The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process?

2 posters

Go down

Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process? Empty Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process?

Post by Portnoy Tue 08 May 2012, 10:32 am

The IRB suspension of any proposals to Law changes are now well over after the 2011 RWC.

This is not another post about what changes you'd like to see Just the process.

Last year for instance a group of knowledgeable forwards (but some may say old farts) submitted their views on the scrum : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/8834455/Fran-Cotton-Mike-Burton-and-Ray-McLoughlin-submit-paper-to-IRB-calling-for-scrummaging-law-changes.html .

How does the process regarding Law changes work and how do I find out what's going on?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process? Empty Re: Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process?

Post by RubyGuby Wed 09 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I notice cricket has increased its residency ruling to 7 years recently - Its a move in the right direction IMO thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process? Empty Re: Law changes - are there any in the offing? And when and how do we learn about the process?

Post by Portnoy Wed 09 May 2012, 6:00 pm

I'm not sure Ruby, but I think that rule has been in place for years.

Graham Hick comes immediately to mind.

But I don't know how that squares with Kevin Petersen.

Anyway it's a qualifying rule, not a playing law.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 09 May 2012, 6:08 pm

Yeah but it qualifys you to play all the same thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down