The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Kean.

+17
dyrewolfe
Good Golly I'm Olly
Kay Fabe
Mat
James_182
Crimey
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
lorus59
Fernando
jeromedubois
dublfcynwa
TopHat24/7
cherriesfna
Beer
Gordy
GSC
Josiah Maiestas
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Steve Kean. - Page 2 Empty Steve Kean.

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 14 May - 23:17

First topic message reminder :

Somehow I bumped into this while on another forum. Shocking!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xcB9XfLjL8&sns=tw

Shocked

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Steve Kean. - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Kean.

Post by GSC Mon 24 Sep - 13:46

Its not that he shouldn't be fired, he shouldve gone a year ago. Its the timing. When he actually does well hes sacked.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Sep - 13:57

Yeah, it sends totally the wrong message. They showed faith in Kean in the Premier League, so what exactly would he have had to do in the Championship not to be sacked.

If I was a football manager, I'd stay the hell away from Blackburn which is being horribly run by owners who clearly don't have a clue about football.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep - 14:06

why the hell have they sacked him after the start to the season they have had..

#baffled

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep - 14:15

As a Blackburn fan you only have to be at the game on Friday to witness the hostility. The booing of Danny Murphy was shameful. For every missed pass in the last 10 minutes and he got booed. Kean should never have been manager in the first place and I fully blame the owners who took the advice of a bloody football agent!! The poison has spread through the club right from the boardroom right into the stands.

I was willing to give Kean a chance as he has started so well in the Championship and plus he had to be given time to inbred his signings into the team. We have won more games in the first 6 than I expected!

This is the darkest memory I can recall in our clubs history. It is unfortunate that a man has to lose his job in order for everything to come together.

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Mon 24 Sep - 14:16

He was told to get 16 points from 7 games; we have 14 so he has failed.

We are playing so badly, I saw them play Ipswich and we sat back for he entire game, I thought ‘okay give him the benefit of the doubt, we are away from home’ but he is setting our team up like this every game.

How we played Friday against Boro which was shocking is practically a blue print of how we have played most games.

The man is tactically inept and has no idea how to use the players he has at his disposal.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep - 14:25

In fairness how are we going to attract players and a manager with the persistent booing at every match? Take Friday. Everytime we got near the goal the fans were cheering and then when they lost the ball it was 'Get Kean Out' how on earth are the players suppose to gain any confidence from that?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 24 Sep - 14:26

Its a tough one. While you can sympathise with the Blackburn fans with the route their club has gone, whats the point in turning up and booing the team at every opportunity.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 24 Sep - 14:30

So...who replaces him? I can't see many people wanting to go there with how the fans have been towards Kean(rightly or wrongly)

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon 24 Sep - 14:39

To be fair this was always coming with Shebby Singh appointment he never wanted Kean in charge i am sure he will use his influence to get rid of the Steve Kean camp inside the club. Once that is done then the club will slowly be edging in the right direction. but the biggest problem since day one for me is Steve Kean. At least the owners have finally backed us and have slowly been improving the way they run the club.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 24 Sep - 16:57

I'm with Mat and Crimey tbh, its a good squad, but with the current climate and owners, would you really want the job.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon 24 Sep - 17:05

Tbh the current climate at the club is way better than where it was. The club is being run a lot better than last season we are slowly making progress in the right direction. In regards to the climate, it would change over night with the sacking of Steve Kean. Attendances are down by 10k, due to Steve Kean, even with positive results, fans have made it clear that they will return the day he is sacked.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Sep - 17:11

Harry Redknapp would take it, he should be managing an EPL top 6 club though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep - 12:35

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19714258

May not be the news most fans want to hear. Still it is stability. The owners for me just wow. How the phuck can they phuck things up so badly. The only positive pointer is that they see the revenue in the club has gone down due to falling attendances. It may result in the sacking of Kean, but it has been a long suffering saga.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 25 Sep - 17:30

I know it is an outsiders point of view, but for me, I think the owners have to stick with Kean at the moment. I mean you are up the sharp end of the Championship, and that is good, no matter what the performances are like. In a way it is even better that you are playing so badly but still winning.

I just think after standing by Kean (rightly or wrongly) for the whole of last season, when in my view he should have been sacked in December, they have to stay with him now, and give him a shot at getting back into the Premier League.

Also I don't know who you would get in to replace him. What manager in his right mind would want to manage Blackburn under these owners.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Sep - 17:32

i know he isnt the greatest manager in the world, but he has been treated horribly by the owners, and no one deserves to be treated that badly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep - 9:49

I think they have to stick with Kean as much as it pains me to say that. The players have even commented on how the un-certainty surrounding Kean is de-stabilising them.

If rumours are correct they are sizing Alan Shearer up?!?!

Grief do they really know that little about the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 26 Sep - 14:20

I'd be amazed if that were true...even more so if Shearer took the job, after his brief and ill-fated stint at Newcastle. I'm pretty sure he's happy being a pundit.

Back on topic, I'd agree with those who are saying "stick with Kean". Yes, he may have got Blackburn relegated, but the owners should have acted sooner, while there was still time.

They're top of the Championship (or top 2 at least), despite not playing well. Obviously there are still plenty of problems to sort out, but it looks like the seeds of a revival are beginning to sprout.

I'd urge Blackburn fans to get behind Kean and the players, for the time being at least. Good support and a good atmosphere at home games can only spur the players on and help your promotion push. If the wheels start to fall off mid-season, then by all means call for a new manager, but until then, give the guy a chance to redeem himself.

Speaking as a Boro fan, we went through something similar when Gordon Strachan was in charge and the booing was even targeted at some of the players. It was a thoroughly unpleasant period in our history and the negative atmosphere at the Riverside only seemed to make the players scared to play. Granted, he eventually resigned, but there was no turnaround in sight, unlike at Blackburn.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 26 Sep - 14:49

I'd be amazed if that were true...even more so if Shearer took the job, after his brief and ill-fated stint at Newcastle. I'm pretty sure he's happy being a pundit.

He's known to be keen to get back into management, I believe he applied for the Cardiff job when that became available and was interested in the Leeds job before Neil Warnock took over.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 26 Sep - 15:11

Blackburn fans are a disgrace, booing Murphy the other night for a misplaced pass. Then chanting Kean Out when you are 2nd in the league, 2-0 with 35 mins to go. Shocking

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep - 15:32

The owners if anything deserve the brunt of the stick that Blackburn fans are giving out. They were the ones who mis-sold John Williams the dream that they would invest in the club and make the appropriate funds available to Kean mount a challenge in the Premiership. He has signed more players now than he did in the Premier League. I agree yes he wasn't the right man for the job, but it wasn't his fault he was offered the job. Yes there is rumours of the back stabbing plotting which saw Allardyce out of a job, but right now the club is low on confidence and the fans who do attend the matches need to get right behind the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 26 Sep - 17:18

You can have Fat Sam back if you want, cant stand the man

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Sep - 18:27

no i like him at west ham, we are actually doing ok in the prem!

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 28 Sep - 19:19

He's released a statement saying he's been forced to resign. Can't quite understand this, a team that wins playing poorly will win when playing well and I'm sure the performances would have turned round.

Get your money on either Tim Sherwood or Alan Shearer.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 28 Sep - 19:29

Sherwood has been ruled of of the DOF role at Spurs so money should get on him.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 28 Sep - 20:19

Can't believe he has been sacked, after all the money in the summer, and they have had a good start to the season!!!!

It is even better if the performances have been bad, imagine how well they will do when they are good!!

If I'm honest I didn't like the bloke, but I admired his ability to take the abuse, and work on. And quite frankly I began to like the guy, just cant see how Blackburn will ever do well with the owners they have in charge, still in charge
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Fri 28 Sep - 21:16

The News all Blackburn fans have wanted to hear has finally come.

21 months of pain, embarrassment and disillusion have had a small step towards Redeement.

I do not think for one second life with the Venkys will be easy just becasue Kean has gone, but I would say that a good appointment now followed by promotion will see fans slowly coming back.

As the months wore on, it was at times hard to dislike Kean simply because seeing him take all this abuse and still stand his ground took guts, but unfortunately guts and a strong resolve wont win football games if that's all you have, you need ability and tactical awareness of which Kean sadly had very little indeed.

Back to winning ways and good appointment to hopefully follow swiftly will get things back on track.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 29 Sep - 0:10

Who do Blackburn fans want and more importantly who do they think they can attract?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Sep - 10:48

In all honesty, which manager is going to want to manage Blackburn? They've got owners who don't know how to run a football club, a horrible set of disloyal supporters and you're expected to win the league or, at the very least, get promotion. Any takers?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep - 10:54

Money talks though Duty. I'm sure if they threw an enticing offer at someone they'd soon take up the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Sat 29 Sep - 11:43

Kay Fabe wrote:Who do Blackburn fans want and more importantly who do they think they can attract?

I'd like to see Mick McCarthy or Karl Robinson from MK Dons personally.

The bookies Favorites are Tim Sherwood, Alan Shearer, Mick McCarthy and Harry Redknapp. Outsiders are Rafa Benitez and Alex Mcleish.

As long as the owners can take a back seat and not interfere, then i'd like to think a decent appointment can be made.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 29 Sep - 12:04

Redknapp, Benitez would be crazy to accept that job when they could get a much better one. I feel for both though, as they're both top managers who deserve to be managing top clubs yet just can't seem to get the job.

I think McCarthy will be the one to take it, but wouldn't be surprised to see McLeish accept it either, although he called his experience at Aston Villa as a nightmare at the end when he was being abused by the fans, so it might put him off. Shearer would be stupid to take the job, he's already hurt his managerial chances by being in charge as Newcastle went down, so taking over the instability at Blackburn would be a poor career move.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Fri 5 Oct - 21:06

Btw for anyone interested, this blog right here perfectly descibes the reasons for the hatred towards Steve Kean. Unfortunately unless you follow the story from the beginning then it is very hard to understand why Blackburn fans have been acting the way they have. But here is the blog

http://www.thewildblackburnrover.com/

From Mikey Delap

What you saw, what we saw...

This is for certain members of the Soccer Saturday panel and for that matter anyone else who has verbally bashed the fans of Blackburn Rovers during the reign of Steve Kean which thankfully ended last Friday night...

What you saw in Steve Kean was a man who had been a victim, who was bullied without provocation. What we saw was a man that dug his own grave with a trail of lies, false promises and antagonistic behaviour during the last two years.

Get great offers and free bets at FREEbets.

What you saw is a man who had remained dignified against a backlash that he didn't warrant, a man who in the face of incredible adversity kept his cool and didn't rise to the bait of a crowd who never backed him. What we saw is a man so arrogant that he knew he'd be backed by naive owners and didn't feel the need to fight against the criticism that came his way. He was untouchable and he knew it.

What you saw was a manager who needed to be given time and a chance. What we saw was a manager who patently wasn't up to it and to make matters worse blamed everyone but himself, rightly or wrongly.

What you saw was Steve Kean, a positive thinker with a mentality to look on the bright side. What we saw was Steve Kean, a man with delusions beyond rational thinking and with a very loose grasp on reality.

What you saw was an unknown making the best of a bad situation. What we saw was a sneaky operator and unknown footballing politician who created that very situation.

What you saw was a guy being harassed based purely on the results he achieved. What we saw was a guy being shouted at for much more than results alone.

What you saw was a promising leader who had his side sat in third in the Championship and had only lost one game out of seven so far this season. What we saw was a tactically inept disaster who had lost thirty seven times in seventy four games and oversaw a relegation.

What you saw was a maligned boss who had gained sympathy and friends in the media through his epic struggle against all the odds. What we saw was a confident talker who was verbally calm and who used the media to create the "victim" story that the outside world chose to believe, the friends in high places came along when it became popular to support the story along with the opportunity to play this victim story to his employers.

What you saw was a first team coach who was unexpectedly thrown in at the deep end against his will after the sudden sacking of Sam Allardyce. What we saw was a man who planned the whole thing long before it became a reality, a man who wanted to become a manager and went behind a colleagues back to make it happen.

What you saw was a manager who had no support from his superiors. What we saw was a manager who was a dictator, he didn't want help from elsewhere, he wanted the power and the control and he went a long way to making it happen against all better judgement.

What you saw was a group of fans who are of the lowest form of life, ones who lack the brain cells to see that they are contributing to their own downfall. What we saw (and lived) was a group of fans who knew that their club was being used as a play thing, something that had been shamelessly mistreated and who would't go down without a fight. Fans who wanted change, knew something was very wrong and weren't fickle enough to drop the complaining because we won one game - there was a bigger picture at stake.

What you saw was a footballing supporting faithful who relegated their own team. What we saw was cost cutting football ownership and a complicit manager who went a long way to sinking that ship well before the people in the stands kicked up a fuss.

But most importantly of all, it's what you HAVEN'T seen that has developed this idea that Rovers fans are the enemy, when in fact quite the opposite is the case. What you haven't seen in the last two years at Ewood Park is relentless provocation from a manager who has played you all like a fiddle.

The Sky Sports Soccer Saturday team won't tell you differently because the likes of Paul Merson and Charlie Nicholas have the same agent as Steve Kean. The rest of the media won't tell you differently because they don't care enough about Blackburn Rovers to dig a little deeper and see what's really going on.

When Rovers fans protested they were disgusting, vile creatures who should be condemned. When the fans of Aston Villa, Manchester United and Liverpool did it they were heroes fighting against an evil establishment.

The people and the fans of Blackburn Rovers acted no differently to how anyone else would have if they were in that exact same situation. Others would call that delusional, but then they haven't bothered to read the real version of the same story.

There is an old saying I'll use to wrap this up - "walk a mile in my shoes..."

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 5 Oct - 22:45

I understand the reasons perfectly well. That doesn't mean the Blackburn fans are covered in glory by this either. Spending money just to put your own team down helps nobody.

And quite frankly, being relegated from the premiership hardly ranks amongst the most heartbreaking things that can and do happen every season.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Fri 5 Oct - 23:01

I agree mate, the biggest problem was the structure of the club, and our owners pick the wrong year to do there business. We sold too many players to clear our debt and close our accounts in the UK to move them to India. What happened got us relegated through miss management more than anything.

I agree with that there is worse things that have been done than relegation. trust me when I say though the most painfull aspect of it all was seeing our club destroyed in 22 months and seeing the soul of Blackburn Rovers crushed by Steve kean and Venky's. Things are finally on the up though, just need to hope they pick the right manager.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Oct - 23:09

Can anybody see Kean getting another managerial position? I can't, which says everything. He may get a coaching role but what manager would want an obvious backstabber on board? From the outside looking in the bloke appears a rat....

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 7 Oct - 13:39

The problem wasn't sacking Kean, it was sticking by him while things we're going bad, but sacking him when the team got more successful. It's no good for anybody at all, and makes Blackburn an unattractive prospect for any manager.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon 8 Oct - 8:51

Agreed the biggest issue is that they should of sacked back in December last season but then we beat Manchester United at Old trafford which meant he was allowed more games.

I disagree though the job at Blackburn is an attractive one. While our owners have been terrible since the appointment of Shebby Singh things have been run more appropriately, and the one thing our owners have shown is commitment to the man in charge. They are willing to give time to the manager to install his philosophy on the team. Also since we have transfered all our accounts to India, money have been invested into the team, and we have the strongest squad in the championship, which will mean the possibility of a trophy to the man who takes charge.

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 27 Dec - 13:22

jeromedubois wrote:
While our owners have been terrible since the appointment of Shebby Singh things have been run more appropriately, and the one thing our owners have shown is commitment to the man in charge. They are willing to give time to the manager to install his philosophy on the team. Also since we have transfered all our accounts to India, money have been invested into the team, and we have the strongest squad in the championship, which will mean the possibility of a trophy to the man who takes charge.

57 days commitment to Berg before he, too, got the Order of the Boot. Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2