The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why choose a particular boxing forum??

+24
eddyfightfan
milkyboy
zx1234
azumah HOF
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
Valero's Conscience
BoxingFan88
RANDY77
DoubleD22
Mind the windows Tino.
Sugar Floyd Louis
Strongback
Adam D
School Project
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Josef K.
hampo17
The Galveston Giant
as1079
Steffan
Rowley
Pedro147
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why choose a particular boxing forum?? - Page 2 Empty Why choose a particular boxing forum??

Post by Pedro147 Tue 08 May 2012, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering your thoughts on why you choose a boxing forum? Speaking for myself I was signed up to the old BBC 606 forum and when they began shutting it down I joined this forum. What makes a good forum? What are the principal aspects of a forum that would make you choose a forum?

If you were to change one thing about this forum what would it be?

What things do you feel make this forum standout against others?

Also just wondering are there many of you that post on muliple forums or is it mainly just this one?

Just want to point out this not attack on the MOD's who I feel do a great job in locking pointless threads and keeping the forum rules adhered to. Keep up the good work.

Looking forward to your response Smile

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Why choose a particular boxing forum?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why choose a particular boxing forum??

Post by azumah HOF Thu 10 May 2012, 9:32 pm

milkyboy wrote:i'm still here when not changing nappies zoomy... thanks for the compliment though i don't belong in such exalted company.

rowley is right that we appear to have lost some of the great core posters... and he didn't even mention the much missed waingro

The original bbc board was great when it was launched before they rejigged the site and almost everyone moved to boxing banter (which fizzled out i believe), the beeb lost its way for a while and then picked up again. As you say zoomy, the LRR days were laced with koolade on occasion... didn't you get banned in a spat with him?

These things are often cyclical but the beeb had a unique position and would always get fresh blood. Somewhere like here needs to work hard for its punters and like all businesses, they're far easier to lose than attract. I hope it holds its remaining good posters, because some of those mentioned are big losses to the both the quality and volume of debate.

yes milky i did get banned in an epic royal rumble featuring LRR Trussy HMS and I believe Goldengloves. Infact to be precise i was banned a total of 8 times, which i believe even trumps Trussy in his pomp. This was part of the fun for me. I would be banned after a particularly feisty spat then i would love sending an invective laden email of complaint to the Mods, which i am sure never got read. I would go off on one starting off with injustice of the mods and ending off with it being a capitalist conspiracy loool.
Then there was the old multiple aliase rouse, which sadly seems not to be a feature here! As Trusyy would let you know i came in many guises; lilhandsofstone, willydaworm being two of my faves! I remember the orgasmic joy of Truss when he uncovered me as lilhandsofstone. which of course was all the more comical as we had just unveiled him as Lescargo ( a fat northern pie eating beast who was a staple diet on the darts forum!!! loooool) oh my the good ole days!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Why choose a particular boxing forum?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why choose a particular boxing forum??

Post by RANDY77 Fri 11 May 2012, 12:41 am

on which board does D4 attempt to bait his fellow members these days?

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 11 May 2012, 9:42 am

RANDY77 wrote:on which board does D4 attempt to bait his fellow members these days?

The very fact that it is not this one is enough for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 11 May 2012, 10:07 am

He's on not606 Randy.

Personally, I came from being a very infrequent poster on the BBC boards although I was more Football than Boxing, until I saw an argument between Coxy and D4 that lasted what felt like forever. I then came back occasionally to see what was going on and read some truly spectacular articles regarding old boxers and new. I still think now as I did then that a few posters can be unnecessarily malicious and some have an agenda or specific bias however on the whole, the community is what makes me keep coming back. This is where the greatest number of former 606'ers reside - and certainly with people like Tino, Chris, Union anything I need to know about boxing, or even things I didn't is covered.

Its like having a boxing wikipedia that reacts to my needs.

I like it here, I wish I were more active but I do feel that having an adverse opinion has to be much more eloquently defended than sometimes is perhaps realistic. I'm guilty of this, if I dislike certain boxers and if someone else is a massive fan but I think they're pants I'll vilify them and I shouldn't. If I've done that I'm sorry.

I wish there were less moderation sometimes, without getting to cussing. I like banter, and sometimes the moderation team are like nursery school teachers with their moderation and the slightest hint that there may be an argument and not a debate they're all over it with red text and "holier than thou" attitude (in some cases)

Sometimes guys you should just let things sail their course and only jump in when its needed. If you saw an argument in the pub, before it got to fighting you wouldn't stick your nose in.

Other than that (seems like I ragged the mods then) the mods do a fine job of keeping the place nice and tidy. I don't mean to sound like I'm unhappy - but the moderation sometimes is a reason I don't post as often because I'm not sure what level of conversations I can have.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2