
9 Lightweight
10 Super Featherweight
11 Featherweight
12 Super Bantamweight
13 Bantamweight
14 Super Flyweight
15 Flyweight
16 Light Flyweight
17 Minimumweight

Over to you then, top 5's please.

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 9 May 2012 - 14:10; edited 3 times in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight - Page 2 Empty Re: The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight

Post by alanqlm Thu 10 May 2012 - 16:15

Edited my LWW to remove Peterson

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight - Page 2 Empty Re: The 606v2 Title : Your Top 5's please : Heavyweight - Lightweight

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012 - 17:10

Light Welterweight

1. Bradley
2. Marquez
3. Khan
4. Matthysse
5. Maidana

I've also taken Peterson out of the rankings

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 20:57

bellchees wrote:Light Welterweight

1. Bradley
2. Marquez
3. Khan
4. Matthysse
5. Maidana

I've also taken Peterson out of the rankings

Why is Marquez at 2?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 May 2012 - 21:30

Because he believes he's the second best in the division Az, pretty obvious stuff right?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 21:42

AlexHuckerby wrote:Because he believes he's the second best in the division Az, pretty obvious stuff right?

raspberry raspberry

Evidently. But his last fight was not at the weight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 10 May 2012 - 21:52

He's the interim WBO champion having beaten Fedchenko in his last fight.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:07

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He's the interim WBO champion having beaten Fedchenko in his last fight.

OK. I'd still put him below Khan seeing as he hasn't really proven himself at the weight. I'd rank him 2 at welterweight though, behind Floyd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:15

He's hardly proved himself at Welterweight either, he's yet to have a single fight at the full divisional limit being 3lbs of it both times, based on his lightweight record I feel more comfortable rating him at 140lbs than I am 147lbs.

To this day i'm still unsure what happened against Ramos because he's not a useless fighter by any means but based on his pound for pound credentials a top 3 ranking for him doesn't seem absurd although I would have him behind Khan who has a fairly extensive resume at the weight.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:41

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He's hardly proved himself at Welterweight either, he's yet to have a single fight at the full divisional limit being 3lbs of it both times, based on his lightweight record I feel more comfortable rating him at 140lbs than I am 147lbs.

To this day i'm still unsure what happened against Ramos because he's not a useless fighter by any means but based on his pound for pound credentials a top 3 ranking for him doesn't seem absurd although I would have him behind Khan who has a fairly extensive resume at the weight.

I supose you're correct. Its this weight hopping that gets to me. Too many weights, too many belts.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:43

I know Khan has done more at the weight but I think Marquez would beat him if they were to fight and do better against the other top guys in the division and seeing as Marquez hasn't fought at Lightweight for about 18 months I can't rate him there. I guess Khans case is made much stronger by the whole Peterson drugs mess which will surely make his last fight a No Contest but I still feel Marquez is right now a better Light Welterweight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:49

bellchees wrote:I know Khan has done more at the weight but I think Marquez would beat him if they were to fight and do better against the other top guys in the division and seeing as Marquez hasn't fought at Lightweight for about 18 months I can't rate him there. I guess Khans case is made much stronger by the whole Peterson drugs mess which will surely make his last fight a No Contest but I still feel Marquez is right now a better Light Welterweight.

I'd take Khan to beat Marquez. Khan has the speed and height to keep on the outside and pick JMM when he comes in. Plus Marquez can't bully him as Peterson did.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012 - 22:59

azania wrote:
bellchees wrote:I know Khan has done more at the weight but I think Marquez would beat him if they were to fight and do better against the other top guys in the division and seeing as Marquez hasn't fought at Lightweight for about 18 months I can't rate him there. I guess Khans case is made much stronger by the whole Peterson drugs mess which will surely make his last fight a No Contest but I still feel Marquez is right now a better Light Welterweight.

I'd take Khan to beat Marquez. Khan has the speed and height to keep on the outside and pick JMM when he comes in. Plus Marquez can't bully him as Peterson did.

I just feel that he is too smart for Khan. At some stage Khan will get caught on the chin while throwing one of those flashy combinations and Marquez is an excellent finisher I just see him putting Khan away instead of swinging recklessly like Maidana.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 10 May 2012 - 23:02

bellchees wrote:
azania wrote:

I just feel that he is too smart for Khan. At some stage Khan will get caught on the chin while throwing one of those flashy combinations and Marquez is an excellent finisher I just see him putting Khan away instead of swinging recklessly like Maidana.

Probably. JMM is a great boxer and how he does it at his age is amazing. But Khan's speed will do it. Plus JMM is not a big puncher. He's a counter-puncher and Khan hasn't had problems with counter-punchers. Its swarmers who give him issues and JMM is not big enough to push him back with any effectiveness.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 10 May 2012 - 23:13

azania wrote:
bellchees wrote:
azania wrote:

Probably. JMM is a great boxer and how he does it at his age is amazing. But Khan's speed will do it. Plus JMM is not a big puncher. He's a counter-puncher and Khan hasn't had problems with counter-punchers. Its swarmers who give him issues and JMM is not big enough to push him back with any effectiveness.

Khan hasn't fought a good counter puncher yet. Either way it's a fight I'd like to see sooner rather than later now Marquez has proved that the weight shouldn't be an issue given his performance against Manny and his age doesn't appear to be slowing him down yet.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 11 May 2012 - 13:18

Last chance to get your Top 5's in, I'll be publishing the inaugural 606v2 rankings over the weekend.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 11 May 2012 - 13:24

Ive edited mine to remove Peterson and to include Mayweather at ww for the sake of consistency.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2