The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft

3 posters

Go down

Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Empty Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft

Post by Thomond Wed 09 May 2012, 14:07

Despite some solid moves in free agency, signing starters Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks and Eric Wright, the Buccaneers still had some holes coming into the 2012 season. Most of the offence was set, but there were needs at running back and offensive tackle.

During their successful period (1997-2002) the Buccaneers were known for their defence. Ronde Barber, John Lynch, Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks were Pro Bowlers most years and All Pros a lot of the time too. Last year the Bucs had the worst defence in the league, they may have given up less yards then the Patriots and the Packers, but gave up over 100 more total points. The Patriots and Packers were able to "bend and not break." The Bucs were just broken. Before the draft the Bucs had first, second, third, fifth, sixth and seventh round picks.

Continued here: http://www.v2journal.com/buc-ball-a-review-of-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-draft.html

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Empty Re: Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft

Post by twelve283 Wed 09 May 2012, 19:35

I like what the Buccaneers have done in free agency and the draft. The jury is still out on Josh Freeman IMO, I thought he made some poor decisions last season, his TD/INT ratio went in the wrong direction but on the plus side he attempted more passes and had an improved completion %. I like the moves Greg Schiano and the FO have made to surround him with more talent.

LeGarrette Blount is a solid RB but he can't stay on the field for 3rd downs, the additions of Doug Martin and Michael Smith gives the Bucs the potential to have a true 3 down running back. Smith actually went a bit under the radar playing behind Robert Turbin at Utah State. The more the Buccaneers can run the ball the better it will be for Josh Freeman IMO. Vincent Jackson is another receiver for Freeman and should help take the pressure off of Mike Williams. The OL is solid, the only real weak spot being RT Jeremy Trueblood.

The young DL will continue to develop and Lavonte David is a perfect fit for the Bucs defense. Barron went higher than I felt he would but should bring a consistent presence to the secondary, primarily closer to the LOS.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft Empty Re: Buc Ball- A review of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Draft

Post by Leedscowboys Sat 12 May 2012, 12:11

And Da'Quan Bowers picks up an injury, ACL was it I heard?
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 12 May 2012, 12:15

Achilles, probably out for the season at least till late November/December. That would be pretty unbelievable recovery at that. Very disappointing, I think he could have been in for a big year. He will hae injury problems throughout his career, his knee issues are that much of a concern.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down