The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What ever happened to Martin Johnson?

+10
red_stag
timhen
anotherworldofpain
nathan
mckay1402
HammerofThunor
Portnoy
flankertye
formerly known as Sam
maestegmafia
14 posters

Go down

What ever happened to Martin Johnson? Empty What ever happened to Martin Johnson?

Post by maestegmafia Fri 11 May 2012, 2:40 pm

Anyone know what he is up to now?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to Martin Johnson? Empty Re: What ever happened to Martin Johnson?

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 11 May 2012, 2:51 pm

Enjoying is retirement and probably doing a bit of charity work. Same as Cozza I'd imagine.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

What ever happened to Martin Johnson? Empty Re: What ever happened to Martin Johnson?

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Last seen in a video tribute to the players leaving London Irish, which was played at the Madjeski at the weekend.

Not sure why they got Jonno, but it can be seen here if anyone is interested:

http://www.london-irish.com/flvpopup.ink?videourl=/uploads/video/Leavers%202012.flv

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Fri 11 May 2012, 5:10 pm

Tribute to Big bob wasn't it?

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 5:18 pm

The video is about all of the players leaving, but Jonno only talks about the ones with england caps.

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Fri 11 May 2012, 5:25 pm

Look at him talking about Nick Kennedy!
You hated him Johnson! Don't lie!

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 11 May 2012, 5:35 pm

He's probably mulling over the SL side and be comparing the slight differences in their choices.

In between bouts of sticking pins into wax effigies of the senior players that let him down. Seriously down.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 11 May 2012, 6:06 pm

flankertye wrote:Look at him talking about Nick Kennedy!
You hated him Johnson! Don't lie!

Wasn't Johnson the ONLY coach to cap him?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Fri 11 May 2012, 6:07 pm

Thought he got his first cap with ashton?

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 11 May 2012, 6:11 pm

wiki have him going on NZ tour in 2008 [edit: as his first England involvement]

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 11 May 2012, 7:32 pm

He's taking part in some charity event in Market Harborough soon. Not sure what or when but it's his home town so I imagine he's hanging out here a fair bit now
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 12 May 2012, 12:44 pm

mckay1402 wrote:He's taking part in some charity event in Market Harborough soon. Not sure what or when but it's his home town so I imagine he's hanging out here a fair bit now

Ah the place that use's all our tax contributions to do up it's own town centre and spend nothing on our village!!! Sad

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 12 May 2012, 3:55 pm

which village is that?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 16 May 2012, 3:20 pm

mckay1402 wrote:which village is that?

Broughton Astley (past Lutterworth) , one of the biggest villages in Europe. Plenty of tax income for the council!!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 16 May 2012, 4:08 pm

Rumour has that MJ apply for the job at the Auckland blues because his wife thought about to move home.

But this why Blues state already this week in the media they want "kiwi" to coach the team.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 16 May 2012, 4:16 pm

another - firstly can I commend you on your improving use of English.

Amongst all the figures in English rugby, no-one is more secretive than MJ.

He is the one man who cannot be predicted.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 16 May 2012, 4:18 pm

THankyou for the compliment.

I am working hard to match to England.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 16 May 2012, 4:25 pm

Rumour has that MJ apply for the job at the Auckland blues because his wife thought about to move home.

But this why Blues state already this week in the media they want "kiwi" to coach the team.

Ironic as had his wife not wanted to see more of the world after the were married he would have never returned to England and the All Blacks would have had the best enforcer of the 90s and 00s instead of England. I think a coaching job rather than a head coaching job would be better for him, keep him out of the headlines and help him to learn his trade a bit more with a mentor like figure (a really experienced head coach).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 16 May 2012, 4:35 pm

I think that MJ could be a great TV analyst.

But predominantly I believe that he's essentially a private man who'd rather spend his time nearer the coal face.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Wed 16 May 2012, 5:02 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:THankyou for the compliment.

Yes, it must be difficult for someone from the other side of the world.

Have you tried our fush 'n' chups?

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 16 May 2012, 5:06 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Rumour has that MJ apply for the job at the Auckland blues because his wife thought about to move home.

Let us not forget who he played for as a teenager - http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/oct2010/6/4/johnnopic-212874303.jpg Very Happy

Let me also say well done on your improvements in English. What country are you from originally?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 16 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Yes Johnno did go over to NZ as a an early-day form of academy training. But essentially he came back not only to England. but to Leicestershire.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 16 May 2012, 8:13 pm

He still wears trousers that are slightly pull up a bit high at the bottom when sat on a bar stool.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 17 May 2012, 12:45 pm

timhen wrote:

Yes thankyou for take the interest. I try from the shop near Marylebourne which suppose be the best in england. And was very nice. Thankyou.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 17 May 2012, 12:49 pm

red_stag wrote:
anotherworldofpain wrote:Rumour has that MJ apply for the job at the Auckland blues because his wife thought about to move home.

Let us not forget who he played for as a teenager - http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/oct2010/6/4/johnnopic-212874303.jpg Very Happy

Let me also say well done on your improvements in English. What country are you from originally?

Well I was born Japan technically but not live there very much from time the baby because my parent are from Romanian and Croatian. Then I move to Turkey and Croatia while my parents make a work before sent to New Zeeland escape the war and go to the university. But I don't finish there because my English not so good and I am lazy a bit and just swim and playing at rugby and learn to surf. Then I move to Australia for a job but it finish. So I come here in England and make some money.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 17 May 2012, 12:57 pm

Like all good stag parties normally the one in charge slips off into obscurity but finds it impossible to shake free from the scandal and shame associated with the events that eventually find their way back to people who really shouldn't have ever found out. What happens in NZ stays in NZ.

Shame as I think MJ did a lot of good work to turn around England´s fortunes that appears to be now well and truly dismissed.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Thu 17 May 2012, 3:25 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
red_stag wrote:

Well I was born Japan technically but not live there very much from time the baby because my parent are from Romanian and Croatian. Then I move to Turkey and Croatia while my parents make a work before sent to New Zeeland escape the war and go to the university. But I don't finish there because my English not so good and I am lazy a bit and just swim and playing at rugby and learn to surf. Then I move to Australia for a job but it finish. So I come here in England and make some money.

Funny, with that accent I could have sworn you were from Romford.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Thu 17 May 2012, 4:31 pm

Ey Barney, don't be knocking Romford Wink

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 17 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Romford is not great distance from Barking. Wink
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 17 May 2012, 4:48 pm

timhen wrote:

Yes thankyou for take the interest. I try from the shop near Marylebourne which suppose be the best in england. And was very nice. Thankyou.

I've been there and was a bit disappointed. Although I guess theres a limit to how good fried fish and chips can be...

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 17 May 2012, 7:04 pm

I prefer a sushi or the stake.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 17 May 2012, 7:58 pm

But I don't finish there because my English not so good and I am lazy a bit and just swim and playing at rugby and learn to surf. Then I move to Australia for a job but it finish. So I come here in England and make some money.

Thats remarkably similar to Danny Ciprianis life story

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 17 May 2012, 9:25 pm

So any one actually know what Mr Johnson is occupying himself with these days?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 18 May 2012, 8:40 am

He should apply for this
http://www.uksport.gov.uk/jobs/RFU-Communications-Manager-040512
although no doubt will be fighting off stiff competition from The Grey Ghost who has admirable qualifications for the role.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 18 May 2012, 10:06 am

I think there is some mistake here in specify the job.

"Personally champion a team culture where values such as excellence, hard work, service to stakeholders, honesty, integrity and achievement are paramount"

Conflict with this one:

"Strong media relations skills"

But making the serious point I am dismay that they say "An interest in and understanding of rugby is desirable". But certainly this might say "essentially".

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 19 May 2012, 1:20 am

"Personally champion a team culture where values such as excellence, hard work, service to stakeholders, honesty, integrity and achievement are paramount"

I think that lines just in there to make sure Henson doesnt apply

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down